Hypothyroidism and Weight Loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothyroidism and Weight Loss

As someone who has hypothyroidism I'm finding it difficult to loose weight on low carb meals.
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to eat and or a meal plan to help drop weight?
    Thank you.

I also have hypothyroidism and while it doesn't happen as fast as I want I certainly am losing weight. When was the last time you had your levels checked? Maybe its time for a dosage change.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Interesting. I have Hashimotos (autoimmune hypothyroid condition) and going to no-grain makes losing weight practically effortless for me. It doesn't happen super fast, but 10 lbs loss every 3-4 weeks is typical for me. If I eat grain, I can maintain my weight but not lose. But I do also incorporate exercise and I use replacement thyroid hormone as prescribed by my doctor. We try to keep my TSH under 2.0 because that's when I feel best.
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Low thyroid is often caused by weak adrenals. Support the adrenals, replace much of your oil with coconut (even the refined stuff if you can't stand the virgin stuff) and I bet you will feel improvement in time.

After that I would work on liver support. The liver is very important for weight loss and if it's not working well it's like paddling upstream.

Comment

Thanks all. Asheyl, what do you mean by "work on liver support."

Comment

Foods and herbs good for the liver, lemon water (I drink a glass in the evening of one lemon in a glass of water, some might start with 1/2 a lemon), liver cleansing.. Especially if you are like me and missing a gall bladder (boy I wish I could take that back!!).

Comment

A little more info on liver cleansing here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d77549-43.html

Comment

Working...
              X