No announcement yet.

Why isn't this working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're down to 10-15 pounds, you may also benefit from Intermittent Fasting. It worked for me to shave off those last few pounds.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

Two weeks is just the time it takes (in average) to switch from the carbs burning metabolism to that of fats.

You have reduced sugars, did you increase your fat intake? This is a common error people do, not eating enough fats.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Grok View Post
        AND, I think I am addicted to the macademia nuts in my desk drawer. I may need to put those out of arm's reach.
        If you're eating them for any reason other than hunger, then its food your body didn't ask for. This might be a clue to those extra 10lb.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I love the idea of this lifestyle. It just feels "right." However, I have been at this fairly diligently for two weeks now, and the scale hasn't budged. Any suggestions for a newbie?
          Have you tried 90% for 6 weeks? And not just eating. How about 90% compliance to the whole Blueprint?
          Sandra
          *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I recently lost 10 lbs. in four weeks, and went down from 12 % to 8 % of bodyfat, so it doesn't need to be a fight for years to take off the last amount of stubborn bodyfat either, it all depends on the set-up of the diet and exercise...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Nice, thank you! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by banananutmuffin View Post
                If you're down to 10-15 pounds, you may also benefit from Intermittent Fasting. It worked for me to shave off those last few pounds.
                This can work, but make sure you are fat adapted first For me this required being 100% though for a month first.

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
                Have you tried 90% for 6 weeks? And not just eating. How about 90% compliance to the whole Blueprint?
                90% could work for you, but you may be like me where 100% only works. If I allow treats, I end up worse off, as I crave more and more crap.

Good luck

Comment

AND, I think I am addicted to the macademia nuts in my desk drawer. I may need to put those out of arm's reach.
                  Kelly you just answered your own question of why you are not losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    I recently lost 10 lbs. in four weeks, and went down from 12 % to 8 % of bodyfat, so it doesn't need to be a fight for years to take off the last amount of stubborn bodyfat either, it all depends on the set-up of the diet and exercise...
                    Agree. Your exercises of choice need to fit in nicely with diet.

Comment

The scales could stay the same even though you've lost fat

Comment

Yes, that's why you measure also. But no need to abandon the scales all together unless you want to.

Comment

Working...
                        X