No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..I had no idea. Is the gastric distress not uncommon?

I take hope in your having moved that setpoint down and cheer your doing so again. Hey, I'm way older than you but I'm aiming at 119. I like that number. And maybe it will take some belly fat with it.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Comment

• I pride myself on my stomach of steel... No other oil gives me "the works", but the MCT did - must
      be rocket fuel!

My body super DUPER loves 119!!! I was stuck at 119 once for a YEAR. So weird!

Ah well, I wouldn't mind seeing that again as well.

We can be 119 together. Har.

Comment

• I read the beginning pages, and then towards the end. Tried reading the entire thread, but it is way to long!

Out of curiosity (and wanting to break through a stall myself), I started doing it 3 days ago. No AS for me yet.

How long has everyone been following SLD and what kind of results are you seeing?

Hopefully you don't mind a newcomer jumping in and asking questions?

Comment

• Julia I had a feeling you were going to say NOW brand. It's sitting in my cart. I need to fill my empty fridge so just going to see if I can find it locally. I save about $5 buying my coconut aminos locally. Worth a shot.

I got the book yesterday. Easy read. You guys keep mentioning AS. What is that. I probably will slap my forehead and say "duh" to myself when someone answers.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• AS = appetite suppression.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              Julia I had a feeling you were going to say NOW brand. It's sitting in my cart. I need to fill my empty fridge so just going to see if I can find it locally. I save about $5 buying my coconut aminos locally. Worth a shot.

I got the book yesterday. Easy read. You guys keep mentioning AS. What is that. I probably will slap my forehead and say "duh" to myself when someone answers.

Even I knew what that meant. Lol
              FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• See..immediately slapped my forehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
                  AS = appetite suppression.
                  Hey martha/SQ, I know you did SLD for a long time, and you did good on it, what happened at the end, did it stop working or did you stop taking the oil?

Comment

• Stacy -
                    are you clear about the guidelines or do you need help w/that?
                    Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                      I read the beginning pages, and then towards the end. Tried reading the entire thread, but it is way to long!

Out of curiosity (and wanting to break through a stall myself), I started doing it 3 days ago. No AS for me yet.

How long has everyone been following SLD and what kind of results are you seeing?

Hopefully you don't mind a newcomer jumping in and asking questions?
                      Only started a week ago, seeing very good control on the appetite which is kind of empowering, you know, you don't feel the need to enforce a huge will power.
                      Last edited by Hotmail; 07-17-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                        Hey martha/SQ, I know you did SLD for a long time, and you did good on it, what happened at the end, did it stop working or did you stop taking the oil?
                        I don't really remember. Life happened, I guess. I slowed down on my devotion to the daily oil but I maintained the weight loss for over a year and only slowly regained. I never got up past where I had originally started. I've lived most of the last 2 decades within the same 20 lbs, 135 on the low (ideal) end and 155 on the highest (not happy with myself) end. Things like travel to Europe (the home of great bread and cheese, and my hubby's extended family) would put me behind. Periods of increased alcohol intake (meaning 2-3 nights a week of a bit of wine - never very much) would put my weight back up. Socializing with friends (who are all amazing foodies), overeating late into the evening (with aforementioned alcohol included usually) also got the better of me.

Once I found Primal and limited my grain consumption, controlling my weight got significantly easier and I've never really gone back to the SLD oilshots. But it does work, or at least it sure did for me. I loved being on it and I credit it with steering me away from the lowfat CW of my training and opening my mind to the fact that fat wasn't "evil".

I'm finding the combo of about 80% Primal and IF until L daily has been pretty successful for me this past 4 months, having lost over 15 lbs in the lead-up to my son's wedding. But I keep SLD in my arsenal of tricks and would have no problem going back to it anytime. This morning I hit a new low of 137.5 lbs.

Comment

• Thanks Martha, and congrats on the new low

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                            Stacy -
                            are you clear about the guidelines or do you need help w/that?
                            I think I figured out how to do it, but I could be wrong! I followed some of the links and read some of the of the forum dedicated to it. I've been eating my normal primal diet, but including 1 TBSP of CO at 10 am & 3 pm. Nothing but water an hour before or after. I plug my nose and rinse my mouth a few times to get rid of taste before unplugging.

Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                              I think I figured out how to do it, but I could be wrong! I followed some of the links and read some of the of the forum dedicated to it. I've been eating my normal primal diet, but including 1 TBSP of CO at 10 am & 3 pm. Nothing but water an hour before or after. I plug my nose and rinse my mouth a few times to get rid of taste before unplugging.

Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.
                              Julia posts about her inch loss.

But yes, many tried this at the start of the thread, but not sure how many are still doing it, I guess after one does it for a few weeks it becomes routine and not much to talk about. When SLD forum was more lively, I know many people initially lost weight, then many got stuck at a specific setpoint.

Comment

• I've only been doing it since 7/13, but am down 1 and 1/2 lbs. That's really good for me as my losses are usually slow. What is GREAT is the drop in hunger.
                                Far healthier!

Comment

Working...
                                X