Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
    Okay, I spoke way too soon about the MCT oil--I had zero AS today, and after 3T throughout the day, I was starving at dinner time and wolfed a ton of food. It was all paleo food, so no biggie, but yeah, the MCT isn't doing the trick yet.
    Heatseeker, I am a week or so into it. Out of the blue, I had a starving day today too. No clue why. I was doing that snacky thing where I kept going to the fridge for this and that. I am going to carry on tomorrow like nothing happened.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I'll give MCT one more week before I switch back to coconut oil. I have a vacation coming up this week--but I'm doing a lot of yoga teaching and beach-going during it, so I need to stay looking slim!

Whoever mentioned switching oil a page back--you can totally switch oils, I've done it a bunch of times. Usually I do it when one oil stops working as well; like, I'll stop getting AS on coconut oil, so I'll switch to ELOO, and boom, there's the AS again. This MCT switch has been different. The AS has been on and off, but mostly off. I really WANT it to work, but it might just not work for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure it upsets my tummy when I eat certain foods with MCT shots already in my stomach. For instance, yesterday I had an oil shot at around 10, then at around 11:30 had my lunch, which included a grapefruit. As soon as I was finished with the grapefruit, I felt tummy rumblies, and man, I was running to the bathroom all afternoon.

Comment

• Interesting experience with the MCT, Heatseeker. Julia had a similar reaction as I recall. And I had a similar one with EVCO. I, too, am wondering if it has to do with a specific food or perhaps the amount of food in ones stomach when the oil is ingested.

I haven't had any negative response with the refined walnut oil but am waiting on my MCT delivery. What do you think about a mix? Has anyone tried that? Possible downsides?
        Starting Weight: 197.5
        Current Weight: 123
        Far healthier!

Comment

• Anyone feeling really tired doing this? (Day 5, 2 tbs/2x/day)
          55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
          Chest; 41.5
          Waist; 42
          Hips; 40
          Thigh; 22.5
          Calf; 15
          Bicep: 13
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
          Chest; 42
          Waist; 42.5
          Hips; 39
          Thigh; 23
          Calf; 15
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 16

Comment

• ez-
            I haven't been tired. Actually feeling fairly energetic. Is it possible you are taking calories too low?
            Far healthier!

Comment

• Might be my work outs, but I've done work out like this week before without a problem.. Calories? Don't think so. Not upset stomach or anything, but stomach feels weird all the time. Hard to explain.

Monday; 1,244
              Tuesday; 1,173
              Wednesday; 1,322
              Thursday; 1,256

Forgot to add the oils, which would add just over 400 more cals/day
              Last edited by ez2cy; 07-19-2013, 07:14 AM. Reason: Forgot oil
              55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
              Chest; 41.5
              Waist; 42
              Hips; 40
              Thigh; 22.5
              Calf; 15
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
              Chest; 42
              Waist; 42.5
              Hips; 39
              Thigh; 23
              Calf; 15
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 16

Comment

• Yesterday was Day 4 of taking the oil, and I did it a bit differently. I put a TBSP of CO in my morning coffee instead of the morning shot. This kept me full until first meal (1/3-1/2 lb steak) which I had after working out at 1:30pm. At 4 pm I had CO shot (2 TBSP). 5:30pm I had 1/2 a banana. 7pm still wasn't that hungry but made some eggs and had a hard time finishing 3! AS success! Lifted weights for an hour from 8-9pm. No hunger afterwards. Seems to be working Best part - broke my stall!! Down 1 lb this morning!! First time scale has moved down in 6 weeks.

Thanks for this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                  Hey Stina! Welcome to the thread. I hope this works out for you!

Julia Goolia
                  Ha, I'm honored to be welcomed personally by Julia (Goolia, splorf!) - your rambly posts kept me laughing throughout the entire thread.

I'm hesitantly optimistic that SLD is going to help me break through the plateau I've been experiencing the last mont - since Monday I've lost 4 lbs already, and hit another new Primal low

Thanks again for all the tips and inspiration, ladies!

Comment

• Wow, Stina - great result! Especially after a stall!
                    Far healthier!

Comment

• Thanks, Janie! Let's hope the scale keeps moving in the right direction - beach trip in August

Comment

• Well it appears my AS is back. I woke up at 4:30 this morning starving. I hate that. I knew I had to eat or my night's sleep would be flippin' over. I dove into an avocado. I ate 1/2 and was ful. This morning, I made my breakfast but instead of 2 eggs and a mini sausage patty, I had one egg and the sausage. I usually have kale salad with it, but had to put the kale back. I had a mug of bone broth that has been simmering on my deck in my slow cooker since yesterday. Yum!!

I think I am not going to have the red palm oil. I had ELOO instead last night and will have that until my MCT oil arrives.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Hi Peeps!

I ended up giving in to some of the brownies yesterday, but even
                          so, since my calories were so low for the day, they didn't make much
                          of a dent.

Today, same as yesterday...

Coffee two hours after I woke up, didn't finish it even this time.

MCT oil an hour after that and here it is 2:35 and zero hunger.

Planning on having bbq'd chicken for dinner since my 11yo is having
                          twin boys over for a sleepover, so maybe the AS will hang out until
                          then? Who knows, we'll see.

I'm expecting LadyTime around the 21st, and usually with that, comes a
                          day of "bottomless pitt eating", so we'll see what happens with that
                          as well.

Carry on!

Julia

Comment

• Oh sweet syrupy lord, no more MCT oil. I spent the afternoon on the toilet again! I made sure to have lunch a full two hours after my last MCT shot, but even so, I ate food, it turned to water in my stomach, and I, ahem, expelled it. Painfully.

I so wanted you to work, MCT, but you and I are not friends. Our brief love affair must come to an end.

I should also mention that by today it seemed to be giving me REVERSE appetite suppression, if that's even a thing. I was starving aaaalllll day, way beyond normal bounds.

Back to ELOO for this girl!

Comment

• Agh. Julia, I baked a sour cream pound cake yesterday for DH (I rarely bake anymore) and I gave in and had a small slice. The craving monster roared back, wanting a 2nd piece -- took all my strength to say NO, it was that GOOD.

I'm doing the refined walnut and light olive oil today, not eaten much, not hungry. So glad they are both completely flavorless. That damned cake sits looking all lovely on the counter, but I know DH will rid me of it soon.

Just picked up my CSA -- now have tons of veggies to deal with.
                              Far healthier!

Comment

• Oh. I have great hopes for the MCT which has yet to arrive. Heatseeker - your experience sounds like mine with the EVCO. So I'm thinking I'll start with 1/2T of MCT oil (perhaps mixed with another to get a full dose). Maybe the body adjusts?
                                Far healthier!

Comment

Working...
                                X