Reaction to Coconut milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Owly View Post
    You're welcome to completely sacrifice your entire life on the altar of primal. I will continue to eat healthy meals that I cook for myself with the aid of such horrible, horrible things as tinned coconut milk and canned tomatoes. Because I'm very sure that those foods are totally making everyone fat.

It's not a binary choice between everything from scratch and the drive through.
    I never said it was going to make you fat.

Comment

I agree with Owly on that one except that I try to avoid cans. But chopped tomatoes (and frozen veggies) are a livesaver for small families too. I'd have to go shopping every other day to keep purely fresh produce in my home. I opt for fewer trips to the store and eating some things from tetrapacks and jars and the freezer. As long as they're organic and don't contain additives, the only dif might be a bit of nutrients. And that not might even be an issue when you consider how far fresh produce travels to get to store (in the US, an average of 1500 miles), losing nutrients with each passing mile.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Oh, no, you just called people who don't make their own coconut milk "lazy". Sorry, I'm not lazy. I simply have better things to do with my time than to make coconut milk from scratch when a good quality, additive free coconut milk is perfectly healthy and not a dangerous "processed food" any more than if I bought dried coconut and spent the 20 minutes preparing it myself.

This sort of primal purity thing is what makes people think this is an unmanageable lifestyle.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Do coconuts have udders?
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I only buy the best free-range, grassfed coconut steaks.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

He (KathyH) is building straw Humans to tear down.

Comment

Here's an article on why coconut milk might not be your friend:

3 reasons why coconut milk may not be your friend

It's pretty long, so I didn't want to post it, that's why the link.

B*tch-lite

Comment

How do you make coconut milk in only 5mins? The last time I bought a fresh coconut it took me about 20mins to get the damn thing open and then even longer to get the flesh out of the thing.

And then I had to clean up the kitchen.

Fresh coconuts. I suspect I am doing it wrong.
                  My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

Check out the link JoanieL gives and scroll down for the recipe using flakes. Check out the comments section for the tool involved when using fresh.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was using Arroy-D which is just coconut and water. I guess I'll just steer clear of a whole glass of it and continue on with coconut in other forms. I'm glad to hear there are others out there who have had the same issue but can still tolerate coconut oil etc.

You guys are amazing!

Comment

Working...
                      X