Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janie View Post
    I'm thinking that "conventional" means refined, which would explain why it had no taste or smell.

Yup. They kept dancing around the answer. I was asking if it was refined or hydrogenated, and finally he said it is "conventional", so I figured that meant refined but googled it. So it is conventionally processed. He also added the initials, RBD which I discovered means "refined, bleached, deodorized."

UGGGHHHH I have been happy in my Coconut Ignorant Bliss since I found Primal, so for over 15 months I have been using bad stuff, thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well..... I guess we know how great sliced bread is, so I should have known.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
      Yup. They kept dancing around the answer. I was asking if it was refined or hydrogenated, and finally he said it is "conventional", so I figured that meant refined but googled it. So it is conventionally processed. He also added the initials, RBD which I discovered means "refined, bleached, deodorized."

UGGGHHHH I have been happy in my Coconut Ignorant Bliss since I found Primal, so for over 15 months I have been using bad stuff, thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well..... I guess we know how great sliced bread is, so I should have known.
      Oh my. That sucks. Costco carries Nutiva brand. It's great. Good price at Costco too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Ok, I've started on my third week of taking oil shoots, have really good AS, been eating well. So I thought I would get on the scale to see if anything was happening there. WTF I've gained 1 1/2 pounds, so a total of 3 1/2 pounds since my binging 4th of July weekend. I'm so disappointed...but I will stay the coarse.

Ez2cy: I'm totally with you. I've got 30 to 40 lbs to lose been 90% primal for 1 1/2. I keep losing and gaining the same damn five pounds. I've seen a lot of good health benefits so not complaining there. Just really wish I could get this weight off.

Comment

• I went to the big smoke today and picked up some MCT oil. Paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much I think, but I'll give it a try starting tomorrow
          55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
          Chest; 41.5
          Waist; 42
          Hips; 40
          Thigh; 22.5
          Calf; 15
          Bicep: 13
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
          Chest; 42
          Waist; 42.5
          Hips; 39
          Thigh; 23
          Calf; 15
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 16

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
            A piece of SLD knowledge from my years of doing it and reading every post on that forum for the last 6 years or so:

If you have AS, but then lose it suddenly, that's actually a good sign. According to the SLD theory, you lose your appetite because of the fact that your setpoint lowers below your current weight (or fat level, or whatever the trigger turns out to be), so your appetite is suppressed because you don't need as much for weight maintenance. The body is actually "trying" to reach the new (lower) weight.

When you drop below that new weight setpoint, your appetite will increase again and your body will "try" to encourage you to eat back "up" to the new setpoint. If you can stay the course, keep taking the oil and eating in the same way that allowed the weight loss in the first place (ie: smaller amounts d/t the AS), the setpoint will eventually drop again and you will then have the great AS again, and your weight will hopefully respond by dropping again. It's a temporary appetite increase - not a reason to switch oils.
            Hi Marth, thanks very much for the response to my post, this is really helpful to me

Comment

• Thanks for that information, Marthat. It is useful to know what to expect.

I finally dropped another pound, for a total of 2-1/2 in 10 days. Out w/DH today & also two meals out (sigh).
              Starting Weight: 197.5
              Current Weight: 123
              Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                Thanks for that information, Marthat. It is useful to know what to expect.

I finally dropped another pound, for a total of 2-1/2 in 10 days. Out w/DH today & also two meals out (sigh).
                Janie do you take your oil shots to go or does that feel too weird. I went on an all day thing with some friends the other day. I had my morning shot and packed my second shot in a spice jar (they are airtight) and stuck it in my purse. Worked great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
                  I went to the big smoke today and picked up some MCT oil. Paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much I think, but I'll give it a try starting tomorrow
                  Ez2cy, you may want to start slow. I have a cast iron stomach but had bad GI issues. I thought oil was oil, but MTCs are different. I had the same issue when I did a shot of my liquid coconut oil which is 93% MTC. I am happy to say I seem to tolerate them well now.

Comment

• Thanks oceangrl, I will try it slow, although I have a cast iron stomach as well. Mom got us that way by being a farm wife (working outside) and not a very good cook...LOL

Has anyone used MCT oil, other than the SLD and notice weight loss, energy etc? I've been reading how it's suppose to be the next wonder for body builders etc. Just curios.
                    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
                    Chest; 41.5
                    Waist; 42
                    Hips; 40
                    Thigh; 22.5
                    Calf; 15
                    Forearm; 11.5
                    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
                    Chest; 42
                    Waist; 42.5
                    Hips; 39
                    Thigh; 23
                    Calf; 15
                    Forearm; 11.5
                    Neck; 16

Comment

• Calorie restriction? SEE-YUH.
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• I'm on my 2nd week of CO shots, actually 7th day since I took Sat & Sun off. I've lost 2 lbs, after scale had not moved for close to 6 weeks! I'm not ready to say it's the oil yet, but going to keep doing it and see what happens. Hope the oil is the difference and weight loss continues at a steady pace!

Comment

• That is awesome Stacy!!

Comment

• Great going, it's a great plateau buster for sure!
                            be the hair that knots with my hair
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• I trained even higher intensity today, the results?? yes ate more, two snicker bars

I am thinking tomorrow I will have potatoes perhaps am not having enough starch and craving sugar.. so will try a potato day. If that didn't work, then I have to ease up on the training until I lose some weight!

Comment

• I skipped lunch today after working out. Usually I am so hungry after my workout, but not today! Did the CO shot instead and will wait until tonight to eat. Loving the AS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X