No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -3 lbs today. Hmmmm. Not weighing again until Monday (4 days), so will post my chart again Monday pm. Had a potato last night with my dinner and slept like the dead. Went to bed at 7pm (exhausting day at work), and awoke at 6am feeling energetic and happy. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
      Good for you! I tried it and had major major stomach pain!
      I take 1 Tbsp of MCT oil daily and feel loaded with energy. I'm not taking it as an evening supplement as some on the forum have mentioned being too 'wired' to sleep.
      F, 48, 5'10"
      Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• I went down another pound! I'm now at a weight I haven't broken in over a year and haven't stayed at/or below in several years. Anything below this and I'll officially say this is working for me.

I've been getting tired much earlier in the evening lately. I don't know if it is related to the SLD but it is a welcome change. I have always slept well, but had a hard time feeling like going to bed before 10-11. Now, I often feel like dosing off as early as 8:30-9:30. By 10 I'm feeling like I'm really staying up all night.
        PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• I've been doing an annoying hover around 155 all week, +/- 2lbs. Damn you, Crossfit*! My workouts are really getting in the way of weight loss. I can tell there's some recomp going on, though, because I keep looking slimmer and slimmer. Hopefully the scale will start moving again soon.

*I take it back, Crossfit, you are the reason I get up in the morning and I love you like a crackhead loves her crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
            I've been doing an annoying hover around 155 all week, +/- 2lbs. Damn you, Crossfit*! My workouts are really getting in the way of weight loss. I can tell there's some recomp going on, though, because I keep looking slimmer and slimmer. Hopefully the scale will start moving again soon.

*I take it back, Crossfit, you are the reason I get up in the morning and I love you like a crackhead loves her crack.
            Hmmm, I suspect crossfit is my problem, too -- although I know what you mean about it being addictive -- I love it! But my weight has started increasing since going to class. I know I'm gaining muscle, but I really don't want to end up back in my 'big girl clothes'.
            F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

• My clothes have safely been getting looser since starting Crossfit in the summer, even though the scale went up by 10lb in my first two months. Don't sweat the scale TOO much. But yeah, it's definitely a lot easier for me to lose weight when I'm not on 5x/wk crossfit.

Comment

• That's great news, Leida. I know you love your fruit and being able to have it without that ensuing spiral is pretty big in itself! I consider that alone strong evidence for the effectiveness of the oil. I hope it continues for you.
                Thank you I am sooooo happy I can eat fruit with no dire consequences. Apparently just eating fat is not a solution to metabolic problems. It is timing the fat and separating it from the other foods.

I know folks that coconut oil has plenty going for it, but for what it's worth, I think I only started seeing results after switching to the light olive oil (not even extra-light).

I did a control jump on the scale yesterday, and I am holding the 129-130 lbs range that I was in since Christmas, without counting and limiting anything. I don't remember last time I could have an orange and hot chocolate for lunch without paying for it dearly or going to swim laps and then x-country skiing (in the mountains, woot!) and missing lunch without giving it a second thought. I did not touch eggs till I actually wanted an egg! All and all, I am finally getting back to the normal person I once was, who doesn't have to worry about what and when to eat. Don't even feel like a criminal for taking a piece of candy.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• It's been about a week since I checked in and thought I'd give everyone an update. I slacked off a bit for 4-5 days but it didn't seem to hurt me terribly bad.

Starting Weight: 1/9 -- 142.1 lbs
                  Current Weight: 1/25 -- 135.9 lbs

THANK YOU for sharing this heatseeker! While it is not a huge difference, I have not seen this weight in years and I'm finally feeling like I'm making some progress.

Comment

• Holy molly, Beckie, 6 lbs is a huge difference in less than 3 weeks in this weight range interval. F'ing impressive!
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by beckie View Post
                      It's been about a week since I checked in and thought I'd give everyone an update. I slacked off a bit for 4-5 days but it didn't seem to hurt me terribly bad.

Starting Weight: 1/9 -- 142.1 lbs
                      Current Weight: 1/25 -- 135.9 lbs

THANK YOU for sharing this heatseeker! While it is not a huge difference, I have not seen this weight in years and I'm finally feeling like I'm making some progress.
                      Those are fantastic results. That weight loss in 14 days and 1/3 of that time you 'slacked off'? Great, great results.
                      F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

• That's amazing, beckie!!

Comment

• Thanks! Hopefully I won't sobotage myself over the weekend (which is typically the case). I've developed a strong liking for Shocktop Honey Crisp Apple (I've got to get those things out of the house!)

Comment

• I have been doing this a few days now, and will see how it works! I do notice a difference in satiety. No more pre-dinner munchies. I have been doing a combo of virgin CO (nose holding), and refined CO that I melt into a shot glass and knock it back.

Comment

• Question for people who have read the book--do you know if it's a big deal if you don't take the oil for a day or two?

My journal

Comment

• I have been bracing myself psychologically all day to ingest a spoonful of coconut oil. I just can't do it. I really want to but I can't. Can I dilute it in water or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X