Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much calcium?

Hey!

I've been supplementing with Vitamin D3 for a while. I recently grabbed some calcium+vitamin d tabs, that contain 10g (400 IU) of Vitamin D, and 800mg of Calcium.
    Now it seems 10g is quite a small dose of Vit D, but would it be harmful to take more pills, considering they also contain calcium, so potentially getting too much calcium?
    I've had them for a while as I was emptying the other bottle of D, so I can't just return them...

Yes, that would be too much calcium. There's really no need to supplement calcium as long as you get a decent amount (600 mg or so) from diet (dairy, green leafy veggies, or bone broth). Paul Jaminet has some great write-ups about this at Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life (or in his book - Perfect Health Diet).
    LastBottleWines

Comment

Alright, thanks. I was afraid it was so. Cheers for answering

Comment

800mg is too little calcium

But little of that form of calcium in the supplement is absorbed anyway, much like the calcium in green vegetable sources.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          800mg is too little calcium

But little of that form of calcium in the supplement is absorbed anyway, much like the calcium in green vegetable sources.
          Oh, it depends which calcium and which supplement - look for essential calcium.
          But supplemental 800 mg is definitely too much and as people said you probably don't need to supplement.

Comment

Working...
          X