Matt Stones "Eat for Heat"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otzi View Post
    Be careful not to exercise too much, you may lower your heart rate and your IQ will go down...that's why all the high school jocks were dumb...
    So you mean all of that extra blood flow to my brain from an efficiently functioning heart ISN'T a good thing?

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily in some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venomous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

The only issue man had with spearing soda was the defense mechanism of a large, pressurized plume of carbonated wasp attractant which would cover the unlucky hunter who got too close. This was solved largely by the onset of prehistoric obesity, whereby a sacrificial grok would simply be put in front of the hunting party and immediately latched to the can (fossil records show clear bite marks and bits of aluminum if the dentition of these sacrificial obese. Otherwise, the soda was freely available to the tribe on a regular basis.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        I'll take being dumb over burning all my cell divisions early and dying sooner. Shouldn't you be hunkered down in a corner with a mirror and razor snorting confectioner's powdered sugar until you pass out?
        Who needs the corner when a pixie stick is just that much easier?
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily on some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venemous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

The only issue man had with spearing soda was the defense mechanism of a large, pressurized plume of carbonated wasp attractant which would cover the unlucky hunter who got too close. This was solved largely by the onset of prehistoric obesity, whereby a sacrificial grok would simply be put in front of the hunting party and immediately latched to the can (fossil records show clear bite marks and bits of aluminum if the dentition of these sacrificial obese. Otherwise, the soda was freely available to the tribe on a regular basis.
          Totally! It wasn't the meat that man was eating, that made their brains larger than that of any other animal. It was the lollipop bushes and Kool-Aid rivers! It's the ONLY way to explain how they maintained the caloric density they needed to support the size of those things...

Comment

We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily in some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venomous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

You really are a weird duck dude.

So you would really rather eat a banana peel over a gummi worm?? Saaaad.

Comment

Pretty much every person in here would rather eat a banana peel than a gummi worm. Gummy-worms are not food (corn derivatives and mineral oil, which comes from gasoline production or the like, I believe) and at least plant matter is plant matter.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Nice replies. Environment has forced an adaptation on us. Keep on being deathly afraid of anything neolithic though.

Also, your dear Mark Sisson has probably said corn syrup is nothing to be afraid of. My gummy bears are good stuff.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Yes, mark has said that. Mark has to soften the message for the masses. It's baby food, the lure, the easy path to good health. The devil's in the details. Has anybody tested regular corn syrup for pesticide residues, processing chemicals, etc.? Because, even if a food seems chemically safe based on it's nutritional attributes, that doesn't mean the way it's been handled and treated makes any sense at all.

Environment has failed to force any decent adaptations on me! When I ate high-carb, I was getting sweats and flushing skin, feeling hot and uncomfortable on a regular basis after eating. I thought it was normal until I tried PB. Now, stable temps for the most part.

Your lovely fruit advice didn't go very well at all. I'd give it longer, but I'm not really into gaining this much weight. Already 10 pounds heavier thanks to your ideas. I appreciate that you were, in fact, trying to be helpful. But I'd rather look old than be fat and constipated, and hungry all the time.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Which fruit were you eating? From what I remember it was mostly bananas? (high in starch unless really ripe)

Fruit with a very high water content can also induce some bloating. Also, if you don't adjust your fat intake it can cause weight gain.

It sounds like you're really insulin resistant. Did you try orange juice?

ARS | Publication request: Orange juice consumed regularly decreased the Insulin Resistance in normal subjects
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      Nice replies. Environment has forced an adaptation on us. Keep on being deathly afraid of anything neolithic though.

Also, your dear Mark Sisson has probably said corn syrup is nothing to be afraid of. My gummy bears are good stuff.
                      Well, in small doses he said it's ok. It's because it's pretty much pure glucose, so as long as it fits within your personal carb curve... *shrugs*

But we still have the high fructose version of that beast which a lot of people might have thought he was talking about. Two different things actually.

Comment

Yes, mark has said that. Mark has to soften the message for the masses. It's baby food, the lure, the easy path to good health. The devil's in the details. Has anybody tested regular corn syrup for pesticide residues, processing chemicals, etc.? Because, even if a food seems chemically safe based on it's nutritional attributes, that doesn't mean the way it's been handled and treated makes any sense at all.

Environment has failed to force any decent adaptations on me! When I ate high-carb, I was getting sweats and flushing skin, feeling hot and uncomfortable on a regular basis after eating. I thought it was normal until I tried PB. Now, stable temps for the most part.

Your lovely fruit advice didn't go very well at all. I'd give it longer, but I'm not really into gaining this much weight. Already 10 pounds heavier thanks to your ideas. I appreciate that you were, in fact, trying to be helpful. But I'd rather look old than be fat and constipated, and hungry all the time.
                        You are unhealthy. Its the hard truth. Someone that cant even eat a bit of fruit without gaining excessive weight and gets constipated does not have a healthy digestive system. The sign of a healthy metabolism and digestion would be being able to eat just about anything in any quantity and digesting fine.

Comment

I was going with fructose malabsorption for knifegill.

Whats the sugar eater's take on that (fructose malabsorption)?

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            You are unhealthy. Its the hard truth. Someone that cant even eat a bit of fruit without gaining excessive weight and gets constipated does not have a healthy digestive system. The sign of a healthy metabolism and digestion would be being able to eat just about anything in any quantity and digesting fine.
                            No no...he can eat a bit. He regularly eats an apple a day and some berries. So call it 2 pieces of fruit a day. Problem was he was trying to bump it to 7-8 pieces a day and that caused some real issues. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would not do well eating that much fruit. From my understanding fructose malabsorption can effect a fairly good chunk of the population.

No doubt he has had metabolic issue in the past. If you havent seen his before and after photo's its nothing short of amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              I was going with fructose malabsorption for knifegill.

Whats the sugar eater's take on that (fructose malabsorption)?
                              Pure fructose can be malabsorbed and feed bacteria producing endotoxin. Only in this context do I believe it exists. Fruit, honey, etc are balanced with equal parts glucose for your body to properly digest it.

If he's reacting poorly to fruit, it could just be that he's eating unripened fruit(bananas, apples) and having bad reactions to fiber in it.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

No, I like my bananas almost black. I always buy the discount ones!

I did dial my fat, way, way back. I actually cut out the coconut milk!

Fructose malabsorption may very well be involved, here.

Why would you ever think that it's a sign of health to be able to eat everything? People diversified in very different environments and should expect to require slightly (very?) different macros/micros to be healthy.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X