Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximum effective dose/ serving of protien?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum effective dose/ serving of protien?

Been off the program for about a year and a half and feel like crap. Ready to get going again. Here is my question. I am 40 yrs old, 6'2 300 lbs. Naturally a big guy, 40 in waist with the top of each thigh 30 in with little fat on them. Just wanted to state that so you know I am not sloppy How much protein should I be taking in at a single serving and what does it look like? One pork chop, one chicken breast, how many eggs etc? I really appreciate any help- George
    Modern Combative Systems Blog

Anywhere between 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of LEAN bodymass (nobody has 0% bodyfat) is good for maitinance. You might want a little more on days where you lift heavy. That's about the closest recommendation anyone can give without doing some tests on you to determine bodyfat percentage, and based on your lifting goals/current load.

But it serves people pretty damn well, even as simple and generalized as it is. So don't worry much beyond that unless weight stalls and gains at the gym stop.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
    X