Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast is still going on. Cannot believe that I am at 48 hours right now. Actually, what I really cannot believe that I am not hungry. I only feel hungry when I read or think about food. But when I am buzy, there are no food thoughts.

Drinking lots and lots of water. Fortunately, the bad (related to Xmas binging) bowel movements have passed. My tummy really must have hated me!

I am curious to see how long I can keep going. Like an experiment!

Comment

• I have done this before and it works very well! Best of luck!

Comment

• really the only reason I want to do this, is to see if I can make the scales actually shift.
        I am rarely hungry since eating moar fat anyway.

But at the same time I have a lot of aches and pains, related to dairy I think (and being so heavy) and I was curious to see if fasting would help that at all.

Comment

• and.... begin.

So my fast actually starts today.. we had lamb ribs and lombardo (it's like cabbage) with pine nuts and mushrooms with bits of ham last night for dinner (note: my mom, who made dinner, is NOT primal) so I just couldn't pass up that dinner. (and by that time I actually felt pretty hungry!)
          Given that we'll probably be having pasta tonight, it's the perfect day for me to fast. I'll keep you updated!
          Last edited by TaraMae; 01-09-2013, 12:32 AM. Reason: ham is not the same as jam...
          newwwwbieeeee...
          any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Comment

• I had dinner tonight, and will fast for 48 hours if I can, with a BP coffee, and bone broth if I need it.
            I guess I can work up to water only, but will see how I go with this

Comment

• I broke my fast after 60 hours. I feel incredible, and I am amazed what my mind and body can do. I was not hungry at all, and when I did break the fast, I wasnt hungry either, but it just felt right to do so. I am not going to dwell a lot on it, because I am going to keep fasting like this quite regularly now. Maybe once a month or so...and keep increasing the duration. Before this, the longest I had done was 30 hours, so doubling it felt real good.

For people who want weight stats. Post Xmas/ NY binge, I was 105 pounds. When I started the fast, I was 113. This morning, I was 108.2. I think, in the past 60 hours, I lost all the bloat, gas, and retained water. I really needed that. I am not sure if I have really "gained" three pounds (from 105 to 108) of fat in two weeks of bad eating. I will see how it goes and where I land up. As in, from today onwards, I am going back to regular eating--one meal a day.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing their experience!

Comment

• Dairy does not give me aches or pains, but it does stall my weight-loss. I have completely cut out dairy from my diet, and it has really helped. The scales have been moving!

Comment

• And oh yes, I broke my fast with brussel sprouts, chicken salad, meatballs, and an avocado.

Comment

• Hope its OK that I am here, since I am doing only a "half fast". BP coffee in the morning, and bone broth if I need it.

Comment

• Okay so today I actually began with my fast! (It's just that my parents have been making primal meals for dinner and I couldn't resist! --they usually make rice, pasta, etc. so I couldn't pass up the opportunity hehe)
                      Day 1.
                      I've had water with lemon in it, and basically all morning has been busy cleaning my room and distracting myself from food with some pampering: manicure, pedicure, honey-lemon face mask, etc.
                      Almost time to go to school (it's 3pm) so that keeps me out until 9pm tonight. I'll have a mug of tea during the break, and when I come home, I'm planning to just go to bed! Oh, and I'm bringing a bottle of water with me to class to sip on.
                      I've never really done a fast and stuck with it, so we'll see how I do..
                      I LOVE reading everyone's plans, tips, encouragement.. this thread is great!! xxo
                      newwwwbieeeee...
                      any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Comment

• I am up to 36 hours of my "half fast", and lost 2.2 lbs over night.
                        Feeling still full of energy, and not hungry so yay!

Comment

• Made it the 24 hours! Broke my mini-fast with salmon and shrimp, some blue cheese, and then I watched a movie with some pipas and apricots.. Mmm. Today I'm going to try fasting until dinner again.
                          newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

• I broke my half fast at around 40 hours or so with some tuna and homemade mayo.
                            It felt good

Comment

Working...
                            X