No announcement yet.

Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, that is probably the problem! I was trying a tablespoon full (or two) at a time.

Also, I don't think SLD is against the rules of a whole30, as long it is ELOO or coconut oil. They strongly suggest you eat 3 meals a day and nothing else, but it's not one of the hard and fast rules, so you could do W30 and pop your shot in as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by maigrey View Post
      Ah, that is probably the problem! I was trying a tablespoon full (or two) at a time.

Also, I don't think SLD is against the rules of a whole30, as long it is ELOO or coconut oil. They strongly suggest you eat 3 meals a day and nothing else, but it's not one of the hard and fast rules, so you could do W30 and pop your shot in as well.
      Lol on "pop the shot". Using that term. For me, it's a huge appetite suppresant and I eat twice a day or very little, so yeah..it's not really W30. That and the cottage cheese and I would certainly not qualify for a W30 that Dallas and Melissa would be proud of. Which actually is why after 2 years of posting on their forums, I no longer do. I still use many of the principles though.

I think if you do a tsp 2-3 times a day for maybe 5-7 days and slowly increase, you'll have way fewer tummy troubles.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Okay peeps, I set up a new thread in Journals for us when we wanna blabber on about
        whatever we wanna blabber on about:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1322670

Comment

• I am going to start a Whole30/AI version tomorrow or Wednesday. I know a few others wanted to do Whole30 after birthdays, etc. So feel free to jump in, since I think I need to start cleaning up my act sooner. But I will be looking for you to start and support each other! I have done oil shots again for 2 days, and the AS kinda kicked in real fast - I could hardly eat dinner! Yay, after pigging out for a month, this is good. I love the journal Julia set up, I just caught up by reading the whole thing.
          Thanks, Julia.
          More tomorrow...

Comment

• Hopeless Dreamer, I think this is great tht you're getting started. I can't remember if you've done one before? I did AIP and it was actually great for me. I'm definitely not ready t o get started again. are you keeping a journal? Here? Whole9 site?

Good luck!

Comment

• I'm in. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks and let down for a week prior to vacation, so it has been a month-long party! I'm up about six pounds, good grief.

I'm giving up sweeteners starting today, drinking black coffee, and going bland with the food as well to give this a boost. Thanks.
              2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
              2010 Paleo Diet
              2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                Hopeless Dreamer, I think this is great tht you're getting started. I can't remember if you've done one before? I did AIP and it was actually great for me. I'm definitely not ready t o get started again. are you keeping a journal? Here? Whole9 site?

Good luck!
                Hi calee,
                I havent done an AIP before, just Whole30. I guess a journal would be helpful. Maybe I'll start one here. So far, day one has been ok. I took a hot yoga class this morning - really good, but very tired now.
                I'm in the phase "Sure I can do this - no problem" but I know that will change. As always, my biggest concern is getting invited out or the family wanting to go out to dinner. I am just not going, there is no way. I'm over to Julia's new Journal thread now.

Comment

• welcome to our wacky world, Key Tones!

Comment

• I am posting at Whole9 also, on the following thread:
                    Starting Whole 30 on Oct. 1st! Anyone else? - Page 4 - Join the Whole30 - Whole9 - Page 4

Comment

• Wow - quite the thread!!

I'm looking for a bit of advice on using this diet. I was at (or below) my goal weight just from paleo eating for a couple of years. After an "incident' I had to go on antidepressants for about 8 months or so. They worked well, but I gained over 20 lbs in spite of still eating primal. I am off the meds now, but I can NOT lose the weight. I am trying to figure out a way to convince my body to go back to my former weight.

Anyone try SLD to lose medication-induced weight? Or care to speculate if this could work?

Thanks!!!!
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Jammies I would imagine it would/could work well. The appetite supression is what works for me. I notice a huge difference on days I don't do my oil shots. It's very possible the set point aspect will be helpful for you. You might want to go to the SLD site or buy the book to get the whys and hows of SLD.

Comment

• Calee, I bought the Daisy cottage cheese. It has 360 mg of sodium. The TJ cc has 340 mg of sodium so not a huge diff. The Daisy is very clean.

Comment

• Thanks OG, I will get that as soon as I eat this TJ's

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                              Thanks OG, I will get that as soon as I eat this TJ's
                              Yep...that is what I did.

Comment

• Mind if I jump in? I recently began the SLD and would like the company of others who are having success with it. I haven't so far, but I'm hopeful that I'll find the combination that works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X