I just don'r FEEL like meat/eggs etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
    Yea, I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 152-155. I'm at 165 now and have some people get concerned when I mention losing more weight (I squeeze the fat on my belly to show them they are wrong). But my belly is actually pretty flat at this weight. It's just not at all toned.

But there are differences in build, if you have a very fine build I could see a lighter weight being optimal for you. But can't see you having much muscle.
    Well, I have small bones, broad shoulders and a lot of muscle. Quads are strong and big, arms pretty muscular, but layer of fat hides definition. I do lots of core strength, but the layer of fat over my abs hides! I've completed P90x a few months ago, starting another round this week. I'm strong and fit, but there is some extra fat hanging around that I'd like to ditch! Not to look emaciated, just leaner.

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
      Yea, I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 152-155. I'm at 165 now and have some people get concerned when I mention losing more weight (I squeeze the fat on my belly to show them they are wrong). But my belly is actually pretty flat at this weight. It's just not at all toned.

But there are differences in build, if you have a very fine build I could see a lighter weight being optimal for you. But can't see you having much muscle.
      Well, I have small bones, broad shoulders and a lot of muscle. Quads are strong and big, arms pretty muscular, but layer of fat hides definition. I do lots of core strength, but the layer of fat over my abs hides! I've completed P90x a few months ago, starting another round this week. I'm strong and fit, but there is some extra fat hanging around that I'd like to ditch! Not to look emaciated, just leaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        More fruit, less fat. Also add some muscle, you will look better without having to lose fat.
        This guy is not primal, his advice probably won't work for you. Its all an experiment though.
        I know if I ate more fruit i would end up eating buckets each day

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
          This guy is not primal, his advice probably won't work for you. Its all an experiment though.
          I know if I ate more fruit i would end up eating buckets each day
          Then there is something wrong with YOU, not fruit.

Comment

If you say so Zach

Comment

Yes, there is something wrong with a lot of us. Most people in industrialized nations have a disease that causes their insulin to not work so hot, called insulin resistance. Heard of it? So we can't eat a bunch of fruit without our energy systems going haywire and cusing us to feel hungry for more constantly because our muscles are starving. It's a bummer but at least we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Could be that your goals are unrealistic. 5'7" 135 is a fine weight. Sure you can lose more weight but at some point in women you start hitting hormonal issues or lose more lean mass than you would like. Don't know for certain....whats your BF%?
                When I was at 135 lbs, and I am 5'7" tall, my bf% was almost 25 %. At 125 lbs, my bf went down to 14%.

You will not have hormonal issues if you stay over 10 % bf.
                5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
                  When I was at 135 lbs, and I am 5'7" tall, my bf% was almost 25 %. At 125 lbs, my bf went down to 14%.

You will not have hormonal issues if you stay over 10 % bf.
                  I am fairly certain for woman its over 16%.

Comment

It depends where you take the info. It varies from 10 to 13 % depending on where you read. Amenorrhea is a way of saying "not enough body fat" from the body.
                    5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Working...
                    X