How much zinc is too much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much zinc is too much?

I found that zinc is the only thing that really helps with my tinnitus.

(zinc + methylcobalamin + ginkgo biloba is a good treatment)

I have been taking 50 mg for 5 days now.

How much is too much?

This study used the same dosage daily for two months. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12544035
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Zinc competes with copper for absorption if I recall correctly, so the two must be kept in close balance. Too much of one can throw off the amount of the other in your body.

The effect of dietary zinc on intestinal copper absorption.

Inhibition of copper absorption by zinc.... [Biol Trace Elem Res. 1991] - PubMed - NCBI

Copper-Zinc Imbalance: Unrecognized Consequence of Plant-Based Diets and a Contributor to Chronic Fatigue - Weston A Price Foundation

So, increasing one can have an impact on proper absorption and utilization of the other. Probably not a huge issue for you, but t's something to keep in mind.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Continue with your research to be sure, but mine told me you can go up to 80 mg per day.
      One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

I have been taking 50 mg ever since I posted this. I feel fine.

In fact, my tinnitus is practically gone. It works.

Now what the fuck to do about balding?
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

My son takes 25mg daily and he's only 4, so that's probably fine for long term. You have to take it with protein also, or you won't be absorbing much.

I've recently learned that tinnitus is caused (or can be?) by too much lead...my dad has it really bad. He takes ground ivy tincture to break up the mucus in the Eustachian tubes and zeolites to remove the heavy metal poisoning. He says it's really starting to go away.

Comment

Working...
          X