Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Filing -
    Welcome! I started w/coconut oil and found it hard to avoid the strong flavor, even with holding my nose and mouth rinsing afterwards. Currently I'm using refined walnut and extra light olive oil, both recommended in the book. I've got some MCT on order but likely will start with half doses as some have reported intestinal difficulties at a full dose. I believe the book also says that some people have to gradually adjust to an increase in some oils.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
      Thanks for the suggestions re: the scapes, Oceangrl. Like Little Vase, I'd never heard of them before.

I googled and got the chicken recipe too, and will be picking up chicken legs next trip to the store.
      Janie, I used chicken thighs just because I like them better but I think any cut of chicken would work.

I definitely suggest starting slow with the MTC oil. I have had a very bubbly stomach and that gassy bloated feeling. Today, I am going to go with a tsp.

I have lost 8 of the 10 lbs I wanted to lose. Another bonus..I am spending way less time at the store and in the kitchen. Love that.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• That is a fast, impressive loss!

I've lost no more since the 1-1/2 lb. loss but today was really the best day of appetite suppression so far, so maybe things are moving forward.
        Far healthier!

Comment

• uggh.

I caught up with this thread the other day, and some things kept standing out in my mind. The strong taste, holding your nose to cover the taste, etc.

I never cared for the idea of just chugging CO, it is a weird texture for some reason, but I never noticed a taste or smell. So I researched. My CO doesnt say much of anything on the label, so I contacted the company and their reply was that particular kind, was "conventional"

uggghhh That explains the great price. Also explains, maybe explains... a few of the issues I have experienced along this journey.

Ugghhh. Did I say that already?
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• I didn't have AS today for whatever reason, I had 1.5 T of ELOO twice today, and followed all the rules, but still felt hungry. I did HIIT training for 20 minutes at the gym, so wonder if the exercise caused the lack of AS.

If this continues tomorrow, I should switch oil, I don't think I should increase more than 3T a day!

Comment

• The positive things I have been getting out of SLD are: managed to quit coffee just like that, no headache no withdrawals nothing, just one morning I thought I don't fancy it and that was it. Same with fizzy drinks or diet drinks, just don't fancy them at all.

And up to today, I have been eating less, able to completely ignore tempting food items without even needing will power, also getting satisfied during meal time sooner than I used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                uggh.

I caught up with this thread the other day, and some things kept standing out in my mind. The strong taste, holding your nose to cover the taste, etc.

I never cared for the idea of just chugging CO, it is a weird texture for some reason, but I never noticed a taste or smell. So I researched. My CO doesnt say much of anything on the label, so I contacted the company and their reply was that particular kind, was "conventional"

uggghhh That explains the great price. Also explains, maybe explains... a few of the issues I have experienced along this journey.

Ugghhh. Did I say that already?
                Gopintos, what does conventional mean? When I do CO, I use my liquid version. Kinda spendy, but I already had it in my cupboard so I wanted to try it. I dont think I could swallow the solid. Haven't tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                  Gopintos, what does conventional mean? When I do CO, I use my liquid version. Kinda spendy, but I already had it in my cupboard so I wanted to try it. I dont think I could swallow the solid. Haven't tried it.

I was wondering that too, and why all the "Ugghhhh"s, lol.

Oceangirl, I agree, trying to swallow the solid CO is kinda nasty. I nuke mine for about 30s in the microwave if I can, then shoot it back. Ps, loved the pic of your fat cabinet - totally trying the Fatworks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stina1115 View Post
                    I was wondering that too, and why all the "Ugghhhh"s, lol.

Oceangirl, I agree, trying to swallow the solid CO is kinda nasty. I nuke mine for about 30s in the microwave if I can, then shoot it back. Ps, loved the pic of your fat cabinet - totally trying the Fatworks!
                    Omg..I adore Fatworks. They just started selling leaf lard so it's 10% off. However, if you buy a two jar bundle, you still get the discount. I bought the duck fat and beef tallow last time. I just need the leaf lard to complete the collection. :0)

Comment

• I'm thinking that "conventional" means refined, which would explain why it had no taste or smell.

I started out using unrefined coconut oil b/c of its health benefits, but it is nearly impossible to avoid the taste and odor, even with holding my nose, rinsing my mouth and following up with a large glass of water.

Which is why I switched to ELOO or refined walnut - no odor, no taste.
                      Far healthier!

Comment

Omg..I adore Fatworks. They just started selling leaf lard so it's 10% off. However, if you buy a two jar bundle, you still get the discount. I bought the duck fat and beef tallow last time. I just need the leaf lard to complete the collection. :0)

I checked it out Saturday, and they have a pack of all 3 for like $47 Totally buying that ASAP (went to buy this morning, but the website was temporarily down :/ ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stina1115 View Post
                          I checked it out Saturday, and they have a pack of all 3 for like $47 Totally buying that ASAP (went to buy this morning, but the website was temporarily down :/ ).
                          Oh really. I think I will grab all 3. One can never have too much fatworks fat. You are ordering from the waza site right? The easiest way is to friend them on FB. You will see a picture of my kale chips that I baked after coating the leaves with tallow and duck fat. :0)

ETA: You will see a link to their ordering site from their FB page.

Comment

Oh really. I think I will grab all 3. One can never have too much fatworks fat. You are ordering from the waza site right? The easiest way is to friend them on FB. You will see a picture of my kale chips that I baked after coating the leaves with tallow and duck fat. :0)

Oooh, I must try that

Comment

• A piece of SLD knowledge from my years of doing it and reading every post on that forum for the last 6 years or so:

If you have AS, but then lose it suddenly, that's actually a good sign. According to the SLD theory, you lose your appetite because of the fact that your setpoint lowers below your current weight (or fat level, or whatever the trigger turns out to be), so your appetite is suppressed because you don't need as much for weight maintenance. The body is actually "trying" to reach the new (lower) weight.

When you drop below that new weight setpoint, your appetite will increase again and your body will "try" to encourage you to eat back "up" to the new setpoint. If you can stay the course, keep taking the oil and eating in the same way that allowed the weight loss in the first place (ie: smaller amounts d/t the AS), the setpoint will eventually drop again and you will then have the great AS again, and your weight will hopefully respond by dropping again. It's a temporary appetite increase - not a reason to switch oils.

Comment

• Martha that makes a huge amount of sense. In my case, the AS was back in full strength the next day. I will keep that in mind as I reach what I think will be my sweet spot weight. I was going to pick up the book again because I didn't remember what you do when you get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X