Perfect Health Diet - Newest Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Health Diet - Newest Edition

Is anyone reading the newest edition, with the Forward that was written by Mark?
    Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I am so loving it!!
    I bought it on Kindle but realized I needed a hard copy,
    so looking for it from Amazon any day.

Comment

Loving it here too! So much useful information and easy to read presentation of up-to-date science.
      Starting Weight: 197.5
      Current Weight: 123
      Far healthier!

Comment

I haven't ordered the new edition yet, but it's definitely on my list of books to add to my personal library

Comment

Mark may have given his seal of approval on it, but I still prefer a little thing called "the Primal Blueprint."

But maybe that's just me being crazy and talking out of my ass here...
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I am reading it and love. I think it's the best book I've read on nutrition. There website is amazing, too. They have all the studies listed to support the book. I know a lot of people here are always looking for studies to back up our way of eating. Here you go:

Notes to the Book | Perfect Health Diet

I am following their supplement recs from this page even though I haven't finished reading about them in the book (not all of them)
            Supplement Recs | Perfect Health Diet

I came from doing VLC and after so many months felt a need to add carbs back into my diet. I did very well on VLC, but don't feel it can be sustained long term as PHD says.

Comment

I am reading it and love. I think it's the best book I've read on nutrition. There website is amazing, too. They have all the studies listed to support the book. I know a lot of people here are always looking for studies to back up our way of eating. Here you go:

Notes to the Book | Perfect Health Diet

I am following their supplement recs from this page even though I haven't finished reading about them in the book (not all of them)
              Supplement Recs | Perfect Health Diet

I came from doing VLC and after so many months felt a need to add carbs back into my diet. I did very well on VLC, but don't feel it can be sustained long term as PHD says.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                Mark may have given his seal of approval on it, but I still prefer a little thing called "the Primal Blueprint."

But maybe that's just me being crazy and talking out of my ass here...
                It doesn't seem much different than PB... just a really good book with more info and science than PB and perhaps a bit higher in carbs.

Comment

I did VLC and totally primal to lose, just as Mark suggested, and had great success.
                  Now, I've learned I need less protein, some starchy carbs, moderate fats and specific supplements.
                  I feel better, sleep better, much happier cause I get to eat bananas, org potatoes and WHITE RICE!!!
                  I have Mark's new book coming, loving his sauces cookbook now.

Comment

I'm reading it right now though I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                      I did VLC and totally primal to lose, just as Mark suggested, and had great success.
                      Now, I've learned I need less protein, some starchy carbs, moderate fats and specific supplements.
                      I feel better, sleep better, much happier cause I get to eat bananas, org potatoes and WHITE RICE!!!
                      I have Mark's new book coming, loving his sauces cookbook now.
                      Yeah I know white rice. It's nice to have read that in the book. I have been eating rice since I was a kid and never had problems with it. When I jumped on the paleo thing I realized it was the wheat that was causing my environmental allergies. I have to say I only eat rice on occasion since it's pretty high carb...I just try to add it on my workout days.

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                        It doesn't seem much different than PB... just a really good book with more info and science than PB and perhaps a bit higher in carbs.
                        I'd say a pound of starch a day is a little more than a "bit" higher.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Yeah, I don't eat that much, scares me, but my portions of everything are much smaller these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                            I'd say a pound of starch a day is a little more than a "bit" higher.
                            Actually, a pound of sweet potato works out to 96 grams of carbohydrate (Nutrition Data, based on 6g/oz). Add in a large banana (31 g carbohydrate) and you get 127 g of carbs. That's well within Mark's recommendation for weight maintenance (100 to 150 g of carbs).

I read the first edition of the PHD, and I just got my copy of the newest edition from Amazon.

Comment

I lost a lot of weigh on a low carb diet, gradually shifting to primal a # of months ago. I was super cautious about adding back too many carbs and attempted to get a healthy intake from lower carb veggies, but so many times they were not completely satisfying. Since reading PHD, I've cautiously added both white rice, sweet potatoes & white potatoes to my menu although not at every meal and certainly not in the amounts Jaminet recommends. I have found them to be extremely satisfying and filling and my digestive tract seems to be joyous over these additions. At my new lower weight I find that I cannot --- and probably will never -- want to eat the larger amounts of starches (or for that matter, anything), but this is just one example of useful information and well explained science that I've gotten from the book.
                              Starting Weight: 197.5
                              Current Weight: 123
                              Far healthier!

Comment

Working...
                              X