The BAD FOOD COMBO thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BAD FOOD COMBO thread.

Post foods eaten which you soon regretted having combined.

Bananas and oysters. So nice I tasted it twice.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

yuck... oysters...

for me: beef gelatin, sugar, and coconut oil
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Sweet potato and banana....Saw someone mention they mashed these together so I gave it a shot. Yack!

Comment

Liverwurst and anything. **shudders** Just doesn't work for me.
        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Pecan flour as a thickener in a beef heart stew. That was foul.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Not really a combo, but I tried making buffalo turkey necks. Not good. Ended up eating eggs that night.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I had avocado with almond butter on top. It was actually pretty good.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Pickles topped with whipped cream. I had heard that pregnant women were supposed to crave such stuff, and my kid brain said "Wow! What a cool thing to try!" Ummmmm, nooooooo...
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

As a child, my father made this.. thing. I think it was supposed to be a version of a latke, but it was heinous. I got two bites in and ran for the bathroom. It was an abomination of onions, bacon, chorizo, potato, pancake batter, peppers, tomato, garlic, and breakfast sausage. Yeah, it may sound good, but it wasn't.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    As a child, my father made this.. thing. I think it was supposed to be a version of a latke, but it was heinous. I got two bites in and ran for the bathroom. It was an abomination of onions, bacon, chorizo, potato, pancake batter, peppers, tomato, garlic, and breakfast sausage. Yeah, it may sound good, but it wasn't.
                    Holy crap - this sounds very similar to something MY father used to make ALL THE TIME.

We called it "Daddy's EggSlop", and it was eggs with a fuckton of anything else he could find, all scrambled
                    together, with cheese.

We HAD to eat it though, because after breakfast, it was always time for an 8 mile hike! (we went to his
                    house on the weekends), So if you didn't eat, you'd starve.

He always made up for it with bbq'd shishkabobs for dinner or some other glorious bbq'd item, but still,
                    breakfasts SUCKED.

One time he made Malt-O-Meal pancakes - pancake on the outside, but when you cut into one, maltomeal
                    ooooooozed out on to your plate.

I loved it, but my sister was absolutely HORRIFIED.

That said, she'd rather eat the maltomeal pancakes than Daddy's EggSlop ANY DAY.

Julie

Comment

LOL julie!

Comment

I found by experience that Swedish Surströmming does not combine very well with caramell pudding...

warning_do_not_ever_try_this_at_home_speckcase-p176734039011024684bhar2_400.jpg
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I once followed a generous serving of kimchi with a generous serving of ice cream. Couldn't get to the loo fast enough...gruesome...
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Another one of Dad's experiments (and we were always the guinea pigs) was homemade sour cream and chorizo gnocchi. That didn't fly well either.
                            There was also the time he made pad thai and grabbed the strawberry jam bottle instead of the ketchup bottle. No go.
                            (My father is actually a really good chef. It's his "empty the fridge" experiments that we fear.)
                            Speaking of "empty the fridge" experiments, I decided one day to mix tarmartar curry and jambalaya. I figured, with similar bases, it couldn't go too wrong. Nope. Aondouille and curry don't play well.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

For some reason I once put mint in beef broth. I don't recommend doing that.
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                              X