Help me make Veal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me make Veal

I have never had veal before. I'm going to make it tonight however. The recipes out there seem to be of the breaded variety so how should I cook this? I was thinking of just frying it up with some mushrooms. Any good suggestions?

What cut of veal? Chops? Loin?

Comment

the package says veal leg cutlets. Don't know what that means though!

Comment

Think of veal cutlets like chicken breasts- they're treated about the same way in recipes.

This recipe looks like it would be simple and primal-friendly if you omit the flour, but if you follow a chicken-breast rule of thumb you should be able to do whatever you like with them.

Comment

Side note: I was told by a Natropathic Dr. that one of the worst foods to consume without it being 'organic/ all natural, etc' is Veal because of the young animal's ability to soak up all environmental toxins, so be sure that you get it from as 'primal' of a source as you can.

Aside from that, I'm jealous! Yuuuuuuummmm!

Comment

Yipes, sassafrass! My veal is not organic. Next time I buy it, it will be though. Thanks for the head's up on that one- obviously I have no clue.

Here's what I ended up doing (and it was delish):

Fried it up in 3 tbsp of butter. Removed it from the pan and sauteed a crap ton of mushrooms in the drippings. Added veal back in along with 1/2 c of chicken stock, 1/2 c of heavy cream, and green onions. Simmer for 5 minutes. It was really good but now I'm thinking about all the toxins I just ingested :-(

Comment

Working...
            X