No announcement yet.

Alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink red wine only through the winter. In the summer, and on a hot day, I may have a glass of chilled white. I don't drink liquor. I have red wine 3-4 nights per week -- 1-2 glasses. I find the more I work out, the greater the aversion to alcohol I have. I'll be in crossfit class 3 x a week starting January, so will likely pair down to a glass or two of red wine on Saturday nights only. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

I don't drink at all anymore, it's not worth it. Even a couple of drinks can trigger a 3 day migraine I used to drink far too much in my twenties and there are two recovering alcoholics in my immediate family (who have been dry for a few years thankfully), so it's quite liberating to realise i can quite happily live without alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
        I find the more I work out, the greater the aversion to alcohol I have.
        I noticed something sort of along these lines, though I wouldn't call it an aversion, when I started working out. You know those days when you come home from a long hard day at work and you just want a long, slow glass of wine (or whatever) and a sit on the couch? When I work out instead - all desire for a glass of wine vanishes. Endorphins and relaxation achieved, bring on the rest of the day!

Comment

I drink 2 shot glasses of good tequila, juice of a whole org lime, splash of soda water (thank u, Robb Wolf) once or twice a week, never later than 5pm.. Sometimes wks go by and I drink no alcohol; depends of who comes to visit.

Comment

I quit drinking beer. It gives me similar symptoms to eating wheat. A good substitute at a gig or after long night at job is 1 shot scotch and 8 oz. club soda. 2-3 times a week red wine.

Comment

I'm so glad my taste and tolerance for alcohol hasn't changed since going primal. While I have cut back and I no longer have wine with dinner every day, I do drink it 3-5 days a week. On the weekends I also have a finger or two of bourbon and occasionally a vodka martini. Beer is now absent, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
              5' 9" 47 YO F
              PB start June 2, 2012
              Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
              Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                I used to love a good red wine but I rarely drink at all anymore. Since going Primal, I find my tolerance for alcohol is way down and the hangover factor is way up. It just doesn't work out to being worth it except as a special occasion *one* glass.
                Like paleobird, the hangovers are now terrible. Even after just two drinks. I used to drink almost daily before going primal, but now I just can't handle the wicked hangovers. Pissed me off at first and trust me, I tried to tough it out but each time I drank it sucked hard the next day. Now I think it's a good thing that I don't really drink anymore

Comment

Originally posted by cruncan View Post
                  Do you drink alcohol? What kind? How often? Why or why not?
                  Yes. Silver tequila (100% agave of course) and vodka. Too often. Because I am a happy lush.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfRound View Post
                    I've been drinking a lot of red wine recently, but the reality is that whenever I drink, I end up 1) overeating 2) eating all the wrong things, so I think I need to put an end to this habit and treat booze the same as, say, ice cream - a rare treat.
                    This. Exactly. Alcohol to my brain means chips or anything crunchy and my tastebuds have no off switch. I'm better off not drinking alcohol at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X