Beer????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer????

So first I'm 23 years old I maybe have couple beers every two weeks. Don't judge I have good friend and I enjoy the company and fun.
    Sooo my question is, is there and beers you could recommend for me that is someone what paleo. Or beer with out the wheat in it.

There are gluten free beers out there, but honestly, if you are drinking that little it's not worth the hassle. Consider it your 20% and enjoy it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

When I was 23, 2 or 3 was the warm-up for the evening festivities! I agree with Damiana.... if that is all you consume, it isn't worth sweating the load over.

Comment

I mean....go through the 30-60 days of strictness then reintroduce a wheat product to find out if you may or may not be intolerant to gluten. If not then get yourself some Milwaukee's Best and have a good time . If so then you should make the extra effort to find the gluten free stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BeatMD View Post
          I maybe have couple beers every two weeks.
          Unless you've got an intolerance to it, I would not worry. As someone has said, treat it as part of your 20% treat.
          Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Budweiser makes a sorghum beer called Red Bridge that is gluten free.
            Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I drink heavily on the weekends i.e. 7 or 8 pints of Lager both Friday and Saturday nights and usually 1 or 2 glasses of red wine on a Sunday with Roast dinner.

Its quite obvious that this is over the '20%' but I am not gaining weight, I'm losing it!

Food-wise I reckon I'm pretty close to 100% Primal.

Can anyone else share some sensible views on how I'm achieving this excellent weight loss whilst still consuming beers?
              100% Primal if it wasn't for beer and wine...

Comment

IMHO, the most "primal" beer would be an unfiltered brew that has the residual yeast in the bottom. Know any homebrewers? Most of them make 100% barley malt beers with no wheat or corn, and you can consume the probiotic yeast on the bottom of the bottle.
                Click here for my hiking and backpacking Youtube Channel

Comment

Enjoy your beers! My best morning cardios usually comes the day after drinking beer, so something good obviously happens...
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

unless you have a sensitivity to it, count it as your 20% (i.e. living a normal life) and move on. enjoy the beer

Comment

My favorite "reduced gluten" beer is Omission Omission Beer - Drinking is Believing *
                      My second fav is Tweasonale by Dogfish, but its a bit wacky (has strawberry in it). Tweason'ale | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales
                      I also brew my own beer and add this product, which allegedly reduces the gluten WLN4000 Clarity Ferm | White Labs
                      I believe Mark did a post once that the average ppm of gluten in beer is 60 or so compared to 6000 for bread. If so, 100 beers = 1 slice of bread assuming you visualize a bread slice that is the same mass as the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by youtacolot View Post
                        My favorite "reduced gluten" beer is Omission Omission Beer - Drinking is Believing *
                        My second fav is Tweasonale by Dogfish, but its a bit wacky (has strawberry in it). Tweason'ale | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales
                        I also brew my own beer and add this product, which allegedly reduces the gluten WLN4000 Clarity Ferm | White Labs
                        I believe Mark did a post once that the average ppm of gluten in beer is 60 or so compared to 6000 for bread. If so, 100 beers = 1 slice of bread assuming you visualize a bread slice that is the same mass as the beer.
                        Clarity Ferm is an interesting product. There is a local brewery here in Colorado that uses it in everything but wheat beers and has their beer tested in a lab for gluten. They consistantly get results that are technically low enough to be considered gluten free, however they label it as "gluten reduced." I doubt it would work with a wheat beer, but with normal barley based beer I have heard nothing but good things.

I drink high quality craft beer often, usually not made with Clarity Ferm, and I do fine with it. I do notice that wheat beers do seem to have a minor effect on me, but not beers made from things like barley or rye. The next batch of homebrew I do will definitely include the Clarity Ferm enzyme. It is effective, and also very cheap!

Comment

I like good craft beer, but find that I rarely drink it on a weekly basis any more. Usually wine or bourbon.

However, every year when I do the Great American Beer Festival, the day that I focus on trying wheat beers absolutely WRECKS me. I don't know if it's the wheat, or the fact that I average 120 samples per tasting session, but...

Comment

It's good to see that there are others on the board that not only drink beer occasionally, but homebrew as well! I consider beer my 20% and am working towards perfecting my homebrewing techniques. All while keeping primal and currently losing weight!
                            Starting weight: 230 lbs
                            Current weight: 190 lbs
                            Goal weight: ~145 lbs

Comment

I have homebrewed since 2007, with that said I rarely drink beer anymore ha. I am noticing that I may have overreacted initially blaming wheat as an issue for me. My body retains water if I pig out on late at night, get drunk on anything, and too much salt without drinking enough water. Due to the inflammation wheat causes in the body I have reduced my beer consumption to a few pints of Pliny the Elder a few times a month which is the 5 year running Best Beer in America.
                              Last edited by paint94979; 12-04-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X