Holiday weight gain? Where U go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday weight gain? Where U go?

I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!
    I ate horribly and DID gain.

But a two day fast plus a couple of days back on my IF + one VERY large meal a day and you barely knew!
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Nice.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I made some not too good choices, mostly Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles and didn't limit my calories at all, all last week. I too felt bloated and bigger somehow. So on the 26th went VLC for a few days with only salad greens for carbs and back to my usual exercise routine.
        Now I'm back to my pre-holiday shape and my appetite is considerably lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
          Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles
          Don't those have gluten? I think I almost got sucked into one of those things but there was an ingredient that stopped me.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I lost over Thanksgiving, I lost over Christmas- I gained a lb on New Years Eve (alcohol carbs...). It'll drop off soon.
            High Weight: 225
            Weight at start of Primal: 189
            Current Weight: 174
            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

I ate like a pig for 2 days. Cookies, candy, pie, noodles the whole thing. Put on a few pounds but it is all gone now plus another pound on top of it. No big deal to me, it's a journey not a sprint for me.

Comment

i just destroyed myself. i had 12 days of vacation and ate a ton of non-primal food every single day. at first it was just to celebrate the holidays...then it became an experiment of sorts. i wanted to see what it would take for me to put on some noticeable fat (plus it's not like i was all that lean to begin with). well, i gained some fat for sure. now, i get to play around with how my body loses fat. also, i have a theory that i'm going to bust through any plateaus i had before the holidays.

here are a few things i learned:
                i can stupidly, blindly eat whatever and however much i want for two weeks and still fit into my clothes...although they're tighter
                i have no food intolerances, but could have some acid reflux issues to keep an eye on
                no SAD food tastes as good as most primal foods
                eating/moving primally keeps me from getting sick
                it would be remarkably easy to stay primal during the holidays.
                gaining fat quickly sucks
                prediction: i will lose fat quicker and easier than i gained it.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I either went for pleasant hikes or I sat out in the sun all day reading. I ate whatever I wanted, all primal with the exception of chocolate and champagne. I probably gained some weight, of course. I'm no Knifegill.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I splurged on latkes, yummy cranberry cheese & crackers, and a small piece of this aMAZing gluten-free chocolate cake someone had made. Only sugar I've had in a year. So, one night of highly enjoyable food debauchery. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post

here are a few things i learned:
                      i can stupidly, blindly eat whatever and however much i want for two weeks and still fit into my clothes...although they're tighter
                      i have no food intolerances, but could have some acid reflux issues to keep an eye on
                      no SAD food tastes as good as most primal foods
                      eating/moving primally keeps me from getting sick
                      it would be remarkably easy to stay primal during the holidays.
                      gaining fat quickly sucks
                      prediction: i will lose fat quicker and easier than i gained it.
                      i did the same thing, i am back eating primal and feeling great just after 5 days. . .and it is nice to see the fat leaving already!

Comment

I gained about 6 lbs (since Thanksgiving) by eating whatever I wanted which included too many cookies, eggnog and other crap. I imagine that plenty of it is water.
                        Started a Whole 30 today.

On the upside.... I made myself sick of sugar. Oh, and eating gluten= back pain for me.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

From Thanksgiving to this morning, I gained a pound. Fortunately, sweet toothery isn't my downfall - but I did overindulge on cheeses and firewater. Still and all, there have been holiday seasons where I gained 7 or 8 pounds, so I'm a happy camper.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I maintained; didn't eat one bite of grains the whole month. Sooooo boring, but I have other goals, not just weight stuff......

Comment

I actually lost weight and am closer to 100 now. Need to gain a couple. All my get togethers for the holiday took place at sushi restaurants where all my friends and I had tiny bits of fish.
                              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Working...
                              X