What have you eaten today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing a HIT workout today fasted so for lunch gonna have:

Salmon, a few raw egg yolk, sweet potato fries, home made kraut, and a big glass of raw milk. Who knows if I'll even need dinner after this. We shall see.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Bleh... m today I had ablack coffee at watercolor class, then passing by at my art Department i got served a bit of coffee with milk which I drank out of courtesy but left me feeling queasy in the stomach (intolerant).

When i got home I ate 2 fried eggs with butter grilled chicken with the skin, carrot and salad.

Then I had more coffee, out o routine I guess...

Dinner is pending.

btw I like this thread,I'm beginning to see a pattern that I hadn't noticed before. lol

Comment

Breakfast was an apple, a blood orange and 2 oz gouda cheese. Now I'll have red cabbage and beets and sauerbraten from the German market.
        If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
        I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

Breakfast: I only had one cup of coffee with cream instead of the usual two because I always have a major pee emergency while on the recumbent at the gym.
          Lunch: a frittata made of egg, tomatoes, onions and asparagus. SO GOOD.
          Dinner is going to be a big scoop of guacamole, and chorizo and chicken tacos but served over lettuce instead of in taco shells. I may add cheese and sour cream. Not sure. Trying to be more paleo so I'll probably skip it and throw some diced onion or something on top.

I'm getting some great ideas from this thread!
          be the hair that knots with my hair
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Breakfast
            150 g shrimps, half a red onion and a quarter of a large zucchino fried in olive oil, with garlic and chive mayonnaise

Lunch
            A large baked sweet potato with butter and soft goat's cheese, a dollop of apple, celeriac, beetroot and red cabbage coleslaw with walnuts, and a large smoked mackeral fillet
            2 bananas microwaved with a small pat of butter and a glug of semi-skimmed goats milk

Dinner
            4 olives stuffed with whole garlic cloves
            A generous serving of sweet chestnut, zucchini and baby leek risotto with sage, white wine, 100g feta cheese, and 2 glasses of red wine
            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
              Breakfast
              150 g shrimps, half a red onion and a quarter of a large zucchino fried in olive oil, with garlic and chive mayonnaise

Lunch
              A large baked sweet potato with butter and soft goat's cheese, a dollop of apple, celeriac, beetroot and red cabbage coleslaw with walnuts, and a large smoked mackeral fillet
              2 bananas microwaved with a small pat of butter and a glug of semi-skimmed goats milk

Dinner
              4 olives stuffed with whole garlic cloves
              A generous serving of sweet chestnut, zucchini and baby leek risotto with sage, white wine, 100g feta cheese, and 2 glasses of red wine
              Sounds so decadent....
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Chicken livers for dinner! Bone broth too. Couple pieces of lindt 85% for desert.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                  Sounds so decadent....
                  I have to admit, it was rather :-).

It's very chilly here.

We have about 3-6 inches of snow forecast to start falling from about 5 am GMT.

Hoping that we get a decent amount of snow arriving early overnight so I can justify working from home tomorrow!
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Onemeal (known as lunch when preceded by breakfast or followed by dinner):

1/2 lb Trop. Trad. grass-fed ground beef, 2 medium eggs all fried together (in coconut oil), with 4-5 oz of gouda melted up in it

1 small plantain cut, fried (in coconut oil), smashed flat, and fried again to yield 8 tostones (e.g. 10 normal days' worth of carbs). Feelin' bloaty!

1 avocado with 4-5 slices prosciutto.

several thin, slices of Smjor grass-fed butter with pink Himalayan sea salt. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of an ounce total.

That's it for the day. Well, I did have 2 cups of coffee with a tablespoon or so of heavy cream each this morning. And I may chew a piece of gum before I go out on an errand.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Leftovers of a stew I made the other day. Both for breakfast and dinner. At dinner I also had some milk and blueberries.

The stew was beef heart with carrots, celery and onions and tomatoes, simmered for around 7 hours in dark ale.

Comment

This day I made two meals with:

2 cans of tuna (85 grams each),
                        3 hard-boiled eggs,
                        1 raw beet,
                        2 bananas,
                        2 apple,
                        1 avocado,
                        1 kiwifruit,
                        2 pieces of dark chocolate,
                        2 tablespoons of olive oil,
                        sugarfree cup of coffee.

I don not recommend go raw for beets, though.
                        Ancas Largas (or "Wide Hips") | visual primal diaries (in portuguese)

Comment

Leftover beef mince burgers and roughly a kilo of white potato fries.
                          A chicken breast with roughly a kilo of sweet potato fries and a small salad (strawbs/capsicum/lettuce).
                          Chocolate coffee "ice cream".
                          Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                          https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                          MFP Food Diary:
                          http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                          (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

breakfast - scrambled egg wrapped in olive oil toasted nori, cappuccino w half & half
                            lunch - tuna w mayo and pickles on celery
                            snack - apple
                            dinner - spaghetti meat w sauce and parmesean cheese
                            snack - about to go have some guacamole bc I'm still hungry!

Comment

pre workout - raw coconut water, bone broth, beet kvass, tbsp coconut oil and <tbsp raw honey

then later, a banana, raw eggs, raw scallops and raw oysters

then later, blueberries, celery sticks, and some raw cheese

then later, a little red wine.

and later I'm gonna have some kefir and fermented cod liver oil
                              I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Originally posted by boxcarguy07 View Post
                                pre workout - raw coconut water, bone broth, beet kvass, tbsp coconut oil and <tbsp raw honey

then later, a banana, raw eggs, raw scallops and raw oysters

then later, blueberries, celery sticks, and some raw cheese

then later, a little red wine.

and later I'm gonna have some kefir and fermented cod liver oil
                                No offense, but that sounds like you just ate a bunch of supplements with no caloric value.
                                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                                X