Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preservatives in store bought Kretschmar Ham. Ok for a 1 day meal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservatives in store bought Kretschmar Ham. Ok for a 1 day meal?

ingredients:

Cured With: Water, Dextrose, Salt, Contains 2% Or Less of Potassium Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.

Having dinner at my parents house tomorrow and this is the ham they bought. I really don't want to bring my own food to eat if I don't have/need to.

Would having a few slices of this preservative laden mess do much harm?

My opinion - no, unless you are allergic or sensitive in some medical way to any of these ingredients. Count this as part of your 20%, don't pig on it, and offer to bring/do the ham yourself next time around.

Enjoy the company, and Merry Christmas!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Snatch it off the table and drop kick it out the front door.

Haha, seriously you have probably been eating stuff like that here and there your whole life, it wont make a difference.

Comment

gross!!!
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Unless your seriously ill chalk it up to your 20% and enjoy the holidays!

Comment

It's just one meal, it's not going to kill you or get you kicked out of paleo club. Eat up.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

That would give me a 3 day migraine! However if you don't suffer just have a bit to be social

Comment

Working...
              X