Beer????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paint94979 View Post
    Due to the inflammation wheat causes in the body I have reduced my beer consumption to a few pints of Pliny the Elder a few times a month which is the 5 year running Best Beer in America.
    I would probably trade ALL my monthly beer consumption for a few pints of Pliny every month. Rarely can I get it here out East.

Comment

Originally posted by youtacolot View Post
      I would probably trade ALL my monthly beer consumption for a few pints of Pliny every month. Rarely can I get it here out East.
      Russian River Brewing is about 30 minutes from my house if you want any I have shipped bottles for friends before.

Comment

I started homebrewing this year, so I'm only three batches in. However, I really love making it. Almost more than drinking it. I have a long way to go before I hit good beer. What I have now is drinkable, but only because I know I made it!

I can't get Russian River in New Mexico either. Pliny the elder is on my list to try. I'll get a chance some day.
        Starting weight: 230 lbs
        Current weight: 190 lbs
        Goal weight: ~145 lbs

Comment

I must say there is no better alcoholic drink than a fresh Pliny

Comment

I home brewed obsessively for 5 years, built several automated systems, produced more beer than I could reasonably drink, gained 50+ pounds of useless fat and my body finally told me to shut it down. Haven't touched it in two years and don't foresee drinking anytime soon. My problem would be that I could drink one and the next week drink another and a bit more and assume that I won't gain any weight so what the heck, one a night and then I'm a fat pig again.

If you can drink a few and not be unhealthy - enjoy the privilege, have one for me!

Comment

I agree as the same thing happened to me. I went from 200 to 245 in 1.5 years? That is why I quit brewing beer, making a 10 gallon batch yields more beer than I could drink so it just sat in my keg. I limit myself to the rare RRBC visit to have a pint or 2. I do miss it

Comment

So far I have been able to limit it to my 20% and enjoy it. I only brew 5 gal batches and have some friends that enjoy the fact that I can't sell it. I'm still on the downward side with my weight and as long as I can maintain that I will most likely still enjoy beer.
                Starting weight: 230 lbs
                Current weight: 190 lbs
                Goal weight: ~145 lbs

Comment

If you can stomach beer, then go for it. Beer bloats me so I almost never drink it, also it tastes bad
                  http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

There are gluten free beers. You could try them and see if you like them. Personally, the one I tried I absolutely hated. If you drink beers every two weeks I honestly wouldn't worry about it. The fermenting helps with the gluten anyway.
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Have you considered the carbonation is what causes the bloating?

Comment

Have you considered the carbonation is what causes the bloating?
                        I can drink cider fine, so its likely the gluten in the beer that is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                          I can drink cider fine, so its likely the gluten in the beer that is problematic.
                          Just out of curiosity is the feeling of being bloated immediate or after the beer has gone through your digestive system?

Comment

Just out of curiosity is the feeling of being bloated immediate or after the beer has gone through your digestive system?
                            Its been a while since I've drunk any beer but it doesn't seem to be immediate.

Comment

beer is usually way more carbonated than cider. the amount of gluten in beer is miniscule. do you have the same response to gluten consumed in other forms?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                                There are gluten free beers. You could try them and see if you like them. Personally, the one I tried I absolutely hated. If you drink beers every two weeks I honestly wouldn't worry about it. The fermenting helps with the gluten anyway.
                                I don't know a single pub in England that sells a Gluten-free beer by the pint.
                                100% Primal if it wasn't for beer and wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X