Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the heck do I get my Omega ratio down to 1:1 if the diet is so high in fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe someone bumped a 6 month thread. But, to agree with Docter, 4:1 or lower is good enough. If you go below 1:1 then you actually have problems with thinning blood.

Remember not to go overboard with extremes. There is a huge obsession with getting Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio down but its only elevated by eating franken foods. If you eat a strict paleo diet with no fish and only grass fed meats (as many of our ancestors would have ate if they lived inland) you will get good ratios anyway. Don't fall for the thinking that if x is bad then the complete opposite must be good.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Good point Bushrat. While we're at it, I read Stabby's comment that ALA can help prevent conversion to AA. So ALA isn't enitrely useless? Can anyone expound on this?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Omega 6 is in almost everything, Omega 3 mostly fish and fish oil.
        I can't imagine that a lot of tribes around the world would be getting a good omega 6-3 ratio, some of them would've rarely had fish available to them.
        I think it's not worth stressing over, just make sure you supplement with fish oil, eat enough fish and sea life. As for fats, I like adding in a variety of foods, so you can just switch it up in your fat intake (grass-fed meat, eggs, olive oil, almond butter, nuts, seeds, coconuts, avocado).
        Free book on Self-change (aswell as Paleo articles) at my website: www.identityisdynamic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Edje Noh View Post
          I was thinking the same thing. Omega 6 is in almost everything, Omega 3 mostly fish and fish oil.
          I can't imagine that a lot of tribes around the world would be getting a good omega 6-3 ratio, some of them would've rarely had fish available to them.
          I think it's not worth stressing over, just make sure you supplement with fish oil, eat enough fish and sea life. As for fats, I like adding in a variety of foods, so you can just switch it up in your fat intake (grass-fed meat, eggs, olive oil, almond butter, nuts, seeds, coconuts, avocado).
          Omega 3 is in a lot true free range pastured animals (and more balanced ratio). Factory farming increases omega 6 and lowers omega 3.

Comment

Working...
          X