Matt Stones "Eat for Heat"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Stones "Eat for Heat"

Im sure this will get boo's and hiss's from this crowd but Matt Stone is selling his new book right now for $.99 so i thought i would pass it on.

Eat for Heat: The Metabolic Approach to Food and Drink: Matt Stone: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

I wouldnt normally post this at these forums but he wrote this book to help anyone, no matter what diet they are one. So this can be applied to a primal diet as well as vegan or anything in between.

Personally, Matt has helped me out greatly in the past and i think hes a smart guy. I think the book is well worth a look.

P.S. if this is against the forums terms, i will take it down.

Thanks, I wanted to read this!
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Comment

Also available on Amazon.co.uk for 77p

Comment

Just bought it. Thanks for the tip.
        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Not available for Kobo
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
            Not available for Kobo
            I believe you can read it on a computer via cloud or something.

Comment

I don't even think I know what cloud is. For a buck though, it's no biggie. I will look it up, never hurts to check more things out.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                I don't even think I know what cloud is. For a buck though, it's no biggie. I will look it up, never hurts to check more things out.
                Yea i dont either but other people were talking about it. I think its a cloud reader that you can use on your computer to read ebooks.

Comment

This is a very simplistic view of metabolic issues that assumes that the higher one's internal body temperature, the healthier one's metabolism is.

The reality is that the issues surrounding metabolic health are MUCH more complicated than this and you can elevate your metabolism/metabolic health to levels that are often bad for those of us with normal activity levels.

A lot of what he says is good stuff, but he ignores a good amount of the deeper complexities with metabolic health. One would do well not to blindly follow all of his advice and be careful to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Body temp isn't the be-all to end all for metabolic issues.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Pulse and temperature are pretty accurate indications of metabolic health
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

do i actually agree with drumroll on this? i'll be damned. pulse and temperature as an accurate prediction of metabolic health is a gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                        do i actually agree with drumroll on this? i'll be damned. pulse and temperature as an accurate prediction of metabolic health is a gimmick.
                        Not everything he says is wrong. It's just WAY too simplistic of a viewpoint to summarize by saying "pulse and temp = health." Things are more complicated than that by far.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          Not everything he says is wrong. It's just WAY too simplistic of a viewpoint to summarize by saying "pulse and temp = health." Things are more complicated than that by far.
                          I had to take Matt Stone's 180 deg health off my favorites list when he wrote that a sterile gut is better than a gut all full of nasty bacteria...

I really don't get why people follow him, Roddy, and Peat. They have this crazy sugar diet and when that doesn't work they take unprescribed thyroid meds.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                            I had to take Matt Stone's 180 deg health off my favorites list when he wrote that a sterile gut is better than a gut all full of nasty bacteria...

I really don't get why people follow him, Roddy, and Peat. They have this crazy sugar diet and when that doesn't work they take unprescribed thyroid meds.
                            Yep. Temperature and pulse are only one indicator of thyroid health. In fact, they can be low and your thyroid still healthy. If you have low temps and/or pulse you might want to get things looked at, but it doesn't automatically mean your thyroid has issues. It could be something else as well.

You could just be an extremely high level endurance athlete.

Comment

I bought the .99 book (reading with the cloud). He has some interesting points, and I am always interested in new points of view, but it really isn't worth the normal full price. He needs help from an editor or something. Not all of us have experienced the health improvements that are claimed for PB, so it's good to get other views. Not sure I'll be downing loads of ice cream any time soon though.
                              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X