No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am experimenting right now by taking the second oil shot later in the day. I am still having trouble with evening hunger. Anyone had the same issue os is your hunger level throughout the day?

On the positive note: I have experienced a desire to weigh myself twice so far, but blocked it with the idea that it is pointless, because I do not want to do anything but to move with joy and abundance and eat when hungry and try to stop when full. Therefore, the weight is irrelevant.

I still experience a slight twitch of envy when I hear about anyone loosing weight, but it is becoming easier to divert my thoughts to being content and grateful with what I have.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• For those of you tracking cals, how much are you consuming? I've just started (day 2) and am netting 100-300 above my BMR.

Comment

• I've been "averaging" (just plugged in the numbers) 1600 so far from
        January 17th until today, but yesterday and today have been 1200/1300
        calorie days as my appetite is down.

But that doesn't mean that I might not make a pig out of myself on Friday
        night when it's WINE TIME... but that's two days away, so......

Dunno if ANY of that answers your question... but there it is.

Julie

Comment

• Oh wine time..... haven't had that in a while.

I guess I'll eat enough so that I'm not hungry but not go overboard (I have to count otherwise I overeat). Today I am feeling a lot hungrier than I was earlier in the week (and lady time just wrapped up) though I did lift today. I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

Comment

• Yeah, see, same thing as me... so instead of eating more, I just did more oil.

Not like I didn't eat at all or anything, but now that I understand that yummy calories
            up ye ol' set point, I still eat normal food, but stuff I don't want to OVER eat.. like eggs
            and meats... and hope the oil quells the appetite for SS (stupid shit).

Like I had just finished my 3 eggs, two sausages and 2 pieces of bacon at 1:45pm, brought
            my plate up to the sink and saw a baggie (left by the kids) of Pirate's Booty (white cheddar
            cheese puffs), and even though I'd JUST freaking eaten (over 500 cals at that!), I salivated
            over that damn Pirate's Booty like I hadn't eaten in a WEEK.

That's the stupid shit I'm talking about and trying NOT to eat (among other things) because I
            can just eaaaaat and eaaaaaat and eaaaaaat it, no matter WHAT I've eaten prior.

So for now, it's oil and boring ass food, but nutritious food....

Meh, I'm rambling again.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
              Yeah, see, same thing as me... so instead of eating more, I just did more oil.

Not like I didn't eat at all or anything, but now that I understand that yummy calories
              up ye ol' set point, I still eat normal food, but stuff I don't want to OVER eat.. like eggs

Like I had just finished my 3 eggs, two sausages and 2 pieces of bacon at 1:45pm, brought
              my plate up to the sink and saw a baggie (left by the kids) of Pirate's Booty (white cheddar
              cheese puffs), and even though I'd JUST freaking eaten (over 500 cals at that!), I salivated

That's the stupid shit I'm talking about and trying NOT to eat (among other things) because I

Meh, I'm rambling again.

Julie
              Just wondering why you would have 'pirates booty' junk food avail for your kids? Is that something they brought home or did you purchase it for them? Just curious as I'm not familiar with the product but it sounds like man-made crap. Just wondering.
              ----------------------------------------
              F, 48, 5'10"
              Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
              Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
                  Just wondering why you would have 'pirates booty' junk food avail for your kids? Is that something they brought home or did you purchase it for them? Just curious as I'm not familiar with the product but it sounds like man-made crap. Just wondering.
                  I'm not even going to go there, so "keep wondering".

/julie

Comment

• Julie you are hilarious. Love your posts. And your success. I'm motivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephanie View Post
                      I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?
                      Several on this thread are using coconut oil, often the organic, but refined, flavourless version. But the most common oil used is Extra Light Olive Oil, the flavourless version of olive oil. All of the major brands have a version of it. It will be light yellowish rather than deep green.

Just be sure that whatever you use, you take it in a way that you don't taste the oil at all. Hold your breath, plug your nose, throw it back like a shot - whatever works for you.

Comment

• I hear you Julie, I am also a human vacuum cleaner.

Down almost a pound today - probably water but I'm taking it.

Comment

• 150.0 this morning, so down about 1.5 since last weekend. Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me see the 140's! It's so important to me psychologically, that minor weight change, but major mindset change.

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
                            150.0 this morning, so down about 1.5 since last weekend. Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me see the 140's! It's so important to me psychologically, that minor weight change, but major mindset change.
                            Way to go!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              Yeah, see, same thing as me... so instead of eating more, I just did more oil.

Meh, I'm rambling again.

Julie
                              Julie, love your rambling, please dont stop.

I've been doing the HFLC but ordered MCT oil yesterday and will join younallmin Shangri lala land when it arrives. I still have 5 pounds to shed to get back to September set point. Darn holiday, vacation new higher set point! GRRRRR

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
                                150.0 this morning, so down about 1.5 since last weekend. Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me see the 140's! It's so important to me psychologically, that minor weight change, but major mindset change.
                                I read your journal over at Shangri La. Your journey is very inspirational. I hope you see the 140's soon to help you stay motivated and inspired!

Comment

Working...
                                X