No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using straight MCT oil?... I have some of that, too. Not sure if it's still good... have had it for awhile. I'm also a bit worried about 2 Tbsp of MCT oil and gastrointestinal distress. Thoughts?
    Last edited by healthy11; 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I've read this entire thread, but not today, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I was taking my oil first thing when I wake up, thinking it would be better on an empty stomach, but reading SLD book, he said most people like to take it one hour after eating. For those of you who have been enjoying success with this method, what time do you take your oil? Seems like an hour after eating I'd still have food in my stomach.

I want to give this every chance of working for me.

Thanks!

Comment

• I've been taking it in the morning and not eating breakfast until 10 or 11am. I'll do it again in the afternoon around 2:30 or so.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
          For those of you using unflavored oils like refined coconut oil are you still pinching your nose or not? Still seems like there would be some taste if you didn't.
          I'm not pinching my nose. Both the MCT oil and refined coconut oil have absolutely no flavor to me whatsoever, so I don't see the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
            I used to be a champ at eating coconut oil, when it was melted and put on food, it never kept the hunger at bay for long. The bullet-proof coffee worked for a bit. But today, when I ate it by itself, it definitely curbed the hunger. Maybe because it make me queasy?
            I've found that the same is true for me. I've put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee and tea, and have tried to do bulletproof IF using bulletproof coffee, but I always found myself hungry. Taking the oil straight doesn't make me queasy at all, but it is definitely curbing hunger!

Comment

• Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
              Anyone using straight MCT oil?... I have some of that, too. Not sure if it's still good... have had it for awhile. I'm also a bit worried about 2 Tbsp of MCT oil and gastrointestinal distress. Thoughts?
              I was using straight MCT oil until yesterday. Works great. I didn't have any gastrointestinal issues. But I can take numerous of tablespoons of coconut oil daily without any issue at all.

Comment

• I used MCT oil today and will continue with it... no taste and no discomfort. Excited to see how this works! I just need to cut out the red wine at night!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickfeet101 View Post
                  I've read this entire thread, but not today, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I was taking my oil first thing when I wake up, thinking it would be better on an empty stomach, but reading SLD book, he said most people like to take it one hour after eating. For those of you who have been enjoying success with this method, what time do you take your oil? Seems like an hour after eating I'd still have food in my stomach.

I want to give this every chance of working for me.

Thanks!
                  I usually don't take it anywhere near a meal, especially afterwards. Quite the opposite. I aim to take it quite awhile before eating, in order for the oil to help curb my hunger up until my next meal.
                  I usually will take my first dose an hour after finishing my morning coffee, and then again in the late afternoon (long after lunch).

Comment

• I think that tomorrow, finishing my morning coffee may be a challenge... since morning coffee starts at 5am and ends at 8:30 am, with no food until 9am... Should I eat before I go to work, say maybe 6am, stop coffee at 8am, then have my oil dose at 9am, during my break? I'm not used to eating breakfast. Should I still skip breakfast?

Comment

• I drink coffee with half n half in the morning and don't eat until lunch at 11:30 so will take my first dose of oil at 9:30 or 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                        I think that tomorrow, finishing my morning coffee may be a challenge... since morning coffee starts at 5am and ends at 8:30 am, with no food until 9am... Should I eat before I go to work, say maybe 6am, stop coffee at 8am, then have my oil dose at 9am, during my break? I'm not used to eating breakfast. Should I still skip breakfast?
                        I have the same problem. Sometimes it takes me a few hours to get through my coffee, then if I have to wait another 2 hours to eat, it can be a bit much. Depending on my hunger level, sometimes I eat after coffee, then wait until the early afternoon to take my first dose of oil.

Comment

• SLD is definitely moving me in the right direction. I'm not quite to the weight where I typically stall (137lb), but very close. At the rate I'm going, I should reach that weight tomorrow or Wed, so that's when the real test will start. Below are my weight stats since starting:

1/9: 142.1 (first dose of oil mid-afternoon)
                          1/10: 141.5
                          1/11: 141.5
                          1/12: 140.5
                          1/13: 139.9
                          1/14: 138.6

Total weight lost in ~5 days = 3.5 lbs.

Comment

• You only need an hour for that first dose of oil. So take it first thing when you get up. Then get ready for work. Then have your first cup of coffee and breakfast if you have it at work. Or whatever your equivalent routine is. I'm assuming that it would still work not being directly between breakfast and lunch like this.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I started reading this thread last week and then got the book. Very interesting and am planning on starting today. I saw a few threads on MCT/Coconut oil where a few people had asked if this was discussed in the book. He does not talk about either of these two oils, but the one that he does discuss is Refined Walnut Oil for the Omega benefits. My plan is to use the refined Coconut Oil based upon the numerous results I have seen here. No other changes to my paleo meals are planned (except maybe less?) - I look at this as a way to enhance it.

After reading the science behind the Shangri-La Diet, it made me think that the taste/reward benefit part of the science is what the Sensa product seems to be based upon. (not that I would ever touch the stuff, just hearing the infomercials on the radio this morning had me thinking about the two).

I look forward posting my results!
                              Height - 5'8"
                              SW - 191
                              CW - 162
                              GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

• I did end up having to tweak my oil times today : 1/2 tablespoon when I woke up, coffee an hour later. Ate at 9am. Skipped lunch at 11, had 1 tablespoon oil instead. Almond Milk latte at 4:20. Just took another 1/2 tablespoon oil. Will eat dinner before 7pm when I leave for guitar class . No nausea today.

Comment

Working...
                                X