No announcement yet.

gaining weight, don't know why...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your D3 level checked. Once I got my level above 60 ng /ml, my depression disappeared. More walking will help, too.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I think you are retaining water -- one side effect of Wellbutrin -- but you should ask your doctor. While you are at it is doesn't hurt to ask for a vitamin D test. If you have insurance it will probably run you around $15.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
        Also, stop fasting.
        Why should I stop?
        5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Originally posted by RandyStimpson View Post
          I think you are retaining water -- one side effect of Wellbutrin -- but you should ask your doctor. While you are at it is doesn't hurt to ask for a vitamin D test. If you have insurance it will probably run you around $15.
          Water retention... never thought of it! It could very well be one of the issues. Might explain why I feel bigger at night!
          I will try to get b/w done... in the next few weeks unless my doctor checked it already in August. My new multivitamin has 800 UI Vit D3 in it, but I just started taking it this week. I will also be adding 400 UI a day as of today. Lets see what happens.

My appetite is still huge. I find it hard to find things to eat now that I *need* to lose weight. I am used to 4 -5 thick slices of bacon a day, steak, 10 % fat greek yogurt, lots of raw veggies, pistachios. I can eat half a chicken in one meal.

My journal:

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
            Get your D3 level checked. Once I got my level above 60 ng /ml, my depression disappeared. More walking will help, too.
            thanks for the info. Which dosage of D3 are you taking? How long did it take to see a difference?

My journal:

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
              thanks for the info. Which dosage of D3 are you taking? How long did it take to see a difference?
              6,000 IUs. Carlsons Solar D Gems.

Took about 6 weeks to get my levels up, but everyone is different. Get tested! More info at Vitamin D Council > Information on Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency and Vitamin D Toxicity
              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

When it comes to taking vitamins more is not better. I wouldn't start on a vitamin D binge if your vitamin D level is good. Your doctor will recommend a dosage.

Also the amount a person absords by supplementation varies greatly between individuals. Some people can not absorb any vitamin D by supplementation and must use sunlight (or a tanning bed) to make their own vitamin D.

Comment

Still not losing weight here. I regret even starting this whole thing, I had no weight to lose now I am 18 lbs heavier. My clothes don't fit anymore. Words cannot express how upset I am.

My journal:

Comment

Post what your eating for a whole day....or if you use a tracking site post a pic of it. If your not using a tracking site then start.

Post what you use to eat before starting this WOE also.

Comment

Why did you try this diet in the first place? You were at a normal, stable weight and now you're 18 pounds fatter? I'd recommend ditching primal and going back to what worked before. Or if you truly want to keep up with this diet and risk torturing yourself some more, try going high carb with fruit and potatoes and cut back on fat and protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                        Why did you try this diet in the first place? You were at a normal, stable weight and now you're 18 pounds fatter? I'd recommend ditching primal and going back to what worked before. Or if you truly want to keep up with this diet and risk torturing yourself some more, try going high carb with fruit and potatoes and cut back on fat and protein.
                        Not everyone on here switches to lose weight man. I did it to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I didn't need to lose any weight either. There is more to health than simply the number on the scale.

Comment

Being stressed out and fat isn't a good way to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Not everyone on here switches to lose weight man. I did it to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I didn't need to lose any weight either. There is more to health than simply the number on the scale.
                            There are also ways to be healthy without being primal.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                              Being stressed out and fat isn't a good way to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
                              For the record: 5' 7" and 142lbs = 22.2BMI = Normal weight

I mean if OP is stressed then that is self induced. It always is in cases such as this. Yes it's a mental choice to allow such things to affect you so.

As to her weight. I repeat...if she wants help she needs to track the changes she has made. Then if she presents that data we may be able to offer some reasonable advice. Just recognize that she is not "overwieght" at this juncture and very well may have been underweight at the start.

Oh, just found "my bf % was still around 15"......yeah....borderline dangerously low for a female before she changed her diet. I say good on her for putting on some much needed healthy fat and don't stress about it!
                              Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-27-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                Post what your eating for a whole day....or if you use a tracking site post a pic of it. If your not using a tracking site then start.

Post what you use to eat before starting this WOE also.
                                Prior to August 2011, I was a vegetarian.... Eating tons of bread and soy products. I will start tracking (again)what I eat on fitday.

My journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X