Trying new foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying new foods

Hi, i was wondering if anyone was having burnout on the same foods day in day out. I have tried to change things up, but i seem to grow tried of it all. I don't know if i can keep to this eating style. Does anyone have any advice for me!? thanks

I love trying new foods. Every week is a new food adventure. I try to find one new thing to make each week. Last week I made baby bok choy for the first time. Various new meats and learning how to cook them. New recipes for familiar foods (like making cabbage rolls today out of cabbage and ground beef.) It helps to love cooking and experimenting.

Maybe find one new ingredient and learn how to cook it. Keep doing that as often as you need to treat food boredom.

Comment

I go shopping about every 4 days for new food, and get a new item every time. It helps with the creativity and diversity.
      sigpic
      In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

There are enough combinations of animal products, vegetables, nuts/seeds, spices, fats and oils, general cooking condiments (not just ketchup anbd mustard for me!) and variations of the aforementioned to keep me happy.
        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

is there a certain cooking book you go by?

Comment

I like to experiment with different ethnic cuisines. Same beef/chicken/pork/veggies...totally different dishes.
            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

No cookbooks in my house. I usually look at what I've got in hand, and search the internet for recipes to use on it.

Comment

google is my cookbook these days. I just google ingredients I have and see what I can come up with. I tend to "iron chef it" (as someone here once said) I pick a theme ingredient (something I have) and make something with that.
                It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Iron Chef It! That's exactly what I do!

Comment

I usually just stab at it until it's delicious. That's my way; it works pretty well.
                    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Hey Diana... how do you make your baby bok choy? I just picked some up...
                      to the OP, I guess I am a creature of habit - I love my BAS - vary the ingredients and meats...
                      there are LOTS of recipes on the site...

Comment

Don't forget about sauces either - reductions, stocks, hollendaise, mayos, cream sauces, salsas . . . . just stay away from the bechemel. A different sauce or different spices can bring new life to an old dish

Comment

The Healthy Urban Kitchen by Antonio Valladares is a great E-book for cooking. He's a Chekkie too, meaning no BS recipes.
                          sigpic
                          In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

I'm a pretty good Kitchen Ninja. people look in the fridge and freezer and are like "theres nothing to eat! lets go out" and while they decide where to go, I've already whipped up a kick @$$ primal feast. And they eat it, and love it, and wonder where it came from and why they wanted to go out... and still won't give the lifestyle a chance LOL Point is, I tend to just wing it and improvise

As for new foods, I love to give things a try. I tend to eat the same or similar dish for a week or two, then try something else and cycle through forms of that for a couple weeks. One of the best things I've found is to take a recipe for something I know I like and see if I can primalize it. I either end up with a great substitute, or a cool new dish.
                            Last edited by darienx19; 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM. Reason: Actually answering the question LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X