Beer????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paint94979 View Post
    Just out of curiosity is the feeling of being bloated immediate or after the beer has gone through your digestive system?
    For me its when you drink it with a big meal. The only other way I would get bloated straight away is either downing a pint, or drinking a super fizzy lager such as Carling Black Label or something
    100% Primal if it wasn't for beer and wine...

Comment

Originally posted by RampantSquirrel View Post
      It's good to see that there are others on the board that not only drink beer occasionally, but homebrew as well!
      I'm too lazy to homebrew, but I drink beer regularly. Hard liquor is tricky for me, maybe because of my size, and I never feel very well after more than a glass of red wine. Beer is my go-to alcoholic beverage, PB be damned.
      50yo, 5'3"
      SW-195
      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
        I'm too lazy to homebrew, but I drink beer regularly. Hard liquor is tricky for me, maybe because of my size, and I never feel very well after more than a glass of red wine. Beer is my go-to alcoholic beverage, PB be damned.
        Iv been stearing towards more hard liquor. If I do drink beer now, I make sure its strong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I think the general consensus is some beer now and then is a good thing..

So I'm wondering people find is best to eat prior/during drinking? I'm pretty sure this strongly affects how drinking affects me!

Comment

I'm sorry but "beer now and then" is definitely not a good thing. Will it effect your long term goals if drank now and then? Highly doubtful but please don't feel like its a good thing to do.

Comment

I'm sorry but "beer now and then" is definitely not a good thing. Will it effect your long term goals if drank now and then? Highly doubtful but please don't feel like its a good thing to do.
              Why?

Comment

Estrella make a gluten free beer called Daura. I love it. It doesn't bloat me. Most larger supermarkets in the uk sell it.
                Cobra is touted as less gassy which I'd agree with and is made from barley, rice maize and hops according to wiki.

Comment

I'm sorry but this statement is total BS. There are many ways to classify what a "good thing" is. If a beer now and then keeps someone on track with not falling off the wagon then it can classify as a good thing. Is beer paleo/primal? No. But technically neither are some of the other "vices" people use to stay on track. But "not a good thing" is not accurate.
                  Starting weight: 230 lbs
                  Current weight: 190 lbs
                  Goal weight: ~145 lbs

Comment

:S

Okay, I capitulate... How about an acceptable thing?

And more importantly, what are your thoughts on food in combination?

Comment

Originally posted by RampantSquirrel View Post
                      I'm sorry but this statement is total BS. There are many ways to classify what a "good thing" is. If a beer now and then keeps someone on track with not falling off the wagon then it can classify as a good thing. Is beer paleo/primal? No. But technically neither are some of the other "vices" people use to stay on track. But "not a good thing" is not accurate.
                      Last time I checked we are on MDA... One of the highly emphasized and basic principles of this life style is NO WHEAT. Therefore how is drinking beer or any alcohol beverage a "good thing?" Sure I drink beer and even eat pizza once in a while but that doesn't make it a good thing. I have adapted to this life style and don't ever feel the need to "cheat" you may but saying to myself "AHH! I need to drink a beer or I'm gonna cheat" is simply not something built into me.

Comment

Last time I checked we are on MDA... One of the highly emphasized and basic principles of this life style is NO WHEAT. Therefore how is drinking beer or any alcohol beverage a "good thing?" Sure I drink beer and even eat pizza once in a while but that doesn't make it a good thing. I have adapted to this life style and don't ever feel the need to "cheat" you may but saying to myself "AHH! I need to drink a beer or I'm gonna cheat" is simply not something built into me.
                        next time, read the WHOLE book. not just the excerpt on amazon. the staunchest of primal nazis always forget that mark has a wonderful built in 80/20 rule. so perhaps some people like to drink a beer or two a couple times each week. and you know what? BY DEFINITION, that's 100% primal. so what do you eat that isn't primal?

Comment

Please share with us the wheat content of the majority of beer styles? Oh that's right, most beer is made from barley, hops, and water. Go be an obnoxious know-it-all somewhere else.
                          __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                          Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
                          End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

Comment

Originally posted by Eureka5280 View Post
                            Please share with us the wheat content of the majority of beer styles? Oh that's right, most beer is made from barley, hops, and water. Go be an obnoxious know-it-all somewhere else.
                            cheers to that!

Comment

Haha

Comment

check out blue dog mead https://bluedogmead.com/products/
                                I got a 6 pack of the yellow collar mead for about $12 and enjoyed it. It is only water, honey, and hops. Only 2 carbs and a little over 100 calories each can. No, it doesn't taste like beer and doesn't get the foamy head like beer does, but I dig it.

Comment

Working...
                                X