No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night homemade ghee was my fat of choice. As it went down, I realized the last thing I want to do is not taste my lovely golden ghee. So..back to my vile red palm oil.

This morning starts with bullet proof coffee. I make it with 1 TBS CO and 1 TBS ghee.

I am amazed at my energy. I was a little concerned that I would have a wimpy session with my trainer, but I tore the place up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I'm curious.

Does this not go against what so many here preach that "calorie's in/calories out" means nothing? Is this not exactly what this is doing, cutting your calories in to lose?
      55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
      Chest; 41.5
      Waist; 42
      Hips; 40
      Thigh; 22.5
      Calf; 15
      Bicep: 13
      Forearm; 11.5
      Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
      Chest; 42
      Waist; 42.5
      Hips; 39
      Thigh; 23
      Calf; 15
      Bicep: 13
      Forearm; 11.5
      Neck; 16

Comment

• I didn't say that I tasted the butter, but that since it was SALTY, that
        I just "knew" it was butter. If I bought unsalted butter, I'd probably just do
        butter shots instead. Easier!

Way to go Oceangrl!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
          Does this not go against what so many here preach that "calorie's in/calories out" means nothing?
          There are plenty of people here who fully accept CICO.

If you don't take it in, you can't put it on...

Comment

• Unfortunately the book I got the print on it is so small, so annoying, its hurting my eyes to read... wish there was a kindle version but I didn't see it on amazon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
              Unfortunately the book I got the print on it is so small, so annoying, its hurting my eyes to read... wish there was a kindle version but I didn't see it on amazon.
              Oh I wish you had posted this yesterday. It is available on Kindle for 9.38. I think I paid 4ish for the hard copy. Maybe that's why.

Comment

• I searched amazon so many times for a kindle version, but its not available, but am looking into amazon UK, can you post a link?
                Perhaps its on another site? And yes I got the hard copy quite cheaply second hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                  I searched amazon so many times for a kindle version, but its not available, but am looking into amazon UK, can you post a link?
                  Perhaps its on another site? And yes I got the hard copy quite cheaply second hand.
                  Oh maybe it's not on Amazon UK? I am in the states. I am on my phone so I can't post a link.

Comment

• Hey all, I'm back on SLD for the next few weeks because I'm dealing with a leg injury that's restricting my workouts, so I figured, why not take advantage of the lower food intake needs to cut some fat? See, there's a silver lining to every cloud. (This is what I'm telling myself to avoid going out of my mind with frustration that my leg isn't healed yet and I still can't train properly.)

Question for those who have used MCT oil: I'm using MCT this time around, purely out of curiosity, and also for the convenience of it being flavorless. I took my first tablespoon about an hour ago, and ugh ugh ugh. It went down great but ten minutes later my stomach started feeling sick and crampy, and my whole body was shaky like I was about to have a case of the runs. I still haven't needed to rush to the toilet, but my tummy feels pretty crappy. Will this go away after a couple days of taking MCT, or should I do a different oil instead?

Comment

• Heatseeker, I would start with a tsp if you are having issues. Work up to a TBS. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                        Question for those who have used MCT oil: I'm using MCT this time around, purely out of curiosity, and also for the convenience of it being flavorless. I took my first tablespoon about an hour ago, and ugh ugh ugh. It went down great but ten minutes later my stomach started feeling sick and crampy, and my whole body was shaky like I was about to have a case of the runs. I still haven't needed to rush to the toilet, but my tummy feels pretty crappy. Will this go away after a couple days of taking MCT, or should I do a different oil instead?
                        After my success building up the dose of olive oil then macadamia oil I tried flavorless coconut oil today, 1 ounce at 11:00 am. I've had the runs all day off and on. Bleh.

Comment

• egads Katherine!

an ounce is two tablespoons..... so no wonder why, that's a lot at once.

bummer!

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                            egads Katherine!

an ounce is two tablespoons..... so no wonder why, that's a lot at once.

bummer!
                            I had an ounce of macadamia oil yesterday with no problem. Oh, well.

Comment

• hmmm, well, i can't explain it!

your body is just high falootin' I guess then, loves the spendy stuff

there, there is the answer... har har har!

Comment

• eKatherine, when I first started this last year--like the second day or so--I tried 2tbsp of coconut oil in one dose and got terrible cramps and the runs. I split the doses into 2 separate doses of 1tbsp, had no problems, and proceeded to have great success and weight loss over 2 months. I think some people are just sensitive to high doses of MCTs. Like me, today, doing a tbsp of pure MCT: blurgh. I'll be splitting those into 4 doses of 1/2tbsp.

Comment

Working...
                                X