Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not at all.

Honestly, I think it's the new set point that's doing it AND LadyTime just ended.

I think now that I'm down within 7lbs of my goal weight, I'm stupidly testing myself
    to see if I *will* gain weight eating Stupid Shit.... so I pulled out allll the stops and didn't
    have any oil those days (I think it was more like a week rather than 2 or 3 days) anyway.

So, back on the wagon today.

Just boiled up 18 eggs and I'm now marinating steak and chicken for shishkabobs.

Chicken wings are on the menu tonight for dinner.

Eating Stupid Shit tastes good going down, but makes me feel slothful and, well, stupid,
    so I gotsta stop.

My knee feels 95% better (for now) too, which hopefully means I can freaking start WALKING AGAIN.

So depressing when I can't get out there and MOVE. I am seriously addicted to my 10 miles a day,
    no matter how you slice them.

Julia

Comment

• I agree with Julia. The MTC seems to immediately curb the cravings. As in the minute I swallow it. I do seem to feel emptier as I do believe my setpoint is lower now. There is something in the book about that.

I had a stupid shit test myself episode in the middle of the night last night. I knew about a double chocolate magnum bar hiding in my freezer. Last night the stupid shit dragon reared it's ugly head and shoved it in my mouth. It was so good until it was gone. Then it was just stupid shit again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
        Lee,

I still can't believe that MY set point changed...

I swear I've been eating a TON of Stupid Shit in mass quantities, and usually
        that would bump me right back up to 127 - 130, but no, here I sit at 122.

And not broken hearted about it one bit... but still amazed to say the least.

Okay, now back to SLD - I'm probably going to start boring you all with my meals for
        the day in this thread. I just HAVE to stop eating Stupid Shit, and I think the only way
        to do that, is to write it all down HERE.

Okie dokie, back to SLD and lower carb for me today.

I WILL NOT EAT STUPID SHIT

rinse, wash, repeat...

Julia
        Joooolia, quit eating stoopid junk. You know how good you can feel. I just finished a Whole75. Accountability kept me on track. It's an amazing tool. Post your boring meals girl. We'll read and you can feel virtuous.

You give me hope that in my fluffy state I might be able to lower my set point too! If you can lower your skinny self set point, I have hope! I started PB on January 1st and couldn't budge the scale. I got militant with Whole Whatever on May 1st and I'm down
        8 pounds. I'm at my lowest set point since 1974 so this might take some serious work.

That glug of oil at 7:30 kept me uninterested in food until I went to the market and was sampling cherries around 12.30. Still don't want lunch so sipping tea.its a kinda low energy day for me.

I don't care here we post but I'm ready to jump into the fun. Leaving for two weeks in Europe 1 month from today. Would love to defluff.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
          Calee (is this W30 Calee?), I was using Red Palm oil but even with holding my nose, I could taste it. Plus I have discovered the beauty of cooking with it. I took a spoonful of liquid CO (97% MCT) and spent the day in the bathroom. I blamed it on something I ate but the same thing happened when I got my MTC oil. It's something to do with needing different enzymes to digest it. After 2 days of misery, it went away. I still have a random bubbly stomach day. You can use most any oil though. Tasteless is better.

If you guys want to start a new thread that is fine and dandy with me. If you want to stay here, that is fine too.

Julia goolia..dont eat stupid shit.

My friend Derval from Whole 30 is checking us out so we may have another family member. She's a hoot.

Oceangirl, that's me from over yonder. Are you over there? Do I know you? That would be great if Derval came over to play!

I can't believe I bought a quart of MCT. I guess it's instant relief from constipation. The Avocado oil is tasteless and goes down easy.

I went to the market for Palm Oil. Do you think it would be good on zoodles, or do I need to put it on meat?

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
            Oceangirl, that's me from over yonder. Are you over there? Do I know you? That would be great if Derval came over to play!

I can't believe I bought a quart of MCT. I guess it's instant relief from constipation. The Avocado oil is tasteless and goes down easy.

I went to the market for Palm Oil. Do you think it would be good on zoodles, or do I need to put it on meat?
            Yes I was a fixture over there. I have been there for about a year and have done 6 W somethings. Last one was a W100. :0) Took a little break from that forum. KB and I started the Komboocha thread. I was slw600. Derv is going to check this out. You know how she is struggling with those 5-7 lbs? I think SLD was written for her.

The only thing I made with the RPO is Togo chicken. Google it. So good. I think Togo Chicken Red Palm oil brings it right up. I have read it is a great thing to cook potatoes in. Not sure about the zoodles..maybe RPO and ghee with garlic? I want to try it now.

Comment

• So I just threw back my first tablespoon for Bertolino extra light tasting olive oil...so I'm in. I just got back from vacation and I'm dreading what the scale will say in the morning even though I ate 95% primal and I think maintained my state of ketosis, but we shall see. I also attempted to detox from caffeine (coffee) this vacation and have a killer headache right now.

Anyway, my plan for the next month is to do a whole 30 (the only change I have to make is to give up cream, lindt 90% and butter - everything else I'm there), no coffee or caffeine (because even though I can drink espresso, lately coffee has been a vehicle for heavy cream), and oil shots 2x a day - going to experiment with early morning and after dinner.

I'm also going to track my weight, calories, AM ketones and fasting am blood glucose. My goals are to go back to my pre-primal weight which means I need to lose (5-7lbs - hopefully not more depending on how much vacation did me in), maintain ketone levels of 2.0 or higher (I feel amazing in ketosis), get my FBG levels <90, and walk 1-1.5 miles daily, lift weights 2x/week and play tennis whenever I can find a partner.

Thanks in advance for your support/advice...I read through this entire thread on vacation and hope it works for me...I'd love to get the AS and get back in control and back to IFing ...ketosis helped a bit but I still have a good day followed by couple days of uncontrolled eating...atleast it is all primal as I have no desire for carbs, sugar or any processed food...I can binge quite nicely on pats of GF butter, heavy cream, cheese, meat, nuts, dark chocolate lol

So here I go...wish me luck.

PS: As I finish this I feel slightly queasy from the oil...normal?

Comment

• Welcome Aprimalmomma. First..the queasy thing. I have not experienced this. Tummy troubles...yes. Queasy to me means nautious. Maybe it's just rich so it feels over the top for your stomach?

I am a W30 purist so forgive me if I sound snarky or judgemental. You arent doing a W30 if you are weighing or tracking macros, measuring ketones or doing IF. If you are doing this because of specific health issues, then ignore me. No big deal..you are eating W30 way and incorporating SLD into it. I am all for it. :0)

Last edited by oceangrl; 07-27-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• The whole listen to your body stop when your full stuff is what caused me to gain back the weight when i went primal. I'm tracking all this to try and figure out what works for me and isolate what foods might prompt overeating, gain, loss, gi symptoms etc. When i say whole30...i mean foods only...tying to clean up last part of my diet (dairy, caffeine, nuts) to see what can come back and what should stay out.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Great to see the thread so busy. I want to say a big thank you to Heatseeker for her original post. I was definitely skeptical at first, but your post was so honest and sincere in speaking of your experience with SLD that I was interested enough to follow the thread and then buy the book. Even though I had lost a substantial amount of weight, my body seemed dedicated to a higher setpoint (somewhere b/t 126-128). It would take weeks and weeks to get back to my lowest point of 123, but that was accompanied by a good deal of hunger and a quick bounce back to the setpoint.

Right now, I'm down to 124 for a loss of 3-1/2 lbs in a bit over 2 weeks (fast for me!)---- but the excellent part is that I have not been suffering with hunger as I did before. My setpoint goal is 119, and I expect it may take some time to get there, but to do so without terrible hunger is wonderful. Thanks, Heatseeker!
                    Starting Weight: 197.5
                    Current Weight: 123
                    Far healthier!

Comment

• Janie, I agree. Thank you heatseeker.

I just went back to the beginning to read early posts. I found it amusing that some posters said "no way..I like good tasting food too much" as if we stop eating good foods. I have found that because I eat less, I appreciate it all that much more.

I think it was Morax who posted and brought SLD to my attention. A big thanks to him as well.

Comment

• I agree completely, oceangirl. I find that I savor foods more, though I am eating far less. And I haven't given up any foods either.
                        Starting Weight: 197.5
                        Current Weight: 123
                        Far healthier!

Comment

Janie, I think my night shot is my favorite. I feel all cravings of cake and ice cream dissolve and when I wake up in the morning, food doesn't enter my mind.

I think I will add a night shot today. I have never taken a shot other than in the morning. After my terrible reactions to MCT I scared myself out of a 2nd shot of the day, but avocado is working well for me.

Comment

• Calee do you plug your nose so you dont taste the avo oil?

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                              I agree completely, oceangirl. I find that I savor foods more, though I am eating far less. And I haven't given up any foods either.
                              Janie, so true. In fact..I added Kerrygold cheddar cheese. Cheese used to be a food with no brakes. Now it is just cheese. Turns out it makes me itch so out it goes but not because of cravings.

Comment

Calee do you plug your nose so you dont taste the avo oil?

Yes I plug my nose but just barely. I don't really get any sense of taste or smell from the avocado oil. It's very bland and mild.

This morning is my first experiment with a 2T dose. I'm curious to see what it does to my appetite.

How much oil are you doing in a day?

I haven't tried cheese since May 1st. I was eating only KG cheddar or goat cheese. I want to reintro dairy, just to see how I do but I will do it in a restaurant to at Whole Foods salad bar so that I don't have to buy a chunk of cheese. I want to just know tht I'm ok if I'm out and choose to eat some. I was vegan for 9 years at one stretch and doing a reinto of dairy was a disaster for several years. Then my body to used to it. Probably wasnt a good idea to force it, eh?

Joooolia, where have you gone off to?

And yes, let me add my thanks to heatseeker. In reading back I see that I had some funny idea in January that I could do this with coconut butter. Silly girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X