Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krill oil supplement recommendations + is it better than cod liver oil.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krill oil supplement recommendations + is it better than cod liver oil.?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking bout changing from taking cod liver oil to krill oil. Thoughts and recommendations for the best supplement please.

Steve.

Does krill have A and D and all the other goodies? I'd say fermented cod liver oil wins....

Comment

I already take a lot of vid d. I'm looking for omega 3 and the anti-inflammatory effects

Comment

I haven't seen any evidence that Krill oil is superior, apart from marketing talk: "Krill oil is 30 times more potent!".
        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Does krill have A and D and all the other goodies? I'd say fermented cod liver oil wins....
          Green Pasture's Blue Ice Royal is a combination of 1 part X-Factor High Vitamin Oil to 2 parts Fermented Cod Liver Oil.

Comment

Originally posted by kot View Post
            Green Pasture's Blue Ice Royal is a combination of 1 part X-Factor High Vitamin Oil to 2 parts Fermented Cod Liver Oil.
            Yeah, I got the "chocolate cream" variety of this coming in a couple days. You know...for the cocoa benefits

Comment

Nope, don't take cod liver oil:
              Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may be dangerous to your health

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                I'm so glad to see you jumped on the Peat bandwaggon. It truly helps to affirm all that I thought I knew.

I mean lets face it...any society that shuns sugar and eats lots of seafood is in horrible health based on all the data I've seen
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-02-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  I'm so glad to see you jumped on the Peat bandwaggon. It truly helps to affirm all that I thought I knew.

I mean lets face it...any society that shuns sugar and eats lots of seafood is in horrible health based on all the data I've seen
                  Dude, I read that if you eat white sugar it will make your teeth stronger and your metabolism will blow the shit up and you will grow hair like a freakin' MINK. Danny Stonepeat said so.

Comment

I did a lot of reading and research and decided against taking any fish oil or krill oil due to the fact that most are rancid by the time you take them.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                      Dude, I read that if you eat white sugar it will make your teeth stronger and your metabolism will blow the shit up and you will grow hair like a freakin' MINK. Danny Stonepeat said so.
                      i'm STILL waiting for zach to advise me on how much sugar to eat since excess carbs of any sort make my pcos rage out of control

OP i've taken krill oil, i've taken cod liver oil out of a brown glass bottle. i would buy the fermented oils but the prices i saw make me shit a kitten

..which is uncomfortable. tiny claws, and all

and i never really noticed a difference out of anything i've taken. i sporadically eat fish so i've decided to go back to cod liver oil for the A
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Just found this The Great Fish Oil Experiment article. It has me seriously thinking about stopping taking any form of fish oil supplement and just sticking to the real thing like a nice piece of salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
                          Just found this The Great Fish Oil Experiment article. It has me seriously thinking about stopping taking any form of fish oil supplement and just sticking to the real thing like a nice piece of salmon.
                          Got a two line summary of the article?

Comment

summary:

Supplementing with omega3 is mostly researched by, an promoted by, the makers of the supplements (like HFCS/corn/sugar...).
                            When animals are fed fish oil and then exposed to bacteria, their immunosuppressed thymic (T) cells cause them to succumb to the infection more easily than animals fed coconut oil or a fat free diet. Natural killer cells, which eliminate cancer cells and virus infected cells, are decreased after eating fish oil, and T suppressor cells are often increased.

Bit more from first part:
                            During the recent years in which the U.S. government has gone from warning against the consumption of too much of these omega-3 oils ("to assure that the combined daily intake of two fatty acids that are components" "(i.e., eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)) would not exceed 3 grams per person per day (g/p/d)") to sponsoring biased industry claims, there has been considerable accumulation of information about the dangers of fish oils and omega-3 fatty acids. But there has been an even greater increase in the industry's promotional activities.

In declaring EPA and DHA to be safe, the FDA neglected to evaluate their antithyroid, immunosuppressive, lipid peroxidative (Song et al., 2000), light sensitizing, and antimitochondrial effects, their depression of glucose oxidation (Delarue et al., 2003), and their contribution to metastatic cancer (Klieveri, et al., 2000), lipofuscinosis and liver damage, among other problems.

Comment

The bottom line would be reduce your O6 load so that you don't have to take large doses of O3 to balance it. Like a lot of things just cause some of it is good doesn't mean "more is better". FCLO isn't a freakishly high dose of O3, but it does have some and contain A, D along with K if you get the royal blend. So I'd say its great for your fat soluble vitamins.

Since the ray peat article has hit the stage again have an evolutionary view of your brain: There's Something Fishy About Human Brain Evolution

Comment

Working...
                              X