No announcement yet.

What have you eaten today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast: the usual. Coffee with half and half. I think I have to give up the half and half, which is the only thing keeping me from being paleo.
    Lunch: the usual again! I am nothing if not a creature of habit. An omelet with veggies inside, and two charred slices of sweet potato from a spud left over from last night's dinner.
    Dinner: I made paleo pad thai for dinner. Diced chicken sauteed in CO and scallions and garlic, and then tossed with lemon juice, lime juice, almond butter, red pepper flakes, and raw honey, and coconut milk. You serve it with fresh scallions and crushed raw cashews on top. I did it over spaghetti squash but it would be great over wild rice, I think. It was super filling and so delicious.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• What is with the double posts today..........
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• I think I just invented a new food. I'll call it Seaweed Frittata Foo Yung.

1 package Sea Tangle brand kelp noodles drained and heated in micro for 5 min (you could also boil them)
        6 eggs beaten
        add seasonings to the eggs like herbs garlic, pepper, etc.
        put warmed noodles in an oven safe frying pan (no plastic handles) and pour egg mix over them
        squwush it all around in the pan so all noodles are eggy
        garnish with what ever you like. I did a can of anchovies but that may not be to everyone's liking. Bell peppers would work
        sprinkle of grated cheese on top
        bake at 350 until set (about a half hour)

There are iodine levels in my dinner tonight that would make Grizz envious.

Comment

• Half a head of iceberg lettuce eaten out of hand; 2 tomatoes, 5 ounces of cooked beef, 2-1/2 ounces of extra sharp cheddar cheese, some pork rinds and salsa. Seemed like a lot of food at the time. Not hungry. Just had 1/2 ounce cacao beans.

Comment

• Just had some orange juice, a mango and a bunch of fries baked in lard (my dog loves these as well) for lunch. Going to finish off the day with some delicious shakshouka.

Comment

• I had some deliciousness today!

- Cajun Catfish at lunch

- Salmon, Salmon Bacon, Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, Nori Sheets & Green Beans for dinner

Comment

• 'Paleo' granola with almond milk
                Bacon and egg
                Steak with salad
                2 pieces 85% dark choc
                3 black coffees, 2 green teas and 1 black tea with milk
                Lots of water

I LOVE reading about what other people eat

Comment

• B- 2 fried eggs in a little butter, 1 slice middle bacon + coffee with fresh cream
                  S- 10 pecans, 10 almonds + peppermint tea
                  L- grilled chicken with paprika seasoning; 1/2 avocado + coffee with fresh cream, tsp coconut oil
                  D (will be)- porterhouse steak (200g) with 1/2 onion and tomato (fried in a little butter)

= about 1200-1300 cals. 24 carb.

Comment

• About seven coffees.
                    Lindt choc bar - been trying a different one a day, reviewing them, even.
                    Spicy baked turkey legs and sweet potato wedges with GY dip.
                    Protein sludge w/ berries.
                    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                    MFP Food Diary:
                    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

• Today, nothing yet, just a mug of good coffee with a tea spoon of coconut oil. I run on green or rooibos tea until early dinner (one meal a day schedule).

My one single meal (dinner at 6pm) yesterday had been:

- 3 fried mackerel fillets " la Mark Sisson" (very simple ... actually no, extremely simple!)
                      - 2 gently fried eggs in ghee
                      - one bowl of mixed salad (rucola salad, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, avocado, home roasted pine seeds, herbs, dressing with Greek yogurt - Dijon mustard - olive oil - etc)
                      - 2 slices of bacon
                      - some cooked butter beans stirred in bacon fat with pork belly chunks, onions, broccoli, herbs
                      - some water

Some tea later in the evening. After such a meal, no temptation for anything else (I baked a bunch of blueberry flaxseed muffins for my kids and just the sight of them did not trigger anything but a "no thanks" thought).

Comment

• Breakfast - Nothing but black coffee (not breakfast as the fast was not broken)
                        Lunch - 3 scrambled eggs in butter, tumeric, with bacon & spinach. Small Greek yogurt with Berries and sour cream
                        Late snack - another small Greek yogurt + cheese + protein shake
                        Dinner - salad with cheese and self made dressing + Small Greek yogurt with nuts (yeah i have plenty of yogurt on hand )

Comment

• Peppermint tea
                          Handful of Brazils and hazelnuts
                          Chili with chorizo on a bed of wilted spring greens
                          20g dark chocolate

Comment

• 2 fried eggs
                            2 pieces of bacon
                            1 bananocado/pecan muffin
                            1 medium sized apple
                            1 handful of almonds

I'm about to dig into my big-ass-salad. A handful of diced chicken with 1 hardboiled egg and 1 slice of bacon, 2 cups of greens, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 tomato, 2 tbsp or so of homemade avocado/lemon vinagrette. Nom nom nom.
                            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Breakfast: 4oz brisket
                              Lunch: 6 egg yolks, fried
                              Supper: 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, 1 chicken breast
                              Bedtime snack: bacon and cheddar cheese

I haven't been hungry at all since the carb refeed I did on Tuesday night.
                              Last edited by eKatherine; 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• breakfast: 3 eggs, steak, asparages, blueberries
                                Lunch: 3 chicken drumsticks, 1 avocado, some nuts and kale
                                snack: can of tuna
                                dinner will be lamb, mixed greens

Comment

Working...
                                X