No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh golly, that's bad luck with your car. Go stand on a corner with a sign that says you're hungry. You'll have a flat screen in no time flat!

Funny about Renee and Tom. Our Julia knows how to turn a phrase alright!

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
      Oh golly, that's bad luck with your car. Go stand on a corner with a sign that says you're hungry. You'll have a flat screen in no time flat!

Funny about Renee and Tom. Our Julia knows how to turn a phrase alright!
      Yes the challenges of owning a 1998 car. At least the big stuff will be out of the way. I drove a 1979 BMW for two years before I bought my Forester so it seems like a modern miracle to me.

I was feeling sorry for myself so I walked next door to Albertsons and bought a pint of B&J. I havent foraged for late night food in a very long time. Typically, I would have eaten 3/4 of the pint, woken up this morning and thrown the rest away. I had two bites last night and didn't want any more. AS strikes again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• OG, how the heck do you know what my son looks like? He is rather cute though. Takes after his papa.

I drive a 2001 car. Since I walk to work, to Pilates, to the farmers market, trader joes and whole foods, I don't have to drive much.

It was a date. Dinner was sensational. Had my first glass of wine since May 1. Ate small portions, even enjoyed a bit of very dark chocolate pot de Creme. All good. Knew I was going zeroish carb as required by drill sergeant jooolia this morning. Decided the one small slice of outrageous good thin crust pizza must be banished from fridge at 3am. Maybe the carbs helped me sleep from 4 to 9 even with the geese pitching a racquet outdoors.

Not much to meal planning today.
        1. Coconut oil
        2. Meat
        3. Meat
        4. Meat

Gotta make a run to the meat market after I've had sufficient decaf to fuel me. Up 4 ounces from dinner's delights last night. Good news is that the bit of dairy I ate (very little cheese as the pizza was focused on gypsy peppers and housemade sausage) didn't effect me. The pork meatball may have had a touch of dairy as well. The only effects I'm feeling are lack of sleep.

What are you all cooking up this week? I'm thinking chicken livers, chicken wings, salmon, some hamburger concoction that's quick and easy to eat. And maybe some lambchops.

Comment

• Calee, you posted a picture of him on the other forum. I think we were all posting family pics.

Dinner sounds fun and delish.

I have 4 lbs of gf ground beef I need to make into patties and freeze. I love bunless burgers. Bobby Flay made burgers topped with homemade pimento cheese, bacon, grilled onions and sliced tomatoes. Dairy has been slowly creeping back into my diet. I think I'll walk across the street to the shi shi store and pick up raw chedder and a few slices of bacon.

I need to make mayo and ghee. Bone broth needs to happen today too. I'm about to roast off a bunch of chicken wings and beef marrow bones. DD came over yesterday and swiped the last of my broth.

Renée was saying she loves eating roasted chicken necks rather than using them for bb. Dying to try one. I figured they'd be boney but she said they aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
            Janie..where are you??

I'm still here! Out of town family visiting and lots of get togethers, restaurant meals, etc. Too much wine, wheat and sugar. Also dropped out my shots. Oh my. Felt terrible as a result, but didn't gain. Got back to my oil shots today. Back to normal completely by Monday when visitors have headed home.

Thanks for missing me!
            Starting Weight: 197.5
            Current Weight: 123
            Far healthier!

Comment

• Glad you are still around Janie. Enjoy your weekend with your friends.

Comment

• Has everyone noticed how cute firemen are when they grocery shop? I think they are especially attractive when standing in front of the ice cream in a pack.

Comment

• LOL. There is still a six year old quality to men drooling over ice cream.
                  Starting Weight: 197.5
                  Current Weight: 123
                  Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                    LOL. There is still a six year old quality to men drooling over ice cream.
                    Yes..they looked sexy and kid like at the same time. I wish I had snapped a photo but I was afraid I would get caught.

Comment

• Yay! Janie is back! Glad you're feeling back on track. Have fun this weekend!

OG, I think Firemen are HOT! Hot and ice cream? Perfection. Your cook up sounds great. I'm making Togo wings right now. Also got some GF hamburger. I like topping a salad with 1/2 cup of the beef. I looked at chicken necks at the market. Dang but I should have bought some. They have good air dried at the market.

Question about the Togo recipe. It says mix all together and marinate but it just clumps up. I have no grill so just oven baking them. Hope they crisp up.

It's 4 pm. I've had decaf, 8 Mac nuts, 1 coco shot. I also took 3 T of coco oil, 1 T dragoba cocoa and shredded coconut. Melted it, then Put them into silicone cups. Made 4 of them. Ate 1/2 of one. Will definitely tuck into the wings when they come out of the oven.

Comment

• Calee, my marinade clumped a little too but it still spread over the chickens. Baking it in the oven will be perfectly okay. Make sure you cook the onions too. I think they were my favorite part. Need to get more RPO.

About to broil the red bell pepper for the pimento cheese. I made mayo just because I needed it for the cheese. :0)

Comment

• Tonights dinner. Portabello shroom with burger patty, grilled vidalia onions, homemade pimento cheese (I grilled and peeled a red bell pepper and made mayo for the cheese), and guac. Oh my was it ever good. Kale salad on the side.

Comment

• please may I come to dinner? That burger looks incredible! Much better than my wings. I snacked some on 10 Mac nuts and some lettuce. I forgot I could do an oil shot. Dang! I just did my second of the day. Neither was a full shot today. Trying to get my system adjusted to coco oil.

Comment

• A special thank you to our Julia for reminding me that zero carb or close will help with airplane/hotel/stooped crap eating. I'm just about where I was last Sunday when I left for San Diego but that's the outer reach of my comfort zone. At least on vacation we walk 10-15 miles a day and my son is a very consistent eater. No junk, caffeine, alcohol, sugar overdosing or excessive flour. He is normal weight, 5'10" and generally 155-160 depending on where he is in the season/school semester/film shoots. Exercises daily if not at the gym, yoga a t home. His preference is three big salads daily. So I should be able to maintain some good eating habits.

My lowest set point since 1974 has been 143. I never saw that again between 1974 and 2012, then finally got back there. Set has been 144-146 this year. This morning 145.8. I wonder can I get below 143 before I leave on vacation?

I've had a week off from my Pilates reformer classes. I'm signed up for 4 days this week. Going for a walk in the woods with a girlfriend this morning.

I'm going to continue with primarily meat and oil this week with a green salad at lunch topped with GF ground beef. I looked at cheese at the market yesterday but decided to hold off. what I really wanted was cherries but I knew that was the stooped shit calling my name. I don't appear to be able to indulge that sweet party in my mouth and drop pounds.

What's on the plan for today? After my morning walk, I'm off to play with a girlfriend. Don't know what we're doing but it's always fun. OG, I still want to come over for one of those burgers please!

Comment

• Calee, I do better on a lowish carb program when I want to drop a few. That and regular oil shots=magic.

I was not good about oil yesterday. In fact..did I have any? I may not have. Today I will have 3 servings of 1/2 TBS each.

Here is my breakfast when I ignore my oil.

A bit of an overkill. Pretty much a duplicate of last night's dinner plus an egg. Blurgh

Plan is to skip lunch. Maybe some bone broth instead. I have some percolating out on my deck that is ready any time I feel like dealing with it. I am craving raw sushi grade tuna, so I think I will make a poke salad for dinner.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X