Fluffy scrambled eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluffy scrambled eggs

I was wondering if anyone out there has found a way to make their scrambled eggs fluffy without the addition of milk, in a way that is Paleo-friendly. Made my eggs this morning without the milk and while they tasted delicious I feel like they could have been better.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by jtrain_36 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone out there has found a way to make their scrambled eggs fluffy without the addition of milk, in a way that is Paleo-friendly. Made my eggs this morning without the milk and while they tasted delicious I feel like they could have been better.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cook them in lots of bacon grease, mix often with your spatula, and don't let them get dry.

Comment

I've seen many recipes that simply call for a tablespoon of water.

Comment

Originally posted by JEL62 View Post
        I've seen many recipes that simply call for a tablespoon of water.
        +1

Also, I use my single serve blender for about 1 second per egg to aerate them before I cook them. Much longer will make the eggs tough.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Yep, the immersion blender will make them rather fluffy.

Comment

heavy cream is acceptable in primal if you can tolerate it, and works wonderfully to make scrambled eggs.

Comment

This. Add cheese as well if you can. My eggs have always been dry and this makes them very yummy

Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
              heavy cream is acceptable in primal if you can tolerate it, and works wonderfully to make scrambled eggs.
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Just a second with an immersion blender... or whisk them really well, which is like a little workout for your arm (make sure you swap hands and do both sides!)

The real secret to fluffy... after you put that air in them DON'T overcook them!
                Overcooking is death to scrambled eggs... it makes them sad and awful.
                You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Pan temp makes a difference also. I just use a splash of water, whisk a little with a fork, and put in a med-low heat. Hot pan turns them to rubber..

Comment

Add cream and butter.
                    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I'm avoiding all dairy as it tends not to agree with me, however it is very possible that I overcooked the eggs at first as they started to form up almost like an omelette would

Comment

Originally posted by jtrain_36 View Post
                        I'm avoiding all dairy as it tends not to agree with me, however it is very possible that I overcooked the eggs at first as they started to form up almost like an omelette would
                        Coconut cream also works for a non-dairy alternative.

Comment

Remember that the "scrambling" of the eggs gets done in the bowl, not the pan. Give the eggs a good scramble beforehand, then cook over medium heat, only lifting/stirring lightly with the spatula to ensure even cooking. They will be fluffy and velvety!

Comment

I also cook my eggs in bacon grease and use a small amount of cream as well. But, I think whisking the eggs enough, to incorporate air into the eggs, is the biggest factor. I whisk them for about 30 seconds and while whisking, I'm careful to bring the whisk out of the mixture and right back in to incorporate enough air into the eggs.

I hope that helps

Comment

I whisk in a healthy dose of coconut milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X