Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live in Afghanistan, currently in Malaysia. What to bulk up on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live in Afghanistan, currently in Malaysia. What to bulk up on?

I'll keep this short! I'm in Malaysia, land of palm oil, coconut oil, etc.... I live and work in Kabul, Afghanistan. Good fats are hard to come by. Other than coconut and red palm oil. What else should I bulk up on to take back?

Do you have access to goat products in Kabul? That's a source to keep in mind when you get home.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

afsjesse,

If you like to bake, you should bring back a bag of coconut flour and almond flour. Finest used to have those small bags of almond flour but I haven't seen them in months Also the coconut flours I've seen always have a bunch of other ingredients so I avoid them. Also real vanilla. Gah I hate those disgusting pakistani vanillas. I've used them a few times out of desperation and have regretted it each time. I would also consider bringing a small bag of palm sugar.

Other than that I would bring nice spices such as thyme because the spices here tend to be low quality. Oh and maybe some unsweetened coconut meat/concentrate. You can do so much with it!

I take it you are not at a camp but at a villa in which you have access to your own kitchen?

Comment

Jesse, if you have someone back in the states who can send you mail, I would suggest asking them to send you cans of coconut milk. My wife sends some to me every week out here and I use it to make protein shakes and in my coffee.

Josh
        My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

Working...
        X