Bizarre Diets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    Or you could eat nothing but potatoes for two weeks. Just sayin'....................
    careful, all-meats
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
      Found these two genius diets via the web. Yes, they're real.

Pretend to Eat Food
      Now this diet is just silly. Remember when you were a child. Maybe your sister had a little tea set and you would happily eat pretend food and drink pretend tea along with her. Well, the “Air Diet” could almost be considered the grown up version of this childhood game. Pretend eaters actually cook a meal for themselves, take spoonfuls of REAL food, bring them to their mouths, and put the food back in their plates. They claim that by pretending to eat real food, they feel full and satisfied. If you do feel a little peckish in between “pretend meals”, fear not! You can snack on the recommended “water soup” which is nothing more than a bowl of water and salt...satisfying!
      The funny thing is that this was what I did on Christmas Day. Kinda

We had 25 people coming over for lunch, so I had this massive ham out of the oven carving it up. The outer layer was literally a inch thick of crackling/fat. So I ate about 1/4 of the 'skin' while carving it up, then was completely full while everyone else was eating.

Luckily I could look after my son during the meal and nobody noticed.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
        The funny thing is that this was what I did on Christmas Day. Kinda

We had 25 people coming over for lunch, so I had this massive ham out of the oven carving it up. The outer layer was literally a inch thick of crackling/fat. So I ate about 1/4 of the 'skin' while carving it up, then was completely full while everyone else was eating.

Luckily I could look after my son during the meal and nobody noticed.
        Except these people don't eat before the meal, they just don't eat period. Although that's not what I find weird about it. Fasting, right? What gets me is they actually make a full meal only to not eat a bite and throw it all away. Seems like a waste.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          careful, all-meats
          Fear not. I have not gone off into totally carnivorous ZC land. My diet is meat-centric but with some vegetation around the edges.

Comment

you still tread the edges of the land of Woo :P
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Cold potatoes all day are well into that land... and gross to boot!
              If I added half a grapefruit before cold potatoes for breakfast and lunch it could be certifiable, OR it could cause even faster miraculous weightloss!

Also... keto for medical neurological reasons is not Woo, it's science prescribed by a doctor. Of course around here that is shaky ground too.
              Last edited by cori93437; 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

go out and ask the average joe what heshe thinks about a mostly meat diet and heshe will clutch their bread to their chest and scream WOOO!! while pointing

i think it's a valid diet, it works for her, the pcos lady who went all meat and organ has it working for her, and i'm okay with that

i'll probably have to do it too, because i know/believe it will help

i just like nuisance-ly pointing out one woo while they're pointing out another
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

I once new a guy who would not eat any food that ever contained a seed...

I'm not kidding.
                  I often asked about random foods... and then called him a freak to his face.
                  And then I pointed out his terrible inconsistency since bread is basically MADE from freaking seeds!

That dude pretty much tops my weird diet list.
                  Last edited by cori93437; 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

There is always the wonderful "diet" suggested by a nutritionist I paid to see years ago:

I love butter, but she insisted that it was too fatty and TERRIBLE FOR ME so I should eat margarine instead.
                    My lunch meals (and dinners) should be Lean Cuisines and diet sodas since those are portion controlled and low sugar.

The kicker: She cussed me out and accused me of not following her plan since I didn't lose an ounce following her plan.

So glad I have progressed away from that madness.

Comment

People who intentionally eat threadworms to lose weight..does that count as a diet?

If so, that has my vote.
                      Last edited by Danielfire; 01-03-2013, 04:44 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        Found these two genius diets via the web. Yes, they're real.

Pretend to Eat Food
                        Now this diet is just silly. Remember when you were a child. Maybe your sister had a little tea set and you would happily eat pretend food and drink pretend tea along with her. Well, the “Air Diet” could almost be considered the grown up version of this childhood game. Pretend eaters actually cook a meal for themselves, take spoonfuls of REAL food, bring them to their mouths, and put the food back in their plates. They claim that by pretending to eat real food, they feel full and satisfied. If you do feel a little peckish in between “pretend meals”, fear not! You can snack on the recommended “water soup” which is nothing more than a bowl of water and salt...satisfying!

Stuff yourself with cotton balls to feel stuffed
                        If you ever wondered what it’s like to feel like a stuffed animal, then this is the diet for you. Popular among models, this diet consists of ingesting cotton balls in order to feel full and satisfied. The only problem is cotton is not meant to be digested by the human body and it can leave you feeling ill for quite some time. It’s always a good idea to add more fiber to your diet, but you might want to try eating more whole grains before turning to cotton balls.
                        I'm glad to hear that cotton balls are at least sorta kinda edible. After I saw Elf I thought "wow how many kids are going to die from eating cotton balls now!"

Comment

My dad used to do a diet that included running 6 minute miles and eating a whole box of prunes.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Yeah I bet he had the runs on that diet. Hayoh. Badump-tshh.
                            carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                              Yeah I bet he had the runs on that diet. Hayoh. Badump-tshh.
                              I was just trying to figure out how he made it 6 miles without stopping...
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

There's that one where you eat all that SATURATED FAT and forsake your heart healthy whole grains...

I KEED, I KEED!

The diet where you drink 1/2 cup of expensive, CLA-enriched safflower oil everyday to "burn fat" and curb your appetite sounds like a real loser.
                                “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X