No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm refraining from seeing if The Cheese Gallery delivers to California!

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
      I love drugstore .com. Ordered MCT oil on Wednesday and whala! It arrived on Friday. I will take my first shot this morning and see what happens. That said, I'm going to a birthday party. Yummy organic fish and veggies but I tend to eat a bit more when out.

Starting weight 146.6, first goal to shed five big ones. I plan to walk at least a 5k today, maybe more and do some arm weights.
      Good luck! Thanks for the drugstore.com tip.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

I love drugstore .com. Ordered MCT oil on Wednesday and whala! It arrived on Friday. I will take my first shot this morning and see what happens. That said, I'm going to a birthday party. Yummy organic fish and veggies but I tend to eat a bit more when out.

Starting weight 146.6, first goal to shed five big ones. I plan to walk at least a 5k today, maybe more and do some arm weights.
        If you are going out tonight-just a "heads up". I was taking co shots and switched to MCT on Monday. Let's just say it kinda cleans out your system.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by lala70 View Post
          If you are going out tonight-just a "heads up". I was taking co shots and switched to MCT on Monday. Let's just say it kinda cleans out your system.
          Good to know, thanks! I just had my first T of oil, my stomach is queezy. Maybe I will wait a bit before my walk as there are no potties for an hour or more.

Comment

Good to know, thanks! I just had my first T of oil, my stomach is queezy. Maybe I will wait a bit before my walk as there are no potties for an hour or more.
            Yes and it just kinda hits you with not much warning!

Comment

• Down to 150.8 this morning. 149 is so close... c'mon...

Of course, I've spent all week laying in bed, no workouts, with maybe 500 calories of liquid food per day, so I really don't think we can chalk this weight loss up to SLD, to be very fair. Yesterday I managed some solid food for dinner and my stomach didn't protest, so I think I'll try to eat normally today. Fingers crossed.

I'm expecting my scale number to go back up slightly the minute I get back to my workouts (possibly today, definitely tomorrow). I would actually kind of welcome a little uptick in weight, because I fear some of this was muscle loss.

Comment

• I think you did quite well at the party, Martha!

I would have mowed those chips as well AND stuck a fork
                into anyone's hand who thought they were going to get some....

Wow, congrats to all the losers! So awesome.

Well *I* made a complete pig out of myself last night.

Bottle of chardonnay, that I made last from 5pm to 11pm so
                I wouldn't wake up hurting this morning (it worked) but for
                FOOD I had some rice snax, you know, those tasty little funny
                shaped crispity crunchity weird flavored, well, rice cracker snack
                things... small bowl of those, one piece of pizza, and then TEN
                OUNCES of cheese fondue ALL TO MY BLOODY SELF, one apple
                and maybe a HUGE slice of sourdough. The bread comes all cut up
                so who knows how much it was, but I know it was too much cuz
                there's a lot of bread left over this morning, but zero cheese. HA!

That said, I DID burn 2500 calories yesterday according to my bodybugg,
                which is a feat in itself.. I don't think I've ever been able to get over

So I guess all that walking, the gym and all the CLEANING really helped, so maybe
                there won't be too much of a blip on the scale. I don't weigh myself until I'm about
                to eat my first meeeeeal (hate that word!) of the day, so who knows.

But I do know that I'm all wheezy from the wheat and the wine!

Ah well, bygones! It was all delicious and worth every sip/bite.

In other news, my ass is about to fall off from the squats, deadlifts
                and lunges I did at the gym yesterday. DYING.

Also approaching ovulation time, which for me means up three pounds
                of water bloat time. I'm so damn lucky!

Julie

Comment

• My only meal today has been a feast of all you can eat sushi and assorted other Japanese/Thai restaurant stuff. Won't need supper, and out to play this evening. It's brilliant sunny out, only -3C and the roads have been more or less plowed. I plan to run outside this afternoon!!! Yeah!!

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
                    AAAHHH! Sudden change of plans - dietary disaster ahead! Thanks to the snow storm, my usual Special Olympics Floor Hockey practice was cancelled (actually, I cancelled it - I'm team manager). So I thought a quiet evening at home sipping my martini was on tap. Then hubby reminded me that since I didn't have my usual commitment, I could accompany him to a friend's birthday party this evening. I had totally not remembered that this was even happening! Oh no!! Home-made (really good, organic juice, sulphite-free, smooth-goin'-down) red wine, lots of nibblies - temptations all around!

BTW, I just made some amazingly easy and good fish. Tbsp EVCO in a frying pan, throw in and fry little fillets of frozen haddock, then add a mix of about 2 parts coconut milk, 1 part mayo and a half tbsp of curry powder all mixed together. Cook together a bit to bubble up the sauce.
                    This sounds YUMMY! I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.

Comment

• MCT oil update. About two hours after taking 1T of the oil, I went for a 90 minute walk. I waited until I pooped (sorry) before leaving the house after being warned. On the way home I walked through the farmers market and had a few slices of apples and oranges. A few minutes later I was doubled over with stomach cramps. They went away walking home but not pleasant at all. I ate a little lunch when I got home. No hunger in the afternoon. I went to a dinner party last night. All organic. Had about 4 oz salmon, a couple pieces of roasted beets and fennel and a bites of lettuce. I generally would have wanted a lot more because it was so yummy. Oddly others finished what I originally put on my plate.

I am generally feeling starved by 9am. I wake by 5am. Yesterday after the oil I wasn't hungry at all until the farmers market at noon. Maybe it was the 1T of heave cream in the morning, but I have that daily.

I took 1T this morning at 7:30. I'm going for a strenuous 5 mile hike in the hills at 9:45. I am curious to see what my hunger does today. My stomach feels queasy the way it did yesterday after the oil.

That's it for my first day experiment. I love that MCT is flavorless!

Comment

• Wow Calee, that's HOT!

Well, not the stomach pain and all, but that you had great success
                        of NOT making a pig of yourself at the party.

You're probably an hour into your hike right now, so I hope you come back
                        and report your findings on how the MCT oil ended up working whilst hiking.

In other news........... I DID buy that ginormous 72oz tub of coconut oil
                        from Costco and it's working great. It IS kind of a pain because it has a
                        flavor and a smell, so I have to mouth breathe for a little longer and wipe
                        my mouth a lot, but I just couldn't pass up 72oz for 19.99, organic cold pressed
                        foofie doofie blabbity blaa.

When I'm done with it though, I may give MCT a whirl.

Yanno, if I'm not 63lbs by then. Bwahahahahahahahaha! NOT.

My indiscretion on Friday bumped me up a whopping 1.8lbs (LAME. If
                        I wasn't doing low carb at the same time, it would have been FIVE pounds)
                        and it IS already stupid ovulation time, so it will take a few days to
                        go away.

I've found that cycle day 18, when I'm extra good, is the absolute tell all of
                        what I've REALLY lost, since ovulation is over and ladytime is ten days out.

So, 6 days until that...... I will try my darndest to be compliant!

Yesterday, my olive oil shot on top of my Day After Wine Drinking stomach
                        made me feel SO NASTY.

My sister and I went walking and I swear I had to stop a few times to KEEP
                        myself from hurling. Not good. That makes Wine Time not really worth it...
                        We'll see.

Julie

Comment

• It's ovulation time for me and I had two glasses of pinot grigio last night sa well as some chocolate, and I was still down .4 lb this morning from yesterday (my net cals for the day were about 2000, the rest of the week around 1500, that's including the oil shots). I'm not doing low low Carb (my macros are 50/25/25 F/P/C) and that's a 3.5 lb loss for me since Tuesday. I love being a loser again! Fingers crossed for dipping under 155 foe the first time in years....

Comment

• Hooray for being a loser again!

I will cross my BOOBS for you that you get under
                            155 lickety split.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              I will cross my BOOBS for you that you get under
                              155 lickety split.

Julie
                              Wow, that would be some trick!! LOL

Comment

• See what I'd put myself through for unchantenfrance's dip below 155?

Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X