Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
    And you really aren't hungry...? I IF on weekends a lot until 1 or 2 just because I'm too lazy to workout early... but I'll eat a 800 calorie "breakfast" and then a 1000 calorie dinner on top of the oil. I don't know... maybe I'm too conditioned for this amount of food and I could eat less? Can you eat this way forever or is this a big drop for you? Clearly we are all different but I read about all the women (mostly) eating 1200 calories a day and I just can't imagine it. I'd gnaw off my arm. And then eat chocolate.
    My body is satisfied off of the amount of calories I am taking in.I am not working out on a regular basis (I need to start).My hubby just installed a pull up bar, so I am trying to do some of those ( it's quite funny).I really need to get out and walk more, I don't know why I don't because I do enjoy it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• You and me both, lorichka! I'm female and I think the only way I could possibly get by on 1200 a day would be if I did not exercise at all, or if I was half a foot shorter and 50 lbs lighter than I actually am.

Comment

• Hahahahahahhaha Julie. Im glad to see you lost weight through that. My body would have flipped me off and gained 10. I just. Ate. A. Potato. Stop the mofoing presses!
        The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Oh Mi GAWD, a potato? THE HORROR!!!!!

I bet it was deeeewishus!

Okay, so for example, my calories today so far:

15g heavy cream
          100g whole milk
          6 pieces of bacon
          3/4ths of an avocado
          1oz Peanuts
          =
          811 calories

So then you throw in 250g of tri tip for dinner
          and the cals will be 1275 for the day.

But I'm sure it'll be less because 250g of tri tip
          is a crap ton of meat, when, well, you're just
          EATING MEAT. zzZZZZzzzzz

I'll probably end up eating 150g instead, which will equal
          1089 cals for the day.

That said, I have my coffee at 8:30am, my first meal of the day
          at 1pm, (which holds me forever) AND, it wasn't a hungry day at
          all AND I haven't had any oil.

An oil day would go like this:

6:30AM - 14g coconut oil
          8:30AM - coffee as described above
          1:00PM - 2 eggs and 4 breakfast sausage links
          4:00PM - 14g oil
          6:00PM - 150g eye of round

That all adds up to 1065 cals if it's not a hungry day either (they are rare, trust me).

If it WAS going to be a hungry day, I'd probably add a shot of oil an hour after
          my coffee and one an hour after my 1pm meal, which would bring cals up to 1300.

At this point in my cycle, starting today, is my Dormant Hunger time. CD18 to CD26.

And then Hongry will kick in like gangbusters for cd27 & 28, go away until cd10, then
          kick back up for cd11-cd14.

And I'm talking STARVING.

This is usually where I ruin ANY freaking deficit I've made before these times, so that means
          extra-extra exercise to compensate, but it really doesn't seem to do jack shit.

So there's my story.

Julie

Comment

• If anyone just put 5 oz of meat on my plate and said that is your dinner... I think I'd cry.

However... I do think that IFing (or just doing coffee with cream - I used to do that too) until 1 or 2 *does* make it easier to eat less. I feel like my body is happy with 700ish calorie meals. If I can just hold out until 1 or 2 for my first one I could eat 1600 or so calories a day. But if I eat breakfast, well I'm up near 2000+.

Maybe when hubby and I get our little dream farm and I can walk all day and cut wood and bail hay and shovel manure etc instead of sitting on my arse this whole body composition thing will just work itself out... because I'm living the way humans were meant to live

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

15g heavy cream
              100g whole milk
              6 pieces of bacon
              3/4ths of an avocado
              1oz Peanuts
              =
              811 calories

So then you throw in 250g of tri tip for dinner
              and the cals will be 1275 for the day.

But I'm sure it'll be less because 250g of tri tip
              is a crap ton of meat, when, well, you're just
              EATING MEAT. zzZZZZzzzzz

I'll probably end up eating 150g instead, which will equal
              1089 cals for the day.

That said, I have my coffee at 8:30am, my first meal of the day
              at 1pm, (which holds me forever) AND, it wasn't a hungry day at
              all AND I haven't had any oil.

An oil day would go like this:

6:30AM - 14g coconut oil
              8:30AM - coffee as described above
              1:00PM - 2 eggs and 4 breakfast sausage links
              4:00PM - 14g oil
              6:00PM - 150g eye of round

Julie
              So, gotta ask. Where did you, a NorCal girl, learn to think in metric?

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing earlier. Metric... huh?

Comment

• Yep, born and raised right here in San Jose, California and
                  have never left my 5 mile radius for 44 years.

Well, I DID live in Santa Cruz for a bit when I worked for my father
                  in my early twenties... but still.

ANYWAY, the metric thing is all about crazy OCD.

Knowing exactly HOW MANY CALORIES are making it down
                  my gullet.

Ounces are LAME, grams are succinct!

And since my little food scale has both, I prefer to use the grams.

But if I WANT to convert them to stupid dummy ounces, then I can, cuz
                  there are 28 grams per ounce.

Even the scale I step on can be switched to metric - and that's fun, especially
                  when I get tired of seeing the same old weight day after day after day, I switch
                  it to metric and low and behold, seeing 55kg on there is way more satisfying
                  than my regular poundage, even though conciously, I know that if I times that
                  by 2.2............... Shhhhhhhhhh, nope, not going to do it. I like 55.

HAR!

Comment

• bahahahahah you're such a FREAK! Just teasing. I'm not even going to go there, or else I'll find myself in the same boat. Being a spazz about it is NOT something I want to do. I already weigh everything like a freak. But, it's kind of a fun game. Trying to guess how much it weighs before it goes on the scale.

Comment

• I love this thread... it has taken me days to read the whole thing... I know, I know, I should be walking instead!

I am really new to this... me and the hubby started the primal switch over in the beginning of the year, for weight loss and general health benefits. We both had about 28lbs to lose. He has done really well and seen a huge drop of 18lbs. I have lost 7 but some of that was post Christmas eating!
                      Anyway, before primal, I had lost 74lbs and my all time lowest, which I am currently sat at now and can't seem to get below is 164lb. At 5 2 that is still pretty hefty! I just dream of seeing 14*lb on the scale and when I have been reading all these tiny weights I am green!
                      So, I thought I would give the extra oil a go... lets hope I can see the great results as you guys have... to get below 164 would make me so happy - I've been this weight with a 5lb bounce for 18mths!
                      I started the oil shots Saturday night... 2table spoon of the EVOO (all I have in at the mo, but will buy some of the coconut oil and try that too) in the evening, then Sunday and Monday 1 table spoon in the morning and two in the evening.
                      So far, I haven't seen the scale move (no bounce either) but I have felt less hungry.
                      As others have said, whether or not this is science or placebo, as long as it helps shift the weight and get a healthier body who cares...
                      So, can I join the oil party?

Comment

• Oh, Julie, you are a Canadian at heart! I grew up learning Imperial, then, about the end of elementary school, the whole country went metric, so I learned both. I weigh myself in lbs, but work professionally in kg, temps are in Celsius outside and on my furnace thermostat, but I use Fahrenheit on the oven. I cook using cups and tablespoons. I measure fabrics in inches when I'm quilting , but I buy it by the metre. The height on my driver's licence is in cm. I buy meat in kilograms. Yarn is in 50g or 100g balls, but I measure my work in inches. All the labs I use in my work are in metric, so when someone on this forum posts their blood sugar levels or cholesterol levels, I can only ballpark their results without looking it up.

It is a rather elegant system, isn`t it...
                        Last edited by marthat; 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I am a first generation Canadian. I grew up with metric but I got used to imperial for height and body weight, and I loooove using cups for cooking measurements. Now that I know an ounce is 28 grams I can do conversions myself, but don't even talk to me about gallon, miles and Fahrenheit!

Comment

• Lorichka, I am very similar to you. The oil shots stabilize my appetite, but I still have days when I eat 2,000+ calories. I try not to eat unless I am hungry for longer than 30 min. I noticed that with oil, digestion process sometimes gives signals similar to hunger, and

WARNING TMI!

seems that I feel hungry when I need to go BM, and after BM hunger goes away. That's never happened to me before the oil shots. So weird.

My hunger and fullness signals are waaay better though now. So, here is to hope. Weight did not climb this week. Fingers crossed I don't make up this week.

////

I used to love cups for baking etc, but now I am all into weighing - it is MUCH more better and precise. But i am used to inches and lbs for height and weight now, used to confuse the heck out of me.

////

I was trying to teach my daughter to do flips (again) and she does a headstand instead (holly sh***). Then casually rolls on. Freaked me out because of her neck whips back when she does it. Putting her into a beginner gymnastics class, since I feel completely uncomfortable with coaching her there. Push-ups are better, I think she can actually do 3-5 off a box, once I have corrected her movement, but I have to have my palm under her chest to guide the movement. She keeps going into tricep form, and crashing at the bottom without it.
                            Last edited by Leida; 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• After a month of using refined coconut oil, I decided to switch up my oil at the end of last week. I already had ELOO for making mayonnaise so I gave that a shot (pun intended ). I didn't really notice a difference on the first day, but the second day was amazing! I ate breakfast around 12, and then didn't get hungry again until after 9!! I kept thinking, "This is crazy, I should eat". But I figured it didn't make sense to eat if I wasn't hungry. And I also wasn't wanting a glass of wine to go with dinner, and this was Friday night! ELOO for the win! At least for me, for now.

I initially thought that AS would be reduced on ELOO. I put my Tbsp. of refined CO in little plastic containers and put them in the fridge at work. Instead of shooting them, I crunch through a little disc of hardened CO. It probably sounds disgusting, but I like it! So I thought that some of the satisfaction I got from the oil was because I was actually chewing it, but apparently that has nothing to do with it.

I can see why some of you say that it's hard to get in enough calories some days!

Comment

• Ok I think I've figured something out. I really need to keep carbs low (under 60g) to even have a snowball's chance in hell of netting under 1600 cals a day. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... I won't be stepping on the scale again until TOM comes and goes, but I really hope to dip under 157. Please, stupid body? Pretty please with a dark chocolate square on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X