• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Julie!

Comment

• Thanks girls!

Now this DOES include going low carb too... REALLY low carb, so that
      has something to do with it.

However, I've noticed the best appetite suppression with the oil that now when
      I finally eat breakfast at 1pm, instead of wanting 4 eggs and 500 pieces of bacon,
      two eggs and TWO pieces of bacon are MORE than enough. Like nauseatingly enough.

So weird.

Last couple of days have been a bit rough though, really hungry, so I upped the oil
      to three times a day whilst keeping cals in check.

Thinking maybe my set point is being lowered because I can't blame the hunger on
      anything else, as LadyTime is over and ovulation is 7 days away, so who knows.

I also walk 7-10 miles a day, so I know that helps, but most of all, I'm really enjoying
      NOT being hungry, or just having a NIGGLE of hunger instead of "HOLY SHIT I GOTS TO
      EAT! GET OUTTA THE WAY KIDS, OR *YOU'RE IT!"

We'll see what happens the rest of the week.

I usually have a sticking point of 119, so 123 could be the new 119.... we'll see!

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by lala70 View Post
        Kinda funny story...I went over to my local health food store to pick up some MCT oil. When I went to pay for it the lady asked"was this stuff on the Dr. Oz show or something"? I said I didn't know because I don't watch it.She replied "I can't seem to keep it on the shelves lately".
        OMG!!! I just found out that Dr. Oz WAS talking about MCT oil yesterday on his show...I better hit the health food store and stalk up!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• This morning, the first drop of the scale occurred. Hopefully, this is the tipping point, and I'm now heading down the fat-loss slope, picking up momentum. Ya Hoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
            January 16th was my last day of eating
            high carb and I was 128.8.

January 17th was my first day of starting
            higher fat, moderate protein, low carb & shangri-la.
            That day I was 127.4

Today, February 4th I'm 123.2

19 days, even if it's allllll water...

SOMETHING is working.

Julie
            Awesome results!
            What's your calorie intake been like since you started SLD?
            What was it prior to SLD?

Comment

• OOooh! An NDF sighting! Rock on!

Okay, you asked for it:

Before SLD and going back to low carb, I was trying to keep
              my calorie intake at 1200 because I THOUGHT my new maintenance
              was 1500 cuz I couldn't lose shit EATING 1500 a day, even with
              exercise.

It would vary between 1200 and 1450, but would mostly hover around
              1499. HAR!

Since starting vlc and oil shots since the 17th of January, my calories
              average out to 1632 per day (but of some days were super low and some were
              super high and some were normal).

So I know some of this loss is definitely water, and will probably take another
              ten days to really see if I'm losing on this many calories a day or what.

Time will tell!

Just weighed for the day and I'm up TWO WHOLE OUNCES. THE HORROR!

SNORT!

Julie

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I started taking co shots last Friday ( twice a day). I went out and bought MCT oil on Monday and starting using that instead of co,I still cook with co. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 137.8, which is a total weight loss of 4 pounds since last Wednesday! I have so much energy and I am feeling very satisfied when eating!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Very intriguing and interesting. I might give this a try if I feel my appetite going out of control again.
                  One thing I don't understand is how could sugar dissolved in water be in any way satiating or act as an appetite suppressant?
                  I can see the coconut or olive oils as such.
                  Also, I only made it to pg. 6, so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Comment

• Not sure what has happened, but it appears that my weight loss has stalled and I'm looking for a few suggestions from some with experience using SLD. I've been weighing the same for ~10 days. I've also noticed that I am hungrier and that the appetite suppression effects of SLD have faded. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out? Do I need to change something?

My calorie intake ranges anywhere from 1100 to 1400, with a target of 1300. I eat low-carb with typically <50g carbs per day. Not really sure what to change.....

Thanks!

Comment

• Not sure what has happened, but it appears that my weight loss has stalled and I'm looking for a few suggestions from some with experience using SLD. I've been weighing the same for ~10 days. I've also noticed that I am hungrier and that the appetite suppression effects of SLD have faded. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out? Do I need to change something?
                      This exact thing happened to me. I detail it a few pages back. Basically, what I did to bust through was 1. switch up the oil I was using from EVCO to ELOO, and 2. increase my calories by 200 a day. This made the AS kick in again, and I started losing again. My theory is that if you're hungry, it doesn't matter what you're doing, your body won't let go of fat. So you have to tweak until the AS kicks back in.

Big news: I finally busted into the 153 range (this morning was 153.6)! That was a looooooong plateau. I'm still sick as a dog--I thought I felt a little better this morning, so I suited up, popped some dayquil, and went into Crossfit, only to have to bail halfway through the warmup--but being officially un-stalled is a little ray of sunshine.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply heatseeker! Your suggestion is pretty close to what I decided to try. This morning I switched from ELOO to CO. I also decided to up my fat intake a little bit, thus increasing my calories.

For a point of reference, how long did it take for you to break through your plateau?

It would be absolutely ridiculously awesome if I could come close to my goal before swimsuit season starts, which is pretty soon here (forecast is 75 on Saturday). I haven't bought a new suit in over 5 years, so this will be my "reward".

Comment

• After I made the tweaks I described, I started losing again pretty much right away.

Comment

• Feel better soon Heatseeker!
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by beckie View Post
                              Not sure what has happened, but it appears that my weight loss has stalled and I'm looking for a few suggestions from some with experience using SLD. I've been weighing the same for ~10 days. I've also noticed that I am hungrier and that the appetite suppression effects of SLD have faded. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out? Do I need to change something?

My calorie intake ranges anywhere from 1100 to 1400, with a target of 1300. I eat low-carb with typically <50g carbs per day. Not really sure what to change.....

Thanks!
                              Yes it's very normal. The weight loss in SLD seems to come in "whooshes" with long periods of stability between. Up to 2-3 weeks, but then you let go of 2-4 lbs almost overnight. If you subscribe to setpoint theory and it's effect on appetite, then the sequence goes like this:

1. Taking the flavourless calories triggers a lowering of the setpoint in the brain. Suddenly your weight (fat stores, some blood component - who know what the actual mechanism is) is higher than your setpoint, so your appetite drops off - you get AS. As you lose weight to meet or drop below your setpoint, your AS will weaken and/or your appetite return.
                              2. If you continue taking the SLD calories and keep your overall caloric intake reasonable, you will have a period of increased-back towards-normal appetite as your weight is now below your setpoint. Eventually, your setpoint will respond to the SLD and drop again. Now your weight above the setpoint again. All of a sudden, AS is back and your weight will drop off - a "whoosh". Then stabilize again as your weight approaches your new setpoint.
                              3. Repeat as necessary.

AS will wax and wane with this cycle.

The other thing to remember is that AS is not meant to kill hunger entirely. Your body will still demand food when it is truly in need of food. But all the "noise" of appetite, emotions and environment is reduced, which is very peaceful for many eaters. Hence the reference to Shangri La - making peace with food.

Comment

• ^This is what I think I experienced last week.^

LadyTime left the building and I had no other reason to explain
                                my downright STARVINGNESS.

So I upped the oil. Instead of doing 2 shots, I did three, still kept
                                cals the same.

I even would have done FOUR shots of oil to keep the hunger monster at
                                bay.

It worked well because yesterday I got away with only two shots of oil AND
                                being fully nauseatingly satiated on only 1200 calories.

This was even on a weight lifting day (full body routine) AND walking a total
                                of 8 miles...

So I'll be expecting my whoosh soon, as soon as my body lets go of 123.2lbs and
                                moves on down.

I can wait, because this is freaking effortless and I'm over the moon
                                with the shangri-la la laaaaaaaaaa.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                                X