Does fasting cause more weight gain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillykid View Post
    You think it's better to skip breakfast?
    Nah, I've no real opinion on that one way or the other. If you want breakfast, eat it. No reason not to.

However, using my above logic, the statement that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" takes on a completely new meaning doesn't it? I've never subscribed to the CW wisdom that people NEED to eat breakfast daily or else their metabolism will slow, they'll have no energy, ect. Bull!
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

You might be interested in reading this article by Ori Hofmekler who has been eating one meal a day for YEARS now.

I'm not trying to sell you on that if it's not for you, but at least you'll have some great information on why you shouldn't be worried about meal timing.

Take a read: The Intermittent Fasting Dilemma
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Ok thanks i'll take a look. Well I tried skipping breakfast yesterday and just had black coffee. It wasn't bad actually. I think i'm so used to eating breakfast because of the whole metabolism thing, tomorrow i'll skip breakfast again

Comment

That link was interesting, im going to try skipping breakfast and lunch and eat a huge dinner. I can be burning fat in the daytime while fasting. Is that what he's encouraging? Although he did say one meal a day is fine, but dinner being the only meal is even better

Comment

He does encourage just that.

He mostly recommends night time eating because it primes the body for a good night's sleep by sending signals saying "hey, it's relaxing time now" which causes your body to realize the sleep period must be coming soon.

Comment

I wish i read that link 2 days ago, i could've probably leaned out a significant amount more by tomorrow. The event i'm going to is saturday. I'll do the dinner thing tomorrow, i already ate today so i might as well fast until tomorrow

Comment

I wish i read that link 2 days ago, i could've probably leaned out a significant amount more by tomorrow. The event i'm going to is saturday. I'll do the dinner thing tomorrow, i already ate today so i might as well fast until tomorrow
                Heh. Well, as Ori points out, there are a TON of IF protocols out there. He believes his to be the best one, but I say experiment. Find out which one seems to have the best results for YOU. What works for one doesn't always work for another.

Comment

Yea thanks for that link though, everything he and mark makes sense. Except i like how Ori was a little more specific

Comment

Yea thanks for that link though, everything he and mark makes sense. Except i like how Ori was a little more specific
                    Well, Ori DID write an entire book on the subject called "The Warrior Diet." I couldn't get very far when I tried to read it though. It was a little hero-worshiping if you will.

This article by him is MUCH better at explaining the science behind it and serves as a short enough and practical guide to the IF plan he is proposing. You don't need an entire book to get the point of the plan.

His idea is good, his writting in "The Warrior Diet," not so much.

Comment

No fasting do not cause more weight gain in fact during fasting period we loss weight But fasting for long period will start making you weak But as soon as you leave fasting you will start gaining weight again you have to control your diet for healthy and sound health

Learn More
                      Last edited by devan; 11-25-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

So basically eat my normal meals and not binge eat in order to not gain weight? I had coffee for breakfast and it's lunchtime and i'm not even hungry. I actually like this one meal dinner fast better. I thought i was going to feel tired/hungry

Comment

Eat this, but don't eat that. Make sure not to eat these after 6pm. Eating too much of this will cause an insulin spike, which will make you fat. Eating these combined with those is what really causes plaque in the arteries.

Comment

Eating too much of what? You mean junk?

Comment

I am being sarcastic. There are all of these various opinions of what to eat and not eat, and it's funny. You will really have to experiment for yourself in order to know what works. These forums can be very confusing.

Comment

Oh haha, yea well i pretty know which foods to eat that are primal. I just wanted to try IF, but was worried about my weight coming back 2x.

Comment

Working...
                                X