Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    Dole rhymes with troll!! Roasted marshmallow syrup -ewwwwwww.
    Lol..no kidding. I'm shocked Tom didn't take it down. I think he must have missed it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
      Drink a quart of oil on the way out the door. You won't care where you go!

Seriously, have a great time and report back.
      Calee I did slug some. Met him at Jefe, my favorite neighborhood Mexican joint. He was so boring. How can anyone talk about cheese for a full hour? I may or may not have rolled my eyes at one point. My friend who set us up won't be pleased.

I have known Jim for over 30 years. He went to High School with my ex husband. He has tried to set me up before with equally disasterous results. I think I need to fire him. Detectives do NOT make good match makers.

Last edited by oceangrl; 08-17-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• I'm ready to join the love rest again. I'm rescinding the hate petition to ban boring foods. Truth is, my office partners look at me and can't believe I eat th same boring thing day in and day out. Excitement fo me is a decaf.

Julia, I'll be there with my u-haul. Just don't get any funny business ideas that I cook or clean.

I tried something different today. Skipped the morning shot and took it at 6PM. Upstairs neighbor and her boyfriend came down to watch Ray Donovan. She brought me two small meatballs for dinner. I could barely get them down. I think I will still do a bedtime shot so I have two today.

OG, I've been dating again. Boring guys are the absolute worst. Thi week I fired the guy I was seeing for the last couple months because conversation was just not easy enough. At leat you went to your fav spot.

I have 10 days to shed 5 pounds. I think I need tied up and put in the shed.

Sweet dreams......

Comment

• Calee dating sucks. It could be fun but hardly ever is.

I will help you move into Joolia's. My Forester can pack a lot of stuff.

Ray Donovan..I am so hooked. Can't wait to see what happens with Mickie. I'm into Dexter too.

Have you ever smelled pee when you just walk around your house? I swear my dog has not had an accident, but maybe she has when I wasn't looking?

Comment

• OG, I hate freaking dating! I want to meet someone and fall in love on the first date. I want him to look at me and never take his eyes off me. I want to know I'll never have to meet one.more.guy for a walk. I started seeing someone last weekend. I've known him for a year. Even got to know each other when I was along on a weekend vacation at Sea Ranch last August but it took this long to go out because of various reasons, none of them being lack of attraction. Perhaps this will be the one that sticks! A girl can dream.

Thank you for the offer to help me move! Perhaps you should move to! Between the efforts of you both, I should be a size 00 by Thanksgiving!

I'm going on a challenging 2 hour uphill hike in the Redwoods this morning. I havent done it much this summer because I'm in the Pilates studio all the time. Hope it doesn't kill me!

How is Derval? She only showed up here once.

My scale might not be loving me but I'm sitting here in size 6 Lucky jeans that haven't strangled me in the hour I've been sitting in them. I thought I could only wear 6 in Old Navy bcuse they run big. I would love to be a 6 not an 8. Focus Leelee. No NUTS today. Meat meat meat and zoodles.

School starts tomorrow Julia!

Comment

• OG, I'm still three behind on Ray Donovan. Watched two last night. Hooked! Never gor into Dexter. Don't know why. Maybe it's HBO?

I hate cat pee. I like cats but with allergies to them I doubt I will ever have one again. I had them for 18 years because of kid love. Now dogs, I'm in! Can't wait until I'm retired and can have a dog.

Dunno why your house smells like pee. Maybe that's a good reason to move to Joolias shangri la resort. Are you in ketosis and throwing off ketones? That can be stanky. The spa treatments at Joolia's would help.
              Last edited by calee; 08-18-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday I felt like frontier woman - all those tomatoes became sauce, which I canned. Then I made two pans full of roasted veggies ala Martha Stewart (eggplant, green beans, peppers, carrots & red onion this time). So nice to have in the fridge. Instant meal. Also cut a round roast into small breakfast steaks and froze. There are still lots of CSA veggies glaring at me from the kitchen counter, but I am tired of kitchen work.

Have lots of other work to do, including the exercise I didn't do yesterday. Your hike sounds nice, Calee. It is going to rain here, so I'm stuck w/the treadmill.

I hear you about dating -- even when I was young it was kinda a pain. But I've been married forever, so I expect I'd like it even less.

Off to take my morning shot!
                Starting Weight: 197.5
                Current Weight: 123
                Far healthier!

Comment

• Calee, yes, lets just both move in with Julia. We could cook dinner for her sometimes. No cleaning though.

Dexter is on Showtime right before Ray. Love it. You can watch all the seasons if you have On Demand.

Derval is good. The oil thing is not her cuppa tea. Are you on FaceBook? She posts fun photos of her field trips with her kids.

No cats here. Just a Chihuahua. I actually had my nose to the carpet and found a pee spot (that had to look cute). I used some carpet spot cleaner on it.

Janie..stay married. Dating is just not fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                    Calee I did slug some. Met him at Jefe, my favorite neighborhood Mexican joint. He was so boring. How can anyone talk about cheese for a full hour? I may or may not have rolled my eyes at one point. My friend who set us up won't be pleased.

I have known Jim for over 30 years. He went to High School with my ex husband. He has tried to set me up before with equally disasterous results. I think I need to fire him. Detectives do NOT make good match makers.
                    OG--have you tried Match.com or Chemistry.com? That's how I met my husband actually. My husband went on a lot of dates for a couple of years before he met me, but I had only gone on about 4 before I met him, but when we met, well, we were perfect for each other. It's just something to try. I never had success being fixed up by other people. I was engaged two other times before meeting my husband--and I just got married for the first time this past October at the age of 50, so it took me a very long time to find a husband!

Comment

• Pony I did try match a few years ago. I should try it again. You are right about friends and set ups..awkward. ;0) I love your story.

Comment

• this thread is more entertaining than TV - I check in everyday just to get a few laughs!
                        I survived the social event today. It was actually fun - we were on a rich guys boat! And I ate pretty good, but they had dried pineapple. I love dried pineapple, so I had a few pieces. That kinda messes up the Whole30, since they are coated with sugar.
                        This evening my family went out to dinner, so I had steak and veggies. I barely finished it. I didnt even have any oil today. Maybe I will before bed, since I seem to have AS kicking in after only 2 days back on shots. That should keep me from overeating, especially this weekend at a family function. ( I AM looking forward to that!)
                        Sounds like everyone had a busy few days - my week is going to get crazy starting tomorrow. I'll try to post at least on Friday, we'll see.
                        Have a good week!

Comment

• So, as far as timing for oil shots, I'm assuming it is better to do them in two separate shots at two different times of the day, right? Has anyone just done one double shot and have it work? Not that it matters much, I was just wondering. I've been doing two so far--and it works really great to just put the oil in a little water and drink it down that way--I found that to be the best and least gross way. The first few times I did them, I ate a whole spoon of refined coconut oil and that was pretty gross. Then I tried putting it in water like some of you suggested and that's perfect--it just goes right down and then I chase with some more water.

I do wonder why some oils work better than others--especially with the ELOO, since I read somewhere that the MUFA in olive oil is fattening for some reason. And I think I read that here on MDA somewhere. Anyway, that's what I'm doing right now, although I plan on switching to refined coconut oil eventually or maybe I will just need to switch things up depending on AS.

Today was a good day though--I didn't eat any nuts and I only ate breakfast and a small dinner--barely 1000 calories and I was at my brother and sister-in-law's where she had a plate of freshly baked organic chocolate chip cookies--the very cookies that I binged on two months ago! And I resisted them fairly easily!!!!! Those cookies are like crack and to resist them was amazing!!! Yay!!

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                            Yesterday I felt like frontier woman - all those tomatoes became sauce, which I canned. Then I made two pans full of roasted veggies ala Martha Stewart (eggplant, green beans, peppers, carrots & red onion this time). So nice to have in the fridge. Instant meal. Also cut a round roast into small breakfast steaks and froze. There are still lots of CSA veggies glaring at me from the kitchen counter, but I am tired of kitchen work.

Have lots of other work to do, including the exercise I didn't do yesterday. Your hike sounds nice, Calee. It is going to rain here, so I'm stuck w/the treadmill.
                            Janie, how about a pic of the veggies? They sound yummy and I bet they are gorgeous. Oy, I have a full gym in my building but haven't spent much time on the treadmills. I get easily bored and do better in a class or on a hike.

Hang onto your husband! Dating sucks!

Comment

• Pony, I love your story too! Maybe I still can have hope!

Comment

• HD, how fun to be out on a boat! I'm glad you were able to get steak and veggies for dinner. Hopefully your week will be really fun.

Pony, I'm doing two shots a day. I used to take one at 6:30 before going to work, but I think I need to do it later in the morning, then the second one late afternoon instead of bedtime. My resistance is having t o do them in the office rather than at home. I do coconut oil. I put it in a shot glass and put in the micro of 29 seconds then just down it and plug my nose. You did great with the cookies. Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                                X