Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stephanie View Post
    I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

    Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?
    I started last Friday and was using unrefined co. On Monday I went and got some MCT oil, I love it!! It gives me so much energy and I rarely feel hungry between meals.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    Comment


    • This has been the most fascinating read! I spent the last few nights falling asleep to this thread, and waking up to wanting to read more.

      Do you think taking a CO shot in the afternoon twice would be ok? The first shot at 1-ish and the next at 3-ish? I wake up at about 7-8 and have a couple of cups of green tea and then go to the gym and am not back until 11 or so, and then eat an omelet. I'm trying to figure when the best times to take the oil are for me. If the 2 in the afternoon aren't advised, is one an hour after dinner ok? If I absolutely have to I can take a baggie with me to the gym and take it in the middle of my workout but it would be so much nicer to do it at home! I'm open to anything though. I really don't want to replace my green tea with an oil shot though, but am willing to try any other combo.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

      Comment


      • Originally posted by calee View Post
        I read your journal over at Shangri La. Your journey is very inspirational. I hope you see the 140's soon to help you stay motivated and inspired!

        Wow! That's quite a feat! Thanks for your interest and encouragement...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by little vase View Post
          This has been the most fascinating read! I spent the last few nights falling asleep to this thread, and waking up to wanting to read more.

          Do you think taking a CO shot in the afternoon twice would be ok? The first shot at 1-ish and the next at 3-ish? I wake up at about 7-8 and have a couple of cups of green tea and then go to the gym and am not back until 11 or so, and then eat an omelet. I'm trying to figure when the best times to take the oil are for me. If the 2 in the afternoon aren't advised, is one an hour after dinner ok? If I absolutely have to I can take a baggie with me to the gym and take it in the middle of my workout but it would be so much nicer to do it at home! I'm open to anything though. I really don't want to replace my green tea with an oil shot though, but am willing to try any other combo.
          You can take it any time as long as it is in the middle of a 2 hr flavourless window. Some folks take it at bedtime, or upon rising (delaying their coffee for an hour), or in 1, 2 or even occasionally 3 separate doses. I always found once a day the most convenient. Could you take your oil to the gym, take it as soon as you hit the locker room after your workout, then do your shower, commute, whatever in the next hour. But if 1 and 3 work for your life, go for it.

          The only caution is not taking a highly energizing oil (if an oil affects you that way) in the evening, and then having disturbed sleep.

          Good luck with it!

          Comment


          • Thanks, marthat! I'm excited to try this. I'm actually still home and waiting for a friend to head to the gym so I'm going to take my first shot right now because I can But after today I'll probably switch to the twice in the afternoon protocol.
            be the hair that knots with my hair
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            primal since oct. 1, 2012

            Comment


            • This may be a stupid question - can you brush your teeth within an hour of taking the oil, or would that be considered breaking the flavourless window?

              Comment


              • That's breaking the flavorless window. I think everyone's forgotten and made that mistake, don't worry.

                Down to 151.4 this morning. Having a fever for three days is apparently good for something besides misery. My scale number will almost certainly go back up a bit once I get back to working out, but at least I can enjoy this number for a little while. My lowest weight since college!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                  My lowest weight since college!
                  Wow. That is amazing. You must be over the moon. Way to go!
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                    That's breaking the flavorless window.
                    Dang it!

                    Comment


                    • LOL! Don't worry, I've totally done it. More than once. It probably won't make a huge difference, just try not to do it in the future.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                        Dang it!
                        But you can brush with baking soda without a problem, or just use water. Or consider oil-pulling with a flavourless oil.

                        I like baking soda brushing - very clean feeling.

                        Comment


                        • Yeah, I'm not convinced that your brain would even think that toothpaste was
                          a food (especially a set point raising one) unless you were addicted to eating
                          toothpaste in front of the TV every night and you LURVED tube after tube of it.

                          Somehow, mint paste doesn't = calories in myyyy opinion, but now, mint chip
                          ice cream, hells to the yes! Har.

                          But I *do* understand the protocol of the "flavorless window", so, there's that.

                          Stephanie, I really think any oil would be fine. Oil is oil. Oil is 120 cals per 14g
                          no matter what it is.

                          I think you just need to see what keeps you satiated longer. I'm finding that my refined
                          CO is now keeping me as satiated as my extra virgin olive oil, and TODAY, I'm off to
                          Costco with my sister and I'm going to buy the GINORMOUS tub of "regular" coconut
                          oil because it's a hot ass price and since I plug my nose and mouth breathe forever after
                          any oil (flavorless or not), I might as well get the gross coconut flavored kind and save
                          the refined to sneak into my kids' foods! (they hate butter, what?).

                          @Calee - thanks! I don't think I could ever stop rambling. Especially since you all here are
                          basically the only "adults" I get to talk to. HAR!

                          @Martha - oooh girrrrl, you are almost there! I so hear you about the mindset change.

                          I even started weighing in kg's once because even though I know kg's are 2.2lbs, just SEEING
                          something LOWER than freaking 130 on the scale was better than stupid 130 over and over and
                          over again! So 59kg was better... for ahwhile.

                          @Heatseeker - wow, since college! Though, in your last pic, you still LOOKED to be in college, so
                          go on with your bad self.

                          Welp, off to walk the kids to school - I did my coconut oil shot at 630 this morning since
                          I was up then making my husband's lunch, then coffee with heavy cream at 8:30, and then
                          I never really eat before 1:30.. so who knows what that's gonna be.

                          Carry on girls! Everyone is doing great!

                          Julie

                          Comment


                          • Is the 2 hour flavourless window 1 hour before and 1 hr after taking the oil? or is it no flavours for two hours after taking the oil?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              I even started weighing in kg's once because even though I know kg's are 2.2lbs, just SEEING something LOWER than freaking 130 on the scale was better than stupid 130 over and over and
                              over again! So 59kg was better... for ahwhile.

                              Hilarious!
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

                              Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NDF View Post
                                Is the 2 hour flavourless window 1 hour before and 1 hr after taking the oil? or is it no flavours for two hours after taking the oil?
                                take your oil/flavorless calories in the MIDDLE of the two hour window - 1 hour after eating and another hour before eating
                                PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X