Cant find grss fed butter here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find grss fed butter here

I live in Alberta, Canada. There is no grass fed butter anywhere in town or out of town. Spoke to many others and they cannot find it either and it cant be shipped out of the US.

So how much of a difference would unsalted organic butter be to use health wise? lots of that here

I would suggest checking the website for whatever brand of organic butter is available to you. Good chance it is grassfed, just by virtue of being organic. If it's not on the website, contact them to find out. Then please post your info for the rest of us Canucks. :-)

Comment

I've never been able to find grassfed butter anywhere in Alberta. I just buy the organic stuff and not worry about it.

Comment

I typically get my grass fed butter from Wholefoods.

A good brand is Kerrygolds.

Are there Wholefoods in Alberta?
        bjjcaveman.com

theketorash.com

Comment

Been looking in Alberta as well, no kerrygold in costco either.
          I just live with it and buy cultured butter....much higher fat content.
          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

It took me 2 years to find a source for unpasteurized grass fed butter here in Ontario... don't give up

Comment

no kerry golds butter in alberta as far as I know and theres a big deal with shipping grass fed to Canada and US I believe.

I just wanted to know also if organic unsalted butter would affect weight loss compared to if I used grass fed

Comment

Good new is you can get great grass fed beef here...so swings and roundabout.
                Last edited by Dirlot; 12-25-2012, 07:43 AM.
                PS
                Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by cariboo87 View Post
                  I just wanted to know also if organic unsalted butter would affect weight loss compared to if I used grass fed
                  no, you'll be fine; eat up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                    Good new is you can get great gas fed beef here...so swings and roundabout.
                    yup we have half a side of grass fed beef to fill the freezer in january

Comment

Get the best of what you can find and what you can afford. It's not going to matter a whole lot in the long run.
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I live in Calgary and I ordered Organic Grass Fed Ghee from Pure Indian Foods.
                        Their website is really easy to use and it was no problem shipping to Canada.
                        Pure Indian Foods - A fifth-generation, family-owned ghee business since 1889.

Comment

This makes me sad, also being in Alberta...I recently came home from a trip to the Caribbean with 4lbs of frozen Kerrygold in my suitcase because we can't get it here. It tastes so. Bloody. Good. I gross out my mister by eating it straight.
                          It's not just that it's tough to find grass-fed butter around here, but there's also a limit on the milk fat percentage so Canadian butter has less milk fat and more water/milk solids in it. There's a whole set of crazy regulations on dairy products here that are apparently meant to protect Canadian producers.
                          You *can* bring butter back from the States duty free, but there is a limit of $20 worth per person. Take some friends on a quick cross-border trip and stock up, perhaps?
                          There are decent options available, though - Foothills Creamery makes some tasty butter. Organic Meadow is a brand that's almost 100% grass fed, but right on the website it says the feed has to be supplemented with grains in the winter because, well, there's no damn grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle M View Post
                            I live in Calgary and I ordered Organic Grass Fed Ghee from Pure Indian Foods.
                            Their website is really easy to use and it was no problem shipping to Canada.
                            Pure Indian Foods - A fifth-generation, family-owned ghee business since 1889.
                            This is all I use and it is so delicious.
                            I'm in the states and order it from Amazon.

Comment

Use cultured butter it has a higher fat content and tastes more like European butter
                              PS
                              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Working...
                              X