No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marthat, we are neck and neck right now! I know what you mean about the mental aspect of this--seeing any number in the 140's on the scale would make me jump off the walls with excitement, even if it's only a 1lb difference from 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDF View Post
      Is the 2 hour flavourless window 1 hour before and 1 hr after taking the oil? or is it no flavours for two hours after taking the oil?

This.

So like on days that I help out at school and I think I might get hungry while I'm there,
      I take a shot of oil at 12pm, go to school for an hour, come home, eat if I'm hungry at
      1, and then take another shot of oil at 2.

Sometimes I'm so full from what I porked down from my first meal of the day, I wait
      THREE hours after that meal to do another shot of oil, so like, 4pm, cuz dinner will
      be at 6 or 6:30.

Just go by your hunger cues for the most part, if you know the times of the day that you're
      hungry the most and don't want to be, save your flavorless window for THOSE times and
      just adjust to your preferences. But do keep an hour free of anything before the shot and
      after the shot.

I'm finally getting a LOT better about wanting to snack after dinner EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT
      FREAKING HUNGRY.

Last night I had 150g of steak and 100g of russet potato and just about died with fullness.

Any other time, without the oil prior during the day, I would have hoarked that down "just to
      get to dessert" and then I would have had something like, um, er, a CUP of semi-sweet
      chocolate chips. Hungry or not.

The thought of anything last night after dinner made me so grossed out. Even my lime flavored
      seltzer water (zero sugar, just a hint of lime) had me grossed out.

So finally,FINALLY something is working to tame the Munchie Monster.

Even though my husband thinks I've absolutely gone batshit crazy.

We've been together since 1996 and he's seen every single diet thing I've ever
      tried, so I've been hiding the oil from him.

But he's too damn smart! He was in the family room and I was sneaking CO in water in
      a coffee mug, and he yells to me "Oh, are you having your oil fix?"

DAMN HIM

So I said yes, and to not ask ANYTHING until it's been a month.

He said nary a word.

He's a good boy, he puts up with my Never Ending Crazy.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
        marthat, we are neck and neck right now! I know what you mean about the mental aspect of this--seeing any number in the 140's on the scale would make me jump off the walls with excitement, even if it's only a 1lb difference from 150.
        I know, right?

Could you IMAGINE being one of those people, like in the book, that were told
        "oh you're losing too much weight" or even thinking YOURSELF that you'd lost
        too much?

My sister and I were guffawing over this the other day, cuz it'd be a cold farking
        day in hell before EITHER situation would happen to us. Hahahahhahahaha!

I could see it happen to my husband though - if he even just THINKS about trying
        to lose some weight, like a casual thought, bam, ten pounds lost over night. Jerk.

Comment

• What a great partner! Mine is awesome like that too. Gotta love em!

Comment

• I know, my husband is the biggest keeper EVER.

Not only is he a dude, but he has half a Chick Brain as well.

And what I mean by that is that he's not clueless when he says
            something hurtful or does something stupid that pisses me off.

Any other dude on the planet would be like "what, what did I do? I don't
            get it?"

Where MY husband, doesn't even give me time to storm around and
            be pissed OFF at him for not even a NANO second before he comes up
            to me and says "hey, I'm really sorry for what I said (or did) I really
            didn't mean it to come out that way, and I'm super sorry."

This was very hard to adjust to after dating a pile of asshats the
            first half of my life, and getting to be "mad" and "silent treatment"
            towards them for 2 weeks at a time.

Now I don't even get to stew, but I'm finally used to it and it's great!

In Shangri-La-La news:

Something happened... I KNEW it would......

Down from 123.2 the other day to 122.4 TODAY.

I *knew* something was going on!

And now I'm waiting for stupid jackass ovulation to
            take it all away with a pile of water bloat in the next
            five days...

So I will continue to weigh, but As God As My
            Witness, I Shall Not Let The Water Bloat Make Me Succumb
            To Stooopid Snax or Thoughts Of Failure!

~Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
              As God As My
              Witness, I Shall Not Let The Water Bloat Make Me Succumb
              To Stooopid Snax or Thoughts Of Failure!
              Hey, I remember that line from Gone With the Wind! Great scene.
              Last edited by little vase; 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM. Reason: crappy html skills
              be the hair that knots with my hair
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• Thats incredible. I would be SO dancing in the streets at 120 some pounds wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by lala70 View Post
                  I started last Friday and was using unrefined co. On Monday I went and got some MCT oil, I love it!! It gives me so much energy and I rarely feel hungry between meals.
                  Mct oil, great idea. Never would of thought of that. I'm not comfortable with light evoo, but mct would work great. I know it's totally flavorless my son used to take it to help him absorb his vitamins and yes I remember it helping dramatically with his energy. Thanks girl!!!!

Comment

• sooo wishing I would lose weight too...calories down alot, keeping up with the oil dosage, and exercising. A little fluctuation down on the scale, the right back up again. Sigh. I'm still so glad for the AS, but its been 4 weeks. Why dont I get the "woosh"? oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
                      sooo wishing I would lose weight too...calories down alot, keeping up with the oil dosage, and exercising. A little fluctuation down on the scale, the right back up again. Sigh. I'm still so glad for the AS, but its been 4 weeks. Why dont I get the "woosh"? oh well.
                      You're not alone. I'm at the same place I started too.
                      PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephanie View Post
                        Mct oil, great idea. Never would of thought of that. I'm not comfortable with light evoo, but mct would work great. I know it's totally flavorless my son used to take it to help him absorb his vitamins and yes I remember it helping dramatically with his energy. Thanks girl!!!!
                        No problem, I love this stuff. Seems to work so much better for me then other oils,and I'm down 4 pounds since last Wednesday!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• I ordered MCT oil a few days ago. Still waiting for it to arrive so I can give it a try. I have lots of energy but would love a bit of AS.

I'm 5'4", 62 and walk at least a 5k 6-7 days a week but have a desk job. I find that 1300 calories Has been the top end of my maintenance range, more like 1100 if I don't walk for a day. Any suggestions about target calories etc. if I don't stay low carb I gain immediately. My weight is 147 but I was formerly morbidly obese. I've been adding more pushups etc, sprint occasionally and do Pilates some.

Any helpful hints appreciated. How much MCT should I start with? How often?

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                            I ordered MCT oil a few days ago. Still waiting for it to arrive so I can give it a try. I have lots of energy but would love a bit of AS.

I'm 5'4", 62 and walk at least a 5k 6-7 days a week but have a desk job. I find that 1300 calories Has been the top end of my maintenance range, more like 1100 if I don't walk for a day. Any suggestions about target calories etc. if I don't stay low carb I gain immediately. My weight is 147 but I was formerly morbidly obese. I've been adding more pushups etc, sprint occasionally and do Pilates some.

Any helpful hints appreciated. How much MCT should I start with? How often?
                            Wow!! Good for you!! I hope to still be as motivated as you at 62! I take 2 tbsp. a day of MCT oil, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.They say to ease into it at first by taking a tsp. a day ( it can cause stomach cramps).I was already taking co twice a day so I started right into 2 tbsp. of the MCT with just a mild little tummy ache the first day.

Comment

• Originally posted by lala70 View Post
                              Wow!! Good for you!! I hope to still be as motivated as you at 62! I take 2 tbsp. a day of MCT oil, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.They say to ease into it at first by taking a tsp. a day ( it can cause stomach cramps).I was already taking co twice a day so I started right into 2 tbsp. of the MCT with just a mild little tummy ache the first day.
                              Thanks! I've been using coconut cream some and have had some coconut oil so I might start with 1 T in the morning. I already have some sleep difficulty so will ease into afternoon dose. If you punt calories, do you count the oil in your daily caloric totals?

I think I get more motivated with age because I want a 6-10 mike hike to be effortless. I love adventure travel and don't want to be stopped by deteriorating health. I want to shed more pounds and build more muscle as I think it will help as I age. Haven't you heard, 60 is the new 40?
                              Last edited by calee; 02-08-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                                Thanks! I've been using coconut cream some and have had some coconut oil so I might start with 1 T in the morning. I already have some sleep difficulty so will ease into afternoon dose. If you punt calories, do you count the oil in your daily caloric totals?

I think I get more motivated with age because I want a 6-10 mike hike to be effortless. I love adventure travel and don't want to be stopped by deteriorating health. I want to shed more pounds and build more muscle as I think it will help as I age. Haven't you heard, 60 is the new 40?
                                They say you don't have to count the calories from your extra oil shots,but I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X