Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey ladies, yes I have same issues with CO, with CO (suppose with MCT too) you need to build up slowly to let your system used to it.

    I noticed last night like you, I wasn't hungry but somehow my mouth was eager for me to have something flavoursome in it, I had a handful of raisins (I have no junk food at home) but then as I was reading the book, I realised Seth spoke about this issue, and he had the same experience, so he said he started to be fond of different flavour chewing gums... so for me that was a light bulb, sure I wasn't hungry, I could have chewed the raisins and spit them out but that is just too gross lol

    Chewing gums are not a good look for me either... so will be trying to have something like polo mints or tic tacs etc instead.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
      Hey ladies, yes I have same issues with CO, with CO (suppose with MCT too) you need to build up slowly to let your system used to it.

      I noticed last night like you, I wasn't hungry but somehow my mouth was eager for me to have something flavoursome in it, I had a handful of raisins (I have no junk food at home) but then as I was reading the book, I realised Seth spoke about this issue, and he had the same experience, so he said he started to be fond of different flavour chewing gums... so for me that was a light bulb, sure I wasn't hungry, I could have chewed the raisins and spit them out but that is just too gross lol

      Chewing gums are not a good look for me either... so will be trying to have something like polo mints or tic tacs etc instead.
      Sounds like this is not your cup of tea. Good luck to you.

      Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

      Comment


      • I couldn't work in even one lousy shot yesterday! I think I might try dialing it back to one shot of 1 tbsp a day....I just did my weekly weigh in and I didn't lose a single ounce. But oddly, I was losing weight on one shot, and this past week I've done two. So I'm going to go back to one and see what happens. The tweaking never ends
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

        Comment


        • So far I like this.

          My weight had been creeping up from my low of 123 to 127-1/2. I don't know how much of the gain is attributable to muscle gain (I can see and feel a substantial difference) but nevertheless I didn't like the scale #s going up. And I still feel I have too much fat on my body.

          Yesterday was 1st full day of SLD. I ate a good breakfast & 1 hour later took a 1/2 oz shot of coconut oil. Small salad around 2pm. Took 1/2 oz shot of macadamia nut oil around 4pm (should have taken it earlier as was getting hungry). A small dinner @ 6PM; still not hungry this morning. Scale down 1 pound.

          What was GREAT was not having the gnawing hunger I'd usually have.
          Starting Weight: 197.5
          Current Weight: 123
          Far healthier!

          Comment


          • Lv..yes!! I am still tweaking. I wont weigh. That number means nothing.

            Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              Sounds like this is not your cup of tea. Good luck to you.

              Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
              What??? Not sure where I said this is not my cup of tea! I was suggesting to a couple of people an alternative instead of the mindless eating of chocolate they wrote about a couple of days ago.

              Comment


              • I had no idea my body was going to react differently to coconut oil as to macadamia or olive oil. I think I'll hold off on the coconut oil and maybe save it for cooking. It was entirely flavorless, though, compared with the other oils. I found that convenient.

                To finally stop the diarrhea I ended up eating some of my boyfriend's corn chips. Corn constipates me, so normally I avoid it. I think I'll eat a low fat diet today.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                  What??? Not sure where I said this is not my cup of tea! I was suggesting to a couple of people an alternative instead of the mindless eating of chocolate they wrote about a couple of days ago.
                  I totally misunderstood your post. Ignore. :0)

                  Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                    Lv..yes!! I am still tweaking. I wont weigh. That number means nothing.

                    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                    Good for you, oceangrl! I will be there someday soon I hope.....not weighing. I used to weigh every day, ugh. Now I weigh myself on Sat or Sun, once a week, as a tool to determine if what I'm doing is working, so I can tweak. I wish I had thought to take measurements when I started primal in October, I would prefer to use that. But once a week has been working for me, it at least allows me to reassess. I think I might go to once monthly now. Like...the first day of every month. I feel much more primal and shangri la - adapted now so I think I can ditch the weekly weigh in

                    Last night I couldn't stomach the idea of drinking the oil, which is why I had a no oil day. Now again today, I'm sitting here trying to will myself to take it. I may have to switch oils or take a few days off, I can't make myself drink it if I feel gaggy!
                    be the hair that knots with my hair
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    primal since oct. 1, 2012

                    Comment


                    • Oh LV..I hate admitting this but I lost 84lbs on Medifast. Gross space food. I weighed daily. Crazy. After a lot of self talk..it no longer means anything. Measure now. It's not too late. :0)

                      Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                      Comment


                      • I bought a tub of coconut oil yesterday. Found it in an Asian specialist shop.

                        I only eat once a day, normally around 8-9 pm.
                        So getting a bit of fat might improve my metabolism ( it's been suggested that I'm not eating enough calories or fat. I do believe this is true now).I could read the whole thread of course, but I'm sure they are many differing opinions.

                        What would be best for my situation?
                        How much oil?
                        How many times a day?
                        What times a day?
                        In what fashion?
                        Advice welcome please.
                        Thanks.
                        FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                          I totally misunderstood your post. Ignore. :0)

                          Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                          Haha no worries, I wrote the post in a hurry so could be my fault

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                            I bought a tub of coconut oil yesterday. Found it in an Asian specialist shop.

                            I only eat once a day, normally around 8-9 pm.
                            So getting a bit of fat might improve my metabolism ( it's been suggested that I'm not eating enough calories or fat. I do believe this is true now).I could read the whole thread of course, but I'm sure they are many differing opinions.

                            What would be best for my situation?
                            How much oil?
                            How many times a day?
                            What times a day?
                            In what fashion?
                            Advice welcome please.
                            Thanks.
                            The idea is to drink one to two tbsp a day, the only restriction is to have no food at all an hour before drinking the oil and an hour after, so two hour window no food apart from water, and the oil after the first no food hour, nothing else.

                            Some people have it once a day, others twice a day, you need to experiment and see what's best for you. You must not taste the flavour of the oil, so if it has a taste pinch your nose while drinking and follow it up with a glass of water immediately.

                            Get the book if you can - but try it for a week or so then judge if its working better i.e. no hunger/appetite suppression working, then get the book. You can also do some reading on Seth's website (sethroberts.net)
                            Good luck.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                              The idea is to drink one to two tbsp a day, the only restriction is to have no food at all an hour before drinking the oil and an hour after, so two hour window no food apart from water, and the oil after the first no food hour, nothing else.

                              Some people have it once a day, others twice a day, you need to experiment and see what's best for you. You must not taste the flavour of the oil, so if it has a taste pinch your nose while drinking and follow it up with a glass of water immediately.

                              Get the book if you can - but try it for a week or so then judge if its working better i.e. no hunger/appetite suppression working, then get the book. You can also do some reading on Seth's website (sethroberts.net)
                              Good luck.
                              I'll try it for a week, thanks.

                              You must not taste the oil. Why? Because it's horrid or is there some science behind it?
                              FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                                I'll try it for a week, thanks.

                                You must not taste the oil. Why? Because it's horrid or is there some science behind it?
                                Yes there is a theory behind not associating calories with flavour, please do the reading on Seth's site and forum, lots of info there

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X