No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janie, I think my night shot is my favorite. I feel all cravings of cake and ice cream dissolve and when I wake up in the morning, food doesn't enter my mind.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I just picked up our CSA - green beans, fennel, cucumbers, yellow squash, bell peppers, new potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, coriander & thai basil. I picked the last of our lettuce, so salad is definitely on the menu tonight.

Had a piece of Togo chicken today and more left for tomorrow. Will have to prep more onions next time as DH has eaten them all!
      Starting Weight: 197.5
      Current Weight: 123
      Far healthier!

Comment

• Lol Janie. I am defrosting chicken and already decided I need double onions in the next batch. I have one thigh left and no onions.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
          Lol . I have one thigh left and no onions.

Sorry about that! I'll return it soon.
          Miss you!!
          FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
            Sorry about that! I'll return it soon.
            Miss you!!
            Lol..yes need onions. Where ya been? I've been around.

Comment

• Is it just Janie and I left?

Comment

• I'm still doing this. Works really well for me. I do 2 tablespoons of coconut oil every morning.

Comment

• I'm starting tonight when i get home from vacation. Have a brand new bottle of Mct oil that i bought ages ago and never opened. Didn't know what i should use it for...now i do...need to get off the five pounds i put on since going primal. Can anyone suggest the best times to take it? I get up at 5 and walk for an hour or an hour and a half...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Good to know you are still here, Sigzephyr, and enjoying results! I'm assuming that the AS lasts all day even tho you take 2 doses in the AM? I've been playing around a bit with dosages/timing.
                    Far healthier!

Comment

• Msja-
                      A # of people have posted about having intestinal discomfort/diarrhea from starting with a full dose of MCT. You might want to ease into it. I even found the unrefined coconut oil did that for me. My MCT oil FINALLY arrived yesterday, so I'm planning on using 1 tsp along w/the light olive oil I'm using, to see how my system reacts.
                      Far healthier!

Comment

• I read this thread several months ago and got the Now MCT oil. I had a reaction to it. I couldn't take even 1/2 T without being very close to a bathroom for hours. I've tested it periodically and still have the same reaction. So I gave up. I recently started reading this thread again and decided to try it with the avocado oil that I have. No reaction except AS. I ordered the book and received it yesterday so I'll give it a read this weekend. I have not been consistent with the oil, just 1 dose a couple times this week. This morning I took a dose at 7:30 am. I generally eat breakfast at 8 am, but now at 10, still no hunger.

I would love to get my set point down 5 pounds.

Comment

• Lee,

I still can't believe that MY set point changed...

I swear I've been eating a TON of Stupid Shit in mass quantities, and usually
                          that would bump me right back up to 127 - 130, but no, here I sit at 122.

And not broken hearted about it one bit... but still amazed to say the least.

Janie, yes! The floor (technically just one, since it's a hallway) was a real pain
                          in the ass. But, I put on my last coat of poly yesterday, let it dry 7hrs (only needed 2)
                          and then I put my runners down and I'm done! DONE!

Looks so much better than the kid and animal stained carpet. SO MUCH BETTER.

I wish I had it in me to do the rest of the rooms, but having to scour all the paint off
                          the wood (and I'm not talking just an overspray...) with stinky lung corroding and flesh
                          burning crap, SUCKED. So IN went the transitions and I will think about the rooms another
                          day.

In the meantime, the hallway sure is shiny and purdy!

Okay, now back to SLD - I'm probably going to start boring you all with my meals for
                          the day in this thread. I just HAVE to stop eating Stupid Shit, and I think the only way
                          to do that, is to write it all down HERE. If I have eyes on me, I just might NOT eat
                          that stupid twix bar.... or fritos... OR DORITOS.

Finally had some wine last night, so food will not be in the forefront today.

I don't feel nasty, but the thought of food ALMOST makes me want to gag... and I've
                          only gotten through half of my coffee that I poured TWO HOURS ago... so, today might
                          be easy.

You know, if you guys wanted, we could start a new SLD thread in the Journal section, and
                          alllll of us could post in it. If you wanted to. Just suggesting that since this one is hella
                          long and all. But no worries if we just want to stay put here. I certainly don't care how long
                          it gets!

Okie dokie, back to SLD and lower carb for me today.

I WILL NOT EAT STUPID SHIT

rinse, wash, repeat...

Julia

Comment

• I think a new group journal thread would be a good idea. Im starting sld tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Calee (is this W30 Calee?), I was using Red Palm oil but even with holding my nose, I could taste it. Plus I have discovered the beauty of cooking with it. I took a spoonful of liquid CO (97% MCT) and spent the day in the bathroom. I blamed it on something I ate but the same thing happened when I got my MTC oil. It's something to do with needing different enzymes to digest it. After 2 days of misery, it went away. I still have a random bubbly stomach day. You can use most any oil though. Tasteless is better.

If you guys want to start a new thread that is fine and dandy with me. If you want to stay here, that is fine too.

Julia goolia..dont eat stupid shit.

My friend Derval from Whole 30 is checking us out so we may have another family member. She's a hoot.

Comment

• Hey Julia, do you think the oil is making you eat the stupid shit? I have been ravenous for a 3 days myself, I couldn't get satisfied until I ate a ton of meat, so yesterday and today I decided not to have the oil, and get my protein up.

Comment

Working...
                                X