Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What filters / purification / distillers / alkiners for the best water?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What filters / purification / distillers / alkiners for the best water?

Hey,

I want t o stop drinking bottled water. I want to filter it or use any of the other options in my subject line. Wondered your thoughts on the best option and any equipment I should buy.

Thanks,

Steve

There are two main options. Reverse osmosis and distillation. Both remove like 95+% of everything in water.

I think reverse osmosis is the more viable option for someone who just wants to filter one source of water for drinking. I bought a nice unit from freedrinkingwater.com, its around $350 and can be inserted under the sink with very minir installation. I highly recommend it.

Comment

This tor the best water: FindaSpring.com – Online Spring Database
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I use a distiller that I got from waterwise. I like it, the family likes the taste (or lack of funny tasting water). I can make up to 6 gallons a day. I also have filters from waterwise for the showers.
        I would have loved to have a whole house filter of some sort but I live in a nearly 100 yr old farm house and that just wasn't gonna happen.
        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

We use a PUR water filter unit with replaceable filters that attaches to the faucet. Filter replacements last us about 1 1/2 months. They filter all the bad stuff out and our water tastes so much better. We've used these for about 5 years or more and could not live without. Not expensive, and quite convenient compared to installing a more complex system like reverse osmosis. Unless you're trying to filter the entire house...

Comment

I have a Zero filter.

According to their website, if the water measures 000 it means that it has also removed flouride, as that is a particulate.

Buy it BB&B with 20% off coupons and it's the same price as the other filter systems.

I am not a homeowner, btw, so that limited the options.

Comment

Working...
            X